Meeting with Joy Seppala & Dave Boddy - Thursday 27th February 2020 (1 Viewer)

Mcbean

Just read this - good effort - nice to see the contact and recognition - PUSB fingers crossed for the championship - won’t be easy but one things for sure fans on here in the most part are 100
% behind the club

clint van damme

Just frustrated that we’ve had a meeting with the club where we’ve learned nothing and no pressing questions or follow ups have been asked. I suspect if they were there wouldn’t have been a meeting with the club though. There are things I want answers from our owners for is all. Mark and Pete are good guys and trying their best but the parameters mean we won’t learn anything new. So it’s basically another supporters forum/club but not an avenue to make progress on the stadium.

You seriously read that and learned nothing? Come on mate FFS.

AFCCOVENTRY

Well at least we know what the situation is for the next few seasons. We have 2 years that can be activated at St Andrews if we don’t move back to the Ricoh next season. If we’re back at the Ricoh then it might be a 5 year deal if a new site is identified to build a stadium.

with Robins doing well and the team playing with possible Championship football on the horizon the club is on the up.

if I remember correctly Fisher said Sisu would only consider selling the club on the up.

Gibbo

Very enlightening. Just worried that the thought of an 18k seat stadium would be big enough. It won't by a long shot. In league 1 yes.
In the Championship we would command an 18k-20k average. Heck wev'e had 3ok for Crewe?
The premier league would be a sell out 30k plus with potential to hit 40k if we did well like say Leicester.
I don't beleive SISU will ever build a stadium, and are more likely to apply and get planning consent to aid their exit strategy.
A new owner would most likely buid a 35-40k seater but not before we were back in the premier league.

I too am dubious they will ever build as the maths look too risky for a hedge fund. On the other hand, they have stuck around almost 15 years now, so maybe they are in for the long haul.The summation of the football position re: the Championship looks spot on.

An 18k 4 sided stadium would be perfect for the Championship. Great atmosphere, not a bowl, but room to expand if promoted. And as I hope we never go near the Premiership unless a complete moneybags buys us, it will do just fine. Too expensive and who wants to be Norwich.

My sense for a while has been that, although it has taken them longer than it ever should have, SISU have finally worked out how to manage a lower league operation in a situation mainly (although not exclusively) of someone else's making - Ray Ranson and CCC.

Briles

Message to CET (As I know you peruse these forums)

How have two fans got more answers in a few months than you have since the dawn of time?

Cheers

shmmeee

We, we??? What the fuck have you done?

I mean aside from basically wrote the original statement, been posting on the forum they claim to represent for fucking years and having multiple discussions over PM with Pete about it, nothing. You?

oldfiver

Sorry I didn’t think it was worth a response. Of course what happens to the Ricoh involves Wasps don’t be ridiculous.

And yet the latest report from WASPs does not mention any potential impact on them from any potential legal proceedings
And what do you mean "what happens to the Ricoh" - what can happen to the Ricoh that would damage WASPs ? Even if CCC are found to have breached some EU rule it cannot impact on WASPs so long as they acted legally and in good faith

usskyblue

My view is that Joy has been on the lookout for a fans group of her own to counter the Trust for a while and now she has one who won’t challenge her to feed us the same crap we’ve been being fed for six years. But now from fans!

So now we have Wasps/Trust/CET vs Sisu/SBT/Observer and frankly I’ve been on the Internet long enough to know that doesn’t lead to productive outcomes.

Again. Did you read? Or are you deliberately writing bollox?

‘Dave advised that regular supporters forum meetings were still held which included representatives from 15 different supporters’ groups including the London supporters’ group, Leamington & Warwick Supporters group and the Sky Blues Trust, amongst others. Dave advised there is a place for Sky Blues Talk on thatforum and has invited Pete to take that place. The supporters’ forum has met twice this season, and another meeting is due soon. The group is chaired by Colin Henderson of the London supporters’ group.’

oldfiver

Sorry I didn’t think it was worth a response. Of course what happens to the Ricoh involves Wasps don’t be ridiculous.

What about the one "A genuine question - Have you attempted to organise anything similar with SISU or WASPs?"

Corrado

I mean aside from basically wrote the original statement, been posting on the forum they claim to represent for fucking years and having multiple discussions over PM with Pete about it, nothing. You?
I don't belittle those who have made a genuine and successful attempt to reunite the club with the true fans - not the deluded trust who are only in it for themselves and back handed payouts. If you know all the right questions to ask, why haven't you??

wince

Totally agree with your cynicism regarding the new stadium but other than that there is a lot of new information in there and a genuine attempt from Pete and Mark to get the main players from both side round the table together.
They've put both the trust and the local media to shame.
First thing well done Mark and Pete, but at the risk of getting shot down Sisu have form of meeting anyone who will show them even in a slightly positive light , and nothing has changed since Joy use to ring up season ticket holders a few years ago , but I think they need to be held to account at every opportunity, As for Eastwood , if Mark and Pete could meet with him , the question I would like answered , would be why after moving 100 old miles for financial reasons , would you half or even more than that the revenue you have traveled to seek, , as a business decision the money needed to defend yourself against Sisu , could and maybe should be coming from CCFC fans , Sisu core customers

Gibbo

There’s some good challenge in there and I am happy to answer for me and allow mark to answer for him

I think we feel it’s very pro ccfc not sisu
I don’t think I’ve ever thought a new stadium was realistic I now think it is. We didn’t ask about timescales but they are very excited about a particular site (3 weeks comes to mind)

Not sure about funding, ccfc will take all the funds needed to compete. Who knows who will own it. We could and hope to ask more about this. For me this is an ongoing conversation with the immediate priority of getting Coventry back to Coventry.

I think it’s clear we did ask and the answer was there’s no point as the eu will follow up if there’s a case to answer.

the legals and indemnity are part of the nda paragraph

No applause but meeting was respectful and polite as it should be

Next steps are for Joy to talk to Derek and get back to Coventry then we can argue over new stadium

thanks for staying on here and articulating you’re views so well
Interesting about the new site that you have shifted from being a skeptic to more optimistic. Is this just Joy's warm words, or something more meaty to go on? I remain a skeptic, not least because of the impact it would have on WASPS letting us back to the Ricoh. They would want to milk us during the interim even more than before

Gibbo

I think better questions would be
"why are WASPs so bothered by the EU complaint?" which is not against them
"what are they expecting SISU et al to idemnify unless they have a problem?"
"what indemnities exist between them and CCC?"
Bloody good questions

mark82

Probably a bit late, but I'm keen for this to not turn into a bun fight. Shmmeee raises some relevant questions, we'll try to answer as best we can when we get chance but both have work commitments today. In fairness, I've only seen one comment relating directly to the OP that isn't at least trying to be constructive (and it's not shmmeee). If there are questions we cannot answer then we'll try to refer it on to someone at the club, as long as it's constructive. It's hard to do that when things get lost amongst in-fighting.

mark82

So same crap we’ve been being fed for six years now. Great. But I’m sure this time they mean it guys!

I'm not offering any opinion on it personally, just reporting what was said. Everyone is free to come to their own conclusions.

clint van damme

And yet the latest report from WASPs does not mention any potential impact on them from any potential legal proceedings
And what do you mean "what happens to the Ricoh" - what can happen to the Ricoh that would damage WASPs ? Even if CCC are found to have breached some EU rule it cannot impact on WASPs so long as they acted legally and in good faith

Just to clarify oldfiver, the lat bit of your post.
Are you saying that wasps can't be liable to reimburse the council if the complaint is upheld as long as there was no wrong doing on their part even if it is found they received state aid?

shmmeee

Probably a bit late, but I'm keen for this to not turn into a bun fight. Shmmeee raises some relevant questions, we'll try to answer as best we can when we get chance but both have work commitments today. In fairness, I've only seen one comment relating directly to the OP that isn't at least trying to be constructive (and it's not shmmeee). If there are questions we cannot answer then we'll try to refer it on to someone at the club, as long as it's constructive. It's hard to do that when things get lost amongst in-fighting.

Sorry mate. I’ll bow out of the thread. Again it’s not personal just frustrated at this whole thing. Round and round we go.

shmmeee

Just to clarify oldfiver, the lat bit of your post.
Are you saying that wasps can't be liable to reimburse the council if the complaint is upheld as long as there was no wrong doing on their part even if it is found they received state aid?

The remedy for state aid is to return the market to how it was before the intervention. I don’t see how that couldn’t impact the recipient TBH.

clint van damme

Sorry. Should have said learned nothing of consequence that we haven’t heard already. It’s my fault for expecting more I guess.

I thought it was good to hear what their plans are for the club next year regardless of where we're playing. They've never really gone into that much detail before.

Always worth employing a healthy dose of sceptecism admittedly.

Briles

The remedy for state aid is to return the market to how it was before the intervention. I don’t see how that couldn’t impact the recipient TBH.

Wouldn't Wasps have to pay the council the difference between what they paid and what they should've paid? It'll only affect Wasps

mark82

Right. That’s what I thought. So long story short: Sisu think the case is more important than us being in Cov. Everything else is bollocks frankly. I get that most here would rather the club is outside Cov permanently than CCC possibly get away with something as yet unproven. I disagree but each to their own.

That's your opinion, you're entitled to that and I'm not going to try to sway you from it. All I can say is there was a clear desire, and acknowledgment, from everyone involved that the club needs to be playing in Coventry next season. There are obstacles to overcome that aren't just about the EU complaint.

Telfer85

Top work Pete and Mark. Yes a lot of questions still remain and many people still may be sceptical on a new ground (as am I) and I think it will remain like that until the first brick is laid.

However having this link to the club and to speak to joy directly is a step in the right direction. Your unbiased approach I hope will lead to more chances like this to interrogate and hold all parties to account. The details that we want may be hid behind NDAs which we can do nothing about but at least as things progress we now have a trusted representative we can go through to raise concerns and questions on our behalf however frustrating the answers we receive may be.

Pete should definitely attend the supporters group meetings. If in the interest of fairness you want a poll for that fine but i think you would have the overwhelming support of this board to do so.

Badger

If the legals and indemnity are part of the NDA why do we know about them? Why were the club able to bring them up when they made a statement but not when asked questions about it? Who even asked for the NDA because it seems like it mostly helps Sisu avoid answering any questions about the legals.

What made you think a stadium will happen? Because if it’s just salesman swagger from a couple of business people I’d rather hold out for something concrete thanks.

Please don’t take this personally. I told you in PM this was the issue you’d run into and it brings me no pleasure that you have. I wish I was wrong and there was something we could do as fans but each move just makes me more convinced there isn’t and we’ve just got to wait it out until something gives.

It is frustrating that we cannot get answers quicker but this needs to be taken one step at a time.

The first thing is to try and get Wasps to remove the Indemnity which means there is always a chance that some people will take that as biased. If that is done we then need to target SISU.

I am really pleased that something is now being done to try and get back to the City. Serious questions on the new stadium can be asked at a later date.

Gibbo

Right, I have been thro this thread and by the second page was discounting all Shmmee related content; that was just a complete rabbit hole. Along with others, just to record my thanks to Mark and Pete for sterling work and dispassionate reporting. We can all now freely apply our own preconceptions...

mark82

Don’t mean much unless we know what it was. I mean was it the refusal to not have future action? Was it the indemnity? Neither technically the EU case but related. We’re all just pissing in the wind here. All the more reason I’d like to see us put some pressure on the owners to build a ground.

Can't argue with this. A ground should be a long term goal. Ricoh should still be short term - and for next season.

Nick

Administrator
Pete should definitely attend the supporters group meetings. If in the interest of fairness you want a poll for that fine but i think you would have the overwhelming support of this board to do so.

I'd guess that would be the case!

AStonesThrow

This is why I love being a Coventry City fan. Amazing group of fans, proud to be part of this fan base.

As a side note, I’d like to echo my sentiment of thanks and appreciation from my thread last season regarding the season ticket fundraiser. My two boys and I have had an amazing time at the games this season, creating and sharing fantastic and priceless memories in what has been a very difficult year for us. I really can’t express how grateful we are for once again being chosen for season tickets, you guys are amazing, especially @MildManneredJanitor.
Football has always been a massive connection between myself and my eldest son especially, who has been put forward for an ADHD assessment and has had a really tough year at school. He lives and breathes everything Coventry City, and without all your kindness, this wouldn’t have been possible.
Thank you all so much, from all three of us.
Dan, Harry (7), and Freddie (4)

SkyBlueDom26

This is why I love being a Coventry City fan. Amazing group of fans, proud to be part of this fan base.

As a side note, I’d like to echo my sentiment of thanks and appreciation from my thread last season regarding the season ticket fundraiser. My two boys and I have had an amazing time at the games this season, creating and sharing fantastic and priceless memories in what has been a very difficult year for us. I really can’t express how grateful we are for once again being chosen for season tickets, you guys are amazing, especially @MildManneredJanitor.
Football has always been a massive connection between myself and my eldest son especially, who has been put forward for an ADHD assessment and has had a really tough year at school. He lives and breathes everything Coventry City, and without all your kindness, this wouldn’t have been possible.

PUSB x

cc84cov

Love that mate :) x

Users who are viewing this thread