Meeting with Joy Seppala & Dave Boddy - Thursday 27th February 2020 (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

Actually, to correct, I asked them to clarify and they said the target for a new stadium would be 5 years but it's early stages and things can change. Sites, etc are commercially sensitive so couldn't be discussed. As you say, more can be asked in future.

So same crap we’ve been being fed for six years now. Great. But I’m sure this time they mean it guys!

Nick

Administrator
You only read what you want. You literally quoted a post of mine where I say I agree that the trust are biased. I posted the same in at least two other posts and yet you manage to come out with “you’re just angry it makes the trust look biased”. At times you are so dense I’m amazed you don’t collapse in on yourself.

And a link? Really? We’ve heard it from CJ. We’ve heard it from Linnell. That’s the unofficial PR line coming back on the legals that they can’t talk about publicly because of the NDA remember. You really are grasping.

I suspect they won’t do it because they think it will do something. Just like I suspect they won’t commit to either a ground or stopping future legals. Just like I suspect we are out of Cov or at best in a shit Ricoh deal for many years to come.

Why are the Trust biased? How is that in any way comparable to this thread which clearly isn't biased?

They did commit to stopping future legals, didn't they? Was that something else you missed.

We have heard it from you, CJ and Linnell. That's it, what does that tell you?

shmmeee

Why are the Trust biased? How is that in any way comparable to this thread which clearly isn't biased?

They did commit to stopping future legals, didn't they? Was that something else you missed.

We have heard it from you, CJ and Linnell. That's it, what does that tell you?

Heard it from me? Because I just posted about it? Time for your medication mate.

And as I clearly need to type everything twice before it permeates your skull: It tells me that they are under and NDA and are using off the record chats to get their requests out.

oldfiver

Oh dear now it will be from shmeeee the claim you are Les Reid - we all know it

I have previously answered this point:

I had an Uncle Les but he was killed on the Hood in 1941
I have never met Les Reid the journalist, nor spoken to him or sent him a birthday card

I am me with my own thoughts and thinking!

Grendel

Heard it from me? Because I just posted about it? Time for your medication mate.

And as I clearly need to type everything twice before it permeates your skull: It tells me that they are under and NDA and are using off the record chats to get their requests out.

“time for your medication” classy

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Not much new news really. Did you ask for a likely timescale on the stadium? They’ve had six years is there anything to indicate the next six will be any different? I swear we were “down to three sites” years ago and now it’s up to six. Any ideas on how it’ll be funded or who will own it? What happened to it last time with the fans forum and everything?

Did you ask about why they won’t request the case is forgotten even if it’s pointless? Did you ask about future legal cases or appeals? Any more details on the indemnity?

Fair play for getting a meeting but seems a bit of a wasted opportunity to just turn up and say “yes yes everything’s lovely aren’t the team doing well” and not actually ask them any questions. Seems just like what many on here slate the Trust for doing with the other actors. Turn up, round of applause, no further forward.
...and what have you done apart from sit behind your keyboard and criticise ?
Bugger all.

shmmeee

The European case is not about the Wasps, it's about the Council and once a complaint is made it will always be actioned. The outcome of the case may have an impact on the lease of the Ricoh and therefore a financial impact for the Wasps. This is what they want to indemnify - any costs the occur as a result of this or any other action will be borne by CCFC. There is no way that anyone could sign that.

Not sure what this has to do with what I posted but OK.

Liquid Gold

Anybody buying the "just ask for it to be forgotten" line is buying into whispers and misinformation. If that's what Wasps want they should come out and say it not leak things for CJ to spread on twitter or Linnell to drop in to the phone in.

oldfiver

Well it seems the answer would be for Mr Richardson & Mrs Seppala to meet and clear the obstacles? Pete / Mark is that on your agenda?

Nick

Administrator

Yes, because only you 3 have mentioned it. Everybody else knows that it cannot be dropped. Pretty obvious?

I am not sure why you try to make out other people are thick, you are the one who seems to only know half a story most of the time. Not surprising with who is telling you the story though is it?

Brighton Sky Blue

Stop chasing a wild goose legal case. Buy some land. Strike a temporary deal for the Ricoh and build a new stadium. You?

They aren’t chasing it

They can’t get a deal without the indemnity’s removal

I want a new ground too but it’s not happening overnight

shepardo01

If the legals and indemnity are part of the NDA why do we know about them? Why were the club able to bring them up when they made a statement but not when asked questions about it? Who even asked for the NDA because it seems like it mostly helps Sisu avoid answering any questions about the legals.
The NDA would be related to information about them. We all know the Indemnity exists - see statement from CCFC. NDA would cover details. I would assume that the NDA regarding the indemnity would be far more favourable to Wasps as it keeps in the dark what their requirements for a deal actually is. The fact that this has been constantly glossed over in the media also suggests this.....
Bigger question would be why Nick Eastwood mentioned "legals" that don't even EXIST to try to spin things against the Club/owners.
Unsurprisingly he wasn't challenged in the media about this.

NortonSkyBlue

THE. ITLL MAKE NO DIFFERENCE IF WE ASK!

Fucks sake mate. I can’t make it any simpler.

Let’s say I tell you I’ll give you a million pounds if you ask Holly Willoughby for a BJ. You refuse because she’s definitely going to say no. Does that make sense? Wouldn’t you ask anyway knowing it won’t happen and you get a million quid? That’s what calling someone’s bluff is.

Jesus. You are so obsessed with the other side in this you’re happy for Sisu to piss on you and tell you it’s raining and then go out and scream at anyone who says it isn’t.
I must say that I am delighted that the meeting took place and even more impressed that this post is the first we knew about it. I get the sense that the meeting represented the views discussed on this forum rather than Pete or Mark's views and that is how it should be.
I enjoy your posts Smmeee and ,even though I know the background, I sense your posts are those of a fan.
At best this meeting opens up a dialogue with our masters and at worst it allows a Trojan horse in to the mix, which I feel your direction would take us.
We have to take the content at face value, even those that are skeptical, we have to hold them to account and my hope is that one day we can say that we can be part of the solution and not be seen as part of the problem.
I had somebody say to me this weekend that if can look back and say that the time in Birmingham got us to where we needed to be, then it would have been worth it. I am not there yet but go on questioning,Smmeee, and holding those that represent us to account. Nothing wrong with that IMO.
Well done guys though.

shmmeee

Anybody buying the "just ask for it to be forgotten" line is buying into whispers and misinformation. If that's what Wasps want they should come out and say it not leak things for CJ to spread on twitter or Linnell to drop in to the phone in.

But they can’t. Because they’re under NDA. And it may be whispers and misinformation but it’s about the only tangible action we’ve heard from any side that anyone can take so why the fuck not? Frankly if I heard a whisper Wasps were waiting for me to bare my arse in Earlsdon High Street before we could come home I’d be outside the co-op before you knew it.

shmmeee

I must say that I am delighted that the meeting took place and even more impressed that this post is the first we knew about it. I get the sense that the meeting represented the views discussed on this forum rather than Pete or Mark's views and that is how it should be.
I enjoy your posts Smmeee and ,even though I know the background, I sense your posts are those of a fan.
At best this meeting opens up a dialogue with our masters and at worst it allows a Trojan horse in to the mix, which I feel your direction would take us.
We have to take the content at face value, even those that are skeptical, we have to hold them to account and my hope is that one day we can say that we can be part of the solution and not be seen as part of the problem.
I had somebody say to me this weekend that if can look back and say that the time in Birmingham got us to where we needed to be, then it would have been worth it. I am not there yet but go on questioning,Smmeee, and holding those that represent us to account. Nothing wrong with that IMO.
Well done guys though.

As soon as anyone on any side holds literally anyone in this sorry mess to account I’ll be the first one leading the ticker tape parade. But this ain’t it.

oldfiver

But they can’t. Because they’re under NDA. And it may be whispers and misinformation but it’s about the only tangible action we’ve heard from any side that anyone can take so why the fuck not? Frankly if I heard a whisper Wasps were waiting for me to bare my arse in Earlsdon High Street before we could come home I’d be outside the co-op before you knew it.

You would get more offers inside Millsys !:eek:

covmark

Right. That’s what I thought. So long story short: Sisu think the case is more important than us being in Cov. Everything else is bollocks frankly. I get that most here would rather the club is outside Cov permanently than CCC possibly get away with something as yet unproven. I disagree but each to their own.
Fucking hell mate

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator

You are the one obsessing over something said by Linnell. The week before he said it didn't exist.

Grendel

The fucking irony.

The fact is Pete and Mark have spoken to the clubs owners - something the ding bats at the trust haven’t as all they’ve done is suck up to wasps and the council - I’m sure your family and friends aren’t happy but perhaps they need to have a look where it all really started going wrong

Brighton Sky Blue

Knew it was you

Liquid Gold

They're briefing for the club to do something that would make fuck all difference as a way of moving the pressure back and people are falling for it hook line and sinker. Drop the fucking indemnity is the tangible action that can be taken, not ask your mates uncle Dave if he can pop to Brussels with a card that says I'm sorry.

mr_monkey

To make it more relatable to the issue, would you do it if wasps said that in the future it could make you bankrupt if the EU decision goes against the council? That's what the issue is mate, if the eu decision goes against the council wasps expect the football club to pay out any money that wasps are found to owe, which would probably bankrupt the football club

shmmeee

The fact is Pete and Mark have spoken to the clubs owners - something the ding bats at the trust haven’t as all they’ve done is suck up to wasps and the council - I’m sure your family and friends aren’t happy but perhaps they need to have a look where it all really started going wrong

Here we go.

usskyblue

You only read what you want. You literally quoted a post of mine where I say I agree that the trust are biased. I posted the same in at least two other posts and yet you manage to come out with “you’re just angry it makes the trust look biased”. At times you are so dense I’m amazed you don’t collapse in on yourself.

And a link? Really? We’ve heard it from CJ. We’ve heard it from Linnell. That’s the unofficial PR line coming back on the legals that they can’t talk about publicly because of the NDA remember. You really are grasping.

I suspect they won’t do it because they think it will do something. Just like I suspect they won’t commit to either a ground or stopping future legals. Just like I suspect we are out of Cov or at best in a shit Ricoh deal for many years to come.

I’m not sure what your deal is but you’re coming across as totally out of control.

We have opened dialogue and had an initial conversation with Wasps and SISU. Because of the civil and balanced approach it’s reasonable to assume further opportunities will arise to ask questions regarding any and all aspects of the current situation and any future developments.

There were no applause and no waving of spears. It’s a good basis for mutual respect and becoming a voice in the proceedings, both fair and harsh when required.

Forget the Trust for a minute. This is nothing but positive.

shmmeee

They're briefing for the club to do something that would make fuck all difference as a way of moving the pressure back and people are falling for it hook line and sinker. Drop the fucking indemnity is the tangible action that can be taken, not ask your mates uncle Dave if he can pop to Brussels with a card that says I'm sorry.

Then call the Fucking bluff. Unless of course you are t quite as convinced it’ll do nothing as you’re making out.

Nick

Administrator
Im obsessing because it’s the only thing we’ve heard anyone can do.

No, we have heard Linnell say it. Again, the week before he said it didn't even exist.

Also, somebody in the local media has told Pete that the club had an issue with it being discussed. Tenner says it was him also.

The action can't be dropped. What makes you, CJ and Linnell think otherwise?

Users who are viewing this thread