Meet Wasps Tonight And Ask Your Questions (1 Viewer)

ashbyjan

Mr (Nick) Eastwood is the guest speaker at the Trust Open meeting on Monday night at the Squirrel - 7.30pm 1st December, Squirrel Pub, Greyfriars Lane Coventry CV1 2GY. Come along and listen to what he has to say, ask him whatever questions you may personally have about their plans for the Ricoh and their future with CCFC - get from behind your keyboard and come out for the night, have a drink and meet other Sky Blue fans and air your concerns to the man himself. Non members can join on the night (£1). Last months meeting with Steve Pressley was well attended (around 100) and there should be a good turnout on Monday as well.

If you cannot make the meeting either put your questions on this thread or PM them to me - I will ensure they are read out and will put answers on here

covmark

How long are they going to hide behind commercial confidentiality? When are we going to learn the details of the deal?

How are CCFC going to benefit from having Wasps at the Ricoh?

Are they going to do away with the overpriced, weak piss beer that they currently serve at the ground?

Voice_of_Reason

How do they intend to ensure CCFC remain permanently at the Ricoh instead of CCFC building a new stadium ?

Do Wasps have any plans to purchase CCFC ?

MichaelCCFC

Thanks, Jan. Questions from a thread on here yesterday:

Me - Will wasps benefit CCFC and if so, please give concrete examples of things wasps have already done, or will do shortly, for the benefit of ccfc?

Markcov - Have Otium suggested anything Wasps could do for the benefit of CCFC?

NorthernWisdom - I really would like to know if Wasps will continue to hide behind 'commercial confidentiality' whenever asked about this deal, and if they can understand that, having had years of opaque financial dealings from our current owners, such an approach does little to reassure. Will they be prepared to share details of the deal to buy ACL and, if not, why not?

NorthernWisdom - Would they also agree that moving a club many miles compromises sporting integrity?

dongonzalos

Mr (Nick) Eastwood is the guest speaker at the Trust Open meeting on Monday night at the Squirrel - 7.30pm 1st December, Squirrel Pub, Greyfriars Lane Coventry CV1 2GY. Come along and listen to what he has to say, ask him whatever questions you may personally have about their plans for the Ricoh and their future with CCFC - get from behind your keyboard and come out for the night, have a drink and meet other Sky Blue fans and air your concerns to the man himself. Non members can join on the night (£1). Last months meeting with Steve Pressley was well attended (around 100) and there should be a good turnout on Monday as well.

If you cannot make the meeting either put your questions on this thread or PM them to me - I will ensure they are read out and will put answers on here

Thanks Jan

dongonzalos

Would Derek Richardson consider investing in the football club (in whatever form). If it ensured the football clubs future at the Ricoh.

Last edited:

stupot07

Can you ask how important it is for a sports club to 'own' (or leasehold) their own stadium to access all matchday and additional revenues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

Would Derek Richardson consider investing in the football club (in whatever form). If it ensured the football clubs future at the Ricoh.

And if he says yes

How would richardson fund and invest in the club when wasps have told fans that his money has run out? Or did they lie to the wasps fans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

pw362

Free entry for coventry rugby club season ticket holders until the end of this season

stupot07

How long does he expect it to take for wasps to breakeven at the Ricoh? [We know ACL isn't that profitable, and wasps are making big losses, so will require a lot of restructuring]

stupot07

Would wasps have veto'd if Higgs had accepted ccfc's bid?

Raggs

And if he says yes

How would richardson fund and invest in the club when wasps have told fans that his money has run out? Or did they lie to the wasps fans?

It was stated that there'd upto 4 years of sustaining 3-4 million losses before the money ran out, not that it had already run out. I also believe that it was stated they expect 3-4 seasons before the Ricoh was breaking even/profitable.

Pw362 - Don't you think that would be viewed by CRFC as a direct attempt to poach CRFC supporters? Probably wouldn't be welcome.

Moff

Will you ask them what their break even gate is? and what attendance levels they will need to achieve over say the next five years based on their business plan?

Failing that can you ask them if they will piss off and take SISU, PWKH, Ann Lucas, Elliot, Preston Haskell, Byng and all the other pricks that have ruined our club and made it a laughing stock, with them?
(Add any other names you feel necessary)

Last edited:

stupot07

It was stated that there'd upto 4 years of sustaining 3-4 million losses before the money ran out, not that it had already run out. I also believe that it was stated they expect 3-4 seasons before the Ricoh was breaking even/profitable.

Pw362 - Don't you think that would be viewed by CRFC as a direct attempt to poach CRFC supporters? Probably wouldn't be welcome.

That funding wouldn't even enable us to tread water in the championship. They've made a big deal of move or bust.

stupot07

Could you ask mr Eastwood if he and wasps would kindly bugger off back to london, and take sisu with them.

Godiva

Can you ask how important it is for a sports club to 'own' (or leasehold) their own stadium to access all matchday and additional revenues?

Please add to that question:
How much does Wasps estimate non-match day revenue and profit to be at the Ricoh?

stupot07

Could you ask him why they said they had to come to Coventry as there were no other options, yet they could have purchased Upton park?

stupot07

Have they really budgeted on 20k fans?

stupot07

They say there is no immediate plans to change seating colours......does he expect them still to be sky blue with ccfc branding in 5-10 years time?

pw362

Just asking because a couple of lads I work with are CRFC supporters and have already said that they would be interested in going to Wasps games as well.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Can you ask him if he believes there is any place for heritage, tradition and loyalty in modern sport or is it all about the money?

stupot07

Do they feel any guilt of stealing ccfc stadium?

Nick

Administrator
There is a question, ask who intheknow is, and if they are actually in the know.

stupot07

Just asking because a couple of lads I work with are CRFC supporters and have already said that they would be interested in going to Wasps games as well.

This is how it starts....

stupot07

Do they have any plans to change their name to Coventry wasps in the medium to long term?

Raggs

It's been suggested to try and create a joint season ticket, no idea if it's a possibility, but with fixtures on different days it could benefit both sides.

Stu - Why does it matter if the 3-4 million wouldn't support CCFC in the championship? The money running out was about Wasps, not CCFC.

stupot07

Once initial interest and free tickets have died down, what attendances are they expecting for an average game?

stupot07

It's been suggested to try and create a joint season ticket, no idea if it's a possibility, but with fixtures on different days it could benefit both sides.

Stu - Why does it matter if the 3-4 million wouldn't support CCFC in the championship? The money running out was about Wasps, not CCFC.

Because a few on here think that wasps will buy CCFC and invest to get them in the PL.

torchomatic

CCFC say they are going to pursue their own stadium. What can you do to persuade CCFC to stay at the Ricoh. After all, it is mutually beneficial to both parties if they stay.

Raggs

Because a few on here think that wasps will buy CCFC and invest to get them in the PL.

So that's rather different than the original post stating that Wasps had suggested the money had already run out, and were lying to the fans, when they never stated that at all.

torchomatic

Don't expect the Trust to do any boat rocking.

Can you ask him if he believes there is any place for heritage, tradition and loyalty in modern sport or is it all about the money?

stupot07

So that's rather different than the original post stating that Wasps had suggested the money had already run out, and were lying to the fans, when they never stated that at all.

Not really, it's a follow on question from don's. Wouldn't you like to know if you have been lied to? It's more of a Jeremy Paxman line of enquiry.

Is DR interested in buying ccfc? Yes
You said you had no more money, how will you fund it? Er er er
Did you in fact lie/mislead wasps fans into moving to Coventry?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread