Meet Wasps Tonight And Ask Your Questions (1 Viewer)

Grendel

But as you also know turnover is different to profit. The company that I work for looks for profit to be at least 30% of turnover on what we make. The product I presently am involved in has a target of 35% of turnover. I am changing jobs soon. That product has a target of 20%. But then you have the costs of all of the non value added expenses. These costs reduce the profitability of the money making sections.

I didn't realise there was that much profit margin difference between Big Macs and The Big Whopper.

Astute

I didn't realise there was that much profit margin difference between Big Macs and The Big Whopper.

The funniest thing you have come out with since you let us know that you nearly earn as much as the Prime Minister :laugh:

Nick

Administrator
But as you also know turnover is different to profit. The company that I work for looks for profit to be at least 30% of turnover on what we make. The product I presently am involved in has a target of 35% of turnover. I am changing jobs soon. That product has a target of 20%. But then you have the costs of all of the non value added expenses. These costs reduce the profitability of the money making sections.

So if profits were down and they were screwed they wouldn't be going "from strength to strength" would they?

Astute

So if profits were down and they were screwed they wouldn't be going "from strength to strength" would they?

What are you trying to get me to say?

I said profits were down as the place was built to play football in. And I am not going to argue with you over profits when we don't have much of a clue about them. Bigger turnover doesn't mean bigger profit. But it doesn't mean smaller profit either. You can go find yourself another victim to argue with :)

Grendel

What are you trying to get me to say?

I said profits were down as the place was built to play football in. And I am not going to argue with you over profits when we don't have much of a clue about them. Bigger turnover doesn't mean bigger profit. But it doesn't mean smaller profit either. You can go find yourself another victim to argue with :)

It was breaking even not making a profit

Grendel

And how do you know that? There is more chance of it making a profit or a loss than breaking even.

The term washing its face means revenue and costs are within very small margins neutral

Astute

Like you say Nick........IF. Still wanting to debate what we don't know about as if it is the truth.

Astute

The term washing its face means revenue and costs are within very small margins neutral

So you are saying that you know that it wasn't making a loss then Grendel?

wingy

It was breaking even not making a profit

Pretty much all It's ever done TBF.

Having sold a quarter of It's margin to Compass won't have helped In the last two years ,especially as Compass most likely benefitted most from not

Incurring Matchday costs .

The biggest driver for getting out and to who they have , has to be the loss and potential loss of FREE money In the form of Rent and

Naming Rights ,none existent without a Ball of some sort pinging around on the Green bit.

Last edited:

Grendel

So you are saying that you know that it wasn't making a loss then Grendel?

I am merely quoting words from The Great Leader

Users who are viewing this thread