Meet Wasps Tonight And Ask Your Questions (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Well, it would be obvious which you'd prefer.

Both taste similar - I think Malta is a bit sharper though....

henry the wasp

Nickster (mr eastwood), old buddy old boy. Have you had any meetings with Gary Hoffman, Ray Ranson or Teflon Joe in the last 6 months?

RegTheDonk

Maybe I'm just pessimistic but I get a gut feeling it'll be a case of telling us what we want to hear to keep us sweet with nothing concrete for us to bring up at a later date. Different faces same old stories.

Ian1779

How long will it be until they reveal that the financial backers of Wasps are a little know hedge fund from the Cayman Islands ;)

Also - when they do this... how far are they planning on stand back from the fall out?

oldfiver

break even crowd numbers are such a massive over simplification as to be completely meaningless. You've got some tickets at £35, some as low as £15, then you've got free tickets (alot of them perhaps this year) and concession tickets and food/beverage and other merchandising. Then it also depends on how ACL are doing, how many conferences, concerts and exhibitions they bring in, it depends on how ccfc are doing as this is bringing footfall to the arena. Then what is breaking even? investing in the arena/pitch/surrounding area costs money but increases their value if you pay 500k of the loan, invest a mill in the arena and lose 700k is probably been a decent year, losing 2 mill might be a decent year if crowds are trending up and things are going the way they had hoped in their plan. Or a 2mill loss may be a disaster. It's all way to complicated to give a number of fans attending for break even

Well ... they have issued a fund raising prospectus so they must have some sums. Also CCC would be very lax if they completed this deal without some financial information to show how they will turn ACL into a profit making facilty that can afford to pay loan and interest

oldfiver

How long will it be until they reveal that the financial backers of Wasps are a little know hedge fund from the Cayman Islands ;)

Also - when they do this... how far are they planning on stand back from the fall out?

Which Company has acquired the Shares and has the lease stayed in the same company

What is that Company's financial relationship with WASPS RFC

What guarantees have they given if the income from the stadium do not cover the loans/interest

Were there add ons to the agreement over the Stadium

NorthernWisdom

Did the Wasps owner ever make an approach to buy Coventry Rugby club? If he did, what was the result of that conversation and, if not, why did he prefer the option of relocating Wasps rather than making an offer for CRFC?

Nick

Administrator
How long was Ann Lucas smiling for when sat near the Rugby fellas at the press conference? :)

Noggin

Well ... they have issued a fund raising prospectus so they must have some sums. Also CCC would be very lax if they completed this deal without some financial information to show how they will turn ACL into a profit making facilty that can afford to pay loan and interest

I'm sure they do have a financial plan, I'm not sure how that changes the fact that a break even attendance figure doesn't exist it's too much of an over simplification of a complex topic to be a meaningful number, so asking for one would just be a waste of a question.

Noggin

Did the Wasps owner ever make an approach to buy Coventry Rugby club? If he did, what was the result of that conversation and, if not, why did he prefer the option of relocating Wasps rather than making an offer for CRFC?

why would they want to buy crfc? they already had a team with no stadium, what good would buying another team have done for their situation?

wingy

Wouldn't the Naming rights alone pay down the loan??

Last edited:

Noggin

Call me old fashioned, but if my dream was owning a side that played Rugby in Coventry, I'd have approached the side in Coventry first...

but that wasn't the dream was it, they owned a premiership rugby club that had no stadium and set out to fix that. Weather or not their solution was a good idea I have no clue nore do I care, but one things for sure buying another rugby club was a much worse one.

SkyBlue_Bear83

why would they want to buy crfc? they already had a team with no stadium, what good would buying another team have done for their situation?

I think he means before the owner was involved in Wasps?

Derek Richardson only took over Wasps in April 2013 and presumably he's been working on the Ricoh takeover ever since. So instead of taking over Wasps, he could have taken over a rugby team already in the city and attempted to move them to the Ricoh.

Noggin

I think he means before the owner was involved in Wasps?

Derek Richardson only took over Wasps in April 2013 and presumably he's been working on the Ricoh takeover ever since. So instead of taking over Wasps, he could have taken over a rugby team already in the city and attempted to move them to the Ricoh.

fair enough if thats what he means its a very different question, presumably buying something with major potential that has a major issue that needs fixing is a much easier way of making money than buying something that is small and building it up.

I think we'd have had alot of people wanting to buy us last season had sisu sold as our value was in the toilet and it would have been very easy to turn things around and dramatically increase our value, of course alot of that hope is now gone with us having no hope of getting the ricoh due to sisus actions.

italiahorse

Probably something to do with needing a stadium over 15,000 for their European games.

italiahorse

Call me old fashioned, but if my dream was owning a side that played Rugby in Coventry, I'd have approached the side in Coventry first...

... similar to Coventry Rugby team trying to buy a Premier Rugby team Bedford and moving them to Coventry.
Including running both teams in Coventry with Bedford being renamed to Coventry Blues.
Didn't see a problem doing it then so why won't it work now?

italiahorse

I did!

As it happened, so did the RFU...

But CovRFC didn't. With both teams here one can work with the other, effectively a feeder.
Just trying to be positive on the situation rather than continually hope all sides fail as that's not a plan I want to follow.

Brighton Sky Blue

But CovRFC didn't. With both teams here one can work with the other, effectively a feeder.
Just trying to be positive on the situation rather than continually hope all sides fail as that's not a plan I want to follow.

I don't want Cov to be a feeder club for anyone.

The Gentleman

I wonder how many posters on this thread (I know not all live either in or near Coventry) will be sitting there tonight posting endless shite about Wasps when they could of got up off their lazy arses to actually go to the meeting and ask the questions they raised them fucking selves. All the crap that is getting laid at Wasps door and this is mostly from the splinter arsed balanced ones who never threw shit at Sisu because everyone else did. Now though, certain posters are all to willing to put the fucking boot it to a rugby club who have relocated a team but weren't so vocal when Sisu fucking did it. Where were these fans when people were constantly slating Sisu, I'll tell you, some were fucking sat at Sixfields but now all of a sudden they are up in arms about a game that doesn't even concern CCFC and how they will never set foot in the Ricoh at a Wasps game. Some say they will start watching CRFC but would there be a chance when the two could meet, what would people do then. Would we get the hypocrites chants from certain sections.

I love the way people want Wasps to do badly and go out of business but yet I've never heard that from some of the same people about Sisu and their businesses. All this has done is allow some to switch their anger from ACL/CCC to Wasps, when the real wankers in this whole charade are still Sisu. Bet Sisu are loving the fact that whilst this all goes on and people are up in arms about it, no-one is actually asking them what their plans are, why they didn't move sooner on the Ricoh, where is this new stadium because they actually fucking own us and not Wasps.

I couldn't care a fuck whether Wasps do well or not but I'm not bitter enough to want to watch professional sportsman fail just because the owners of our club were to inept at actually buying into something that turned out to be pretty easy.

But hey-ho, I'll look forward to reading endless pages of shite about Wasps tonight and how they plan to fuck us over the first chance they get when in actual fact the same people are fucking clueless and don't know, the same as everyone else. But they will still sit There posting about it rather than actually going to the meeting tonight to try and find out themselves.

Kingokings204

I wonder how many posters on this thread (I know not all live either in or near Coventry) will be sitting there tonight posting endless shite about Wasps when they could of got up off their lazy arses to actually go to the meeting and ask the questions they raised them fucking selves. All the crap that is getting laid at Wasps door and this is mostly from the splinter arsed balanced ones who never threw shit at Sisu because everyone else did. Now though, certain posters are all to willing to put the fucking boot it to a rugby club who have relocated a team but weren't so vocal when Sisu fucking did it. Where were these fans when people were constantly slating Sisu, I'll tell you, some were fucking sat at Sixfields but now all of a sudden they are up in arms about a game that doesn't even concern CCFC and how they will never set foot in the Ricoh at a Wasps game. Some say they will start watching CRFC but would there be a chance when the two could meet, what would people do then. Would we get the hypocrites chants from certain sections.

I love the way people want Wasps to do badly and go out of business but yet I've never heard that from some of the same people about Sisu and their businesses. All this has done is allow some to switch their anger from ACL/CCC to Wasps, when the real wankers in this whole charade are still Sisu. Bet Sisu are loving the fact that whilst this all goes on and people are up in arms about it, no-one is actually asking them what their plans are, why they didn't move sooner on the Ricoh, where is this new stadium because they actually fucking own us and not Wasps.

I couldn't care a fuck whether Wasps do well or not but I'm not bitter enough to want to watch professional sportsman fail just because the owners of our club were to inept at actually buying into something that turned out to be pretty easy.

But hey-ho, I'll look forward to reading endless pages of shite about Wasps tonight and how they plan to fuck us over the first chance they get when in actual fact the same people are fucking clueless and don't know, the same as everyone else. But they will still sit There posting about it rather than actually going to the meeting tonight to try and find out themselves.

Great post. In my top 3 this.

AFCCOVENTRY

I think this question would be really interesting and one that might answer questions we can't get from Sisu.

Please could you ask Mr Eastwood, how can Wasps help achieve Sisu's ambition for CCFC to have all year round access to revenues from the Ricoh if they stay on a long term rental basis. Aka the 365 days a year revenue which gives 60p in a £1 to Pressley's team.

Cheers.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think this question would be really interesting and one that might answer questions we can't get from Sisu.

Please could you ask Mr Eastwood, how can Wasps help achieve Sisu's ambition for CCFC to have all year round access to revenues from the Ricoh if they stay on a long term rental basis. Aka the 365 days a year revenue which gives 60p in a £1 to Pressley's team.

Cheers.

the 60p in a pound really isn't as important as the club make out unless there goal is to be a stable league 1 club as it's completely different rules in the championship, so either the 60p in £1 argument is a misdirection of the other real issue or the club are lying when they say they aim/want to get promoted.

Noggin

I'm not religious, but A...Fucking....men!

Users who are viewing this thread