Mean while back in court (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Why do people always bring up match day costs you pay them whether you own lease or rent a stadium so they are irrelevant

Matchday costs is a bit of a misleading term I guess. Point I was making is there's things that were included when we paid £1.2m that have now moved to matchday costs and are paid on top of the rent.

Grendel

West Ham will be paying
2m to £2.5m rent annually as part of a 99-year lease.

West ham effectively get it for free and the local community are seriously pissed off.

dongonzalos

The West Ham deal isn't particularly straightforward as they pay out but then get things you would normally expect them to be paying for like stewards, ticketing, undersoil heating and all sorts of random things.

The crucial thing for them will be to avoid relegation. If they go down they may well end up in a mess.

I completely agree.

However it's stil the rent they have agreed to Pay in the prem.
If they go down and don't come back up before the parachute payments end. They will be in the poo. Not just over the rent though. That will be unaffordable as well.

Rodders1

It would all be over a damn sight quicker if it was. I can just imagine it........,,,,

You bought the club including a contract to pay £1.3 million rent a year?

Yes.

Your plan was quick promotion, sell for a profit short term, so the rent cost wasn't important to you?

Yes

You badly invested the money and ran the club poorly, Plan A didn't work and in fact you got relegated?

Yes

The rent then become a big issue you were renting a premiership standard stadium whilst in the third division?

Yes

You stopped paying the rent and turned down a few offers around the 200-400k mark. Then broke the contract by moving to Northampton

Yes

We're you doing all this hoping the business running the stadium would go under or you devalue it so you get it a lot cheaper?

Well it's more complicated than that

Let me me rephrase the question did a high court judge rule that that is what you did

Yes

You succeeded in lowering the value but then the charity and council sold the business to someone else

Yes

Now you are saying that they can't do that and you want to claim compensation for all this

Yes

Haha - sums it up very well I think!

Brylowes

But think of what we are actually getting. For a start its £200K plus matchday costs which equates to around £450K. The details of F&B haven't been released. Is it a % of revenue or profit? Is it a % of everything or a % of what ACL recieves from IEC?

All we get is the ground for a few hours on matchday. We're even paying for things like parking spaces for the media! We no longer have our offices or club shop there so they are additional costs to add on to the rent when comparing.

It could be a good deal, irrespective of how it compares to others, it could be a bad deal. We won't know that until we see credible business plans worked up for various scenarios.
About those plans,someone better wake Tim from his slumber.
Also: if you don't own something,but you want to use it,then you have to rent it.
If we pay someone £200.000 rent why would they then pay match day costs for us

chiefdave

If we pay someone £200.000 rent why would they then pay match day costs for us

Think you're missing my point. What I'm saying is you can't simply say the rent has gone from £1.2m to £200K as you're not comparing like with like. What we got for £1.2m is nothing like what we are getting for £200K so its not a case of simply saying the rent has been reduced.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Think you're missing my point. What I'm saying is you can't simply say the rent has gone from £1.2m to £200K as you're not comparing like with like. What we got for £1.2m is nothing like what we are getting for £200K so its not a case of simply saying the rent has been reduced.

I hope you're not saying we were better off paying 1.2 million

Captain Dart

Reference your first point.....
I think the Judges read it over their prawn sandwiches and glass of Red.

They seem to be alcohol tolerant then, capable of correcting the a (possibly ahem) drunk QC.
Sisu legal team says the club was relegated from the Premier League in 2002. The judges clarify it was actually 2001.

We were paying £1.2m for which we got use of the ground on matchdays, offices and the club shop & ticket office. We recieved no revenues generated by our being at the ground or any benefit from any other events held there.

Yes it was an utterly crap deal, no one can deny it.

Grendel

They will still have to pay £2-2.5 million for it, but they are getting an amazing facility and lots thrown in.
The tax payer is pissed off.

So they are not paying it at all - but let's try and create an illusion it is a bad deal

Calista

Yes it was an utterly crap deal, no one can deny it.

… and the crap deal was a natural consequence of the Council and the Higgs having to sustain a load of debt to keep the stadium project afloat. The way for CCFC to get out of paying so much rent and to get us back some control over the Ricoh was to cough up the (again inevitably high) formula price to buy back the Higgs share. This was all known to SISU when they took over the club, and I assumed they’d budgeted to get the half share on the agreed terms. But (to my dismay) Ranson put it on the back burner and we never took that step. Later SISU got into deeper and deeper shit, and tried to knock down the rent and the purchase price. But unfortunately they approached it in a way that totally alienated the Local Authority and the Charity, thus sealing our fate.

Happy to be corrected if I’ve got the history wrong, it’s all such a depressing blur.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
SISU QC making a few points about the ACL financials . I assume he is referring to the business plans at the time of the loan January 2013. Saying turnover was suffering and savings could not be made. So no commentary but what was in the ACL accounts that resulted from what was going on. CCFC ceased paying rent April 2012 and left the arena July 2013

Year end 31/05

Turnover
2012 7.78m
2013 14.49m
2014 12.12m

Wages
2012 1.43m
2013 0.96m ( Budget said £1m per the QC)
2014 0.70m ( Budget said £880k per the QC)

Gross profit
2012 7.34m
2013 11.24m
2014 8.56m

Admin expenses
2012 5.26m
2013 10.19m
2014 8.31m

Interest payable
2012 0.995m
2013 0.817m
2014 0.708m

Net Profit
2012 1.086m
2013 0.775m (budget 362k )
2014 (0.392m) (budget 868k)

make your own minds up if turnover could increase without CCFC and whether ACL could make cost savings.

I think however by 2014 the burden of the dispute was putting a lot of strain on the ACL cash flow ......

Last edited:

stupot07

I have bigged up anything, the club were offered a sliding scale rent and rejected it as they believed they were coming straight back up. So why sign to something that will cost more.
SISU should have renegotiated the rent when they bought the club as a fail safe in case their plan A failed and they didn't.
You would have to assume the rent if promotrd was more than 1.3 as that's the point of a sliding scale.

I suppose my point is, you're quoting the sliding scale rent offer as something that would have solved all of our problems. It wouldn't have because £1.3m was far too high in the championship and we don't know how much it would have been in league one and two. For all we know it could have still been unaffordable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

gally9

Ive read all the telegraph has to say on it.. i cant understand a bloody thing thats going on.. got to be honest!

dadgad

Perfect summing up. Can we get back to football, thanks.
It would all be over a damn sight quicker if it was. I can just imagine it........,,,,

You bought the club including a contract to pay £1.3 million rent a year?

Yes.

Your plan was quick promotion, sell for a profit short term, so the rent cost wasn't important to you?

Yes

You badly invested the money and ran the club poorly, Plan A didn't work and in fact you got relegated?

Yes

The rent then become a big issue you were renting a premiership standard stadium whilst in the third division?

Yes

You stopped paying the rent and turned down a few offers around the 200-400k mark. Then broke the contract by moving to Northampton

Yes

We're you doing all this hoping the business running the stadium would go under or you devalue it so you get it a lot cheaper?

Well it's more complicated than that

Let me me rephrase the question did a high court judge rule that that is what you did

Yes

You succeeded in lowering the value but then the charity and council sold the business to someone else

Yes

Now you are saying that they can't do that and you want to claim compensation for all this

Yes

Grendel

Perfect summing up. Can we get back to football, thanks.

The perfect summing up I agree - from a council whore who has zero interest in the football club.

We have to see that other parasite GPE soon.

chiefdave

Acl encouraged the rent strike?

Seems what SISU are claiming is that it was a rent holiday that ACL were happy with as it would drive down the value which they wanted to do in order to get the loan off Yorkshire Bank cheap.

There was a few points today where the SISU chap was talking about how the language from the council suddenly changed, this was one of his example. According to him it was a sudden switch from rent holiday to rent strike. Think that's something they need to get to the bottom of as they are two very different things.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

The perfect summing up I agree - from a council whore who has zero interest in the football club.

We have to see that other parasite GPE soon.

You hate the place so surely you're pleased that it was sold to someone else. Or was the stuff you were saying about it all lies to devalue it? Yes that's probably it after all you and our owners are cut from the same cloth.

Nick

Administrator
Seems what SISU are claiming is that it was a rent holiday that ACL were happy with as it would drive down the value which they wanted to do in order to get the loan off Yorkshire Bank cheap.

There was a few points today where the SISU chap was talking about how the language from the council suddenly changed, this was one of his example. According to him it was a sudden switch from rent holiday to rent strike. Think that's something they need to get to the bottom of as they are two very different things.
From the bit I just saw, the council lawyer replied the reason isn't relevant rather than calling bullshit?

chiefdave

From the bit I just saw, the council lawyer replied the reason isn't relevant rather than calling bullshit?

Think its a fairly key point. A rent holiday would be agreed by both sides. Puts the clubs action in a very different light.

It also ties in to the loan. CCC can't claim they had to bail ACL out to protect their investment as SISU were refusing to pay rent if it was an agreed course of action.

And of course it would put some doubt on the claim CCC had to sell to Wasps at a low price as SISU had forced the price down.

Be interesting to see if the judge pushes CCC for their view on this. Would be very interested to know what actually happened there.

J

Jack Griffin

Are they admitting to a criminal conspiracy and trying to blame another party for it? Highly ethical that!

Users who are viewing this thread