Mean while back in court (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
How unusual to have new users appear when we're in court :facepalm:

Yep, and kicking off as well because their post gets moved into the appropriate thread. Anybody would think they are just trying to stir up trouble a bit.

italiahorse

Yes, as in the football club. I'm sure there's technicalilites of exactly which branch of SISU is doing certain things but I find most of the time there's little point making the distinction between them and as they are our owners and dealing with matters relating to the stadium we play in it all comes under the umbrella of CCFC.

I don't want my football club involved in this.
Or financing it, directly or indirectly.

Yep, and kicking off as well because their post gets moved into the appropriate thread. Anybody would think they are just trying to stir up trouble a bit.

Nick , your like a child who takes his ball home . anything that does nt agree with you , You "deal with " Like a mardy child , and then send abusive messages about My family !

Nick

Administrator
Nick , your like a child who takes his ball home . anything that does nt agree with you , You "deal with " Like a mardy child , and then send abusive messages about My family !

I don't appreciate people threatening me or other users on here. Added to the fact when you got a bit of stick back you couldn't take it.

You didn't get an abusive message about your family, it was a post including a comment about mum or wife after you had been giving me abuse..... I can't remember the exact one, I know I apologised to you that it probably read harsher than it was intended and removed it. You also sent me a threatening PM...

kapowaz

I’ve been ignoring the court case for so long I’d forgotten what it was all about. Just reading the CT article about it there I have to wonder if there’s not a chance SISU might actually win. If they do what’s the likely impact for the footballing side of the business. Is there any chance this might result in a bigger wages budget for next season (assuming we’re still in League One)? Or will SISU just take this money out of the pot for their hedge fund malarkey?

dongonzalos

I’ve been ignoring the court case for so long I’d forgotten what it was all about. Just reading the CT article about it there I have to wonder if there’s not a chance SISU might actually win. If they do what’s the likely impact for the footballing side of the business. Is there any chance this might result in a bigger wages budget for next season (assuming we’re still in League One)? Or will SISU just take this money out of the pot for their hedge fund malarkey?

I get the impression it is all getting separated.
I think any compensation would go to SISU's investors, trying to get their money back.
As it should really.

Nick

Administrator
Seems a bit boring so far :( Since I watched Making a Murderer court isn't the same.

Nick

Administrator
Now onto talk of rent levels at the time of the fall out between the club and ACL.Sisu QC says the great majority of clubs were paying substantially less than the £1.3m annual rent CCFC were paying at the time - and nobody else was paying more than half a million.
Coventry City FC was paying more than three times the level of rent of the next club in League One.
He adds: “Ms Seppala said this can’t go on.”
Justice Treacy: “It’s presumably a much bigger ground?”
Sisu QC: “An empty ground costs more. When you’re in League One crowds drop.”

Surely the lawyer should have compared it to rent in the leagues above? I am pretty sure Championship and maybe a couple of Prem teams pay less than £1.3 million per year for matchday only rent.

Doesn't really work the same when you compare it to Yeovil or Cralwy somebody like that who was in L1 then..

No expert, but the judge seems to be picking him apart.

dongonzalos

Surely the lawyer should have compared it to rent in the leagues above? I am pretty sure Championship and maybe a couple of Prem teams pay less than £1.3 million per year for matchday only rent.

Doesn't really work the same when you compare it to Yeovil or Cralwy somebody like that who was in L1 then..

No expert, but the judge seems to be picking him apart.

Maybe you should be there representing SISU Nick?
It doesn't sound like he is doing a good enough job for you?

Nick

Administrator
Maybe you should be there representing SISU Nick?
It doesn't sound like he is doing a good enough job for you? 

That's what I mean, since I watched Making a Murderer and reading stuff on here I am an expert. :) I am just waiting for some tampered evidence to be revealed or something.

I don't think the wigs would suit me.

Captain Dart

So an empty ground costs more?
When you're in league 1 crowds drop and whose fault was it that we ended up in league 1?

Booo hooo, we bought a Football club, no one told us it costs money to run!

Nick

Administrator
Anybody want to get a group buy on these?

9780764558306.jpg

kapowaz

I always felt the rent agreement was naïve - it should have been written to scale down in the event of relegation. So yeah... basically what BHSB said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dongonzalos

I thought it might be on ITV for a minute.

Apparently Judge Rinder isn't doing our case

It would all be over a damn sight quicker if it was. I can just imagine it........,,,,

You bought the club including a contract to pay £1.3 million rent a year?

Yes.

Your plan was quick promotion, sell for a profit short term, so the rent cost wasn't important to you?

Yes

You badly invested the money and ran the club poorly, Plan A didn't work and in fact you got relegated?

Yes

The rent then become a big issue you were renting a premiership standard stadium whilst in the third division?

Yes

You stopped paying the rent and turned down a few offers around the 200-400k mark. Then broke the contract by moving to Northampton

Yes

We're you doing all this hoping the business running the stadium would go under or you devalue it so you get it a lot cheaper?

Well it's more complicated than that

Let me me rephrase the question did a high court judge rule that that is what you did

Yes

You succeeded in lowering the value but then the charity and council sold the business to someone else

Yes

Now you are saying that they can't do that and you want to claim compensation for all this

Yes

shmmeee

If you’re paying the same rent and your crowd drops, so it’s costing you more. Pretty self explanatory, I thought?

No, it costs the same, but it makes you less money. Our rent doesn't go up as attendances go down.

Nick

Administrator
I always felt the rent agreement was naïve - it should have been written to scale down in the event of relegation. So yeah... basically what BHSB said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong, it was way too expensive.

dongonzalos

That's what I mean, since I watched Making a Murderer and reading stuff on here I am an expert. :) I am just waiting for some tampered evidence to be revealed or something.

I don't think the wigs would suit me.

I am working my way through it. Very good series so far....

kapowaz

Don't get me wrong, it was way too expensive.

I see others in this thread talking about how it compares badly to other Championship and some Premier League grounds — any examples spring to mind (I’ve literally no idea how much they’d typically rent for, in fact I always thought most clubs owned their grounds)?

dongonzalos

The club were offered s sliding scale rent but said no. It would go up if they were promoted. That's where they believed they were heading. They asked for fixed.

Nick

Administrator
I see others in this thread talking about how it compares badly to other Championship and some Premier League grounds — any examples spring to mind (I’ve literally no idea how much they’d typically rent for, in fact I always thought most clubs owned their grounds)?

There are quite a few threads about it with examples. You could probably dig them up and post on them to help get your signature noticed ;)

Users who are viewing this thread