MCSHEFF: My future is here (1 Viewer)

Astute

but we expect in a relegation battle to show fight just bristol city did

on april 6th we were out the bottom 3 and all on here said wed stay up because we had a easier run in

bristol city showed how it was done we didnt

They sure did. 2 games in 48 hours. they rested 6 players. Silly AT played knackered players that played with injuries. He put players on the bench with injuries. Even now we can't put a team together. Shafted by SISU.

torchomatic

I think more accurately "Bristol City's sizable squad" showed how it was done.

but we expect in a relegation battle to show fight just bristol city did

on april 6th we were out the bottom 3 and all on here said wed stay up because we had a easier run in

bristol city showed how it was done we didnt

covcity4life

They sure did. 2 games in 48 hours. they rested 6 players. Silly AT played knackered players that played with injuries. He put players on the bench with injuries. Even now we can't put a team together. Shafted by SISU.

doesnt excuse the terrible performance we had vs bristol though

I think more accurately "Bristol City's sizable squad" showed how it was done.

and that team on paper was not as good as ours imo. if a footballer cant play 2 games in 48 hrs then sorry but he shouldnt be a professional footballer

rubbish excuse for a player or manager to use

tennis players have 2-3 hr matches and play every other day in tournments , no pain no game as they say

also they held west ham and blues compared to us of burnley and millwall.

torchomatic

It contributes heavily to it though. I think "walking wounded" is pretty much an accurate description.

doesnt excuse the terrible performance we had vs bristol though

like i said, professional footballers complaining of 180 mins work in 3 days , would love to be able to only work 3 hours over 3 days

torchomatic

I think you're missing the point on purpose. They could "freshen" things up, try different players. We couldn't. No one is saying pro footballers shouldn't be able to, but the reality is different, isn't it.

Everything's not just a black and white "McSheff is rubbish" world.

and that team on paper was not as good as ours imo. if a footballer cant play 2 games in 48 hrs then sorry but he shouldnt be a professional footballer

rubbish excuse for a player or manager to use

tennis players have 2-3 hr matches and play every other day in tournments , no pain no game as they say

also they held west ham and blues compared to us of burnley and millwall.

Astute

Why don't all teams have 20 players if they don't suffer from fatigue and can constantly play for 90 mins with knocks?

So are you now saying our squad is big enough?

Why don't all teams have 20 players if they don't suffer from fatigue and can constantly play for 90 mins with knocks?

So are you now saying our squad is big enough?

of course our squad not big enough but that goes out the window on the pitch , the players adreliene should be enough to get through

if our squad not big enough why was eastwood to go on loan?

Astute

I have an idea. lets get ourselves 11 robots that never get ill and can always give 100%. It is good to hear most of you are always fit and well enough to give 100% at work. I take it your jobs are as demanding and as much fitness is needed as a Championship player.

Astute

of course our squad not big enough but that goes out the window on the pitch , the players adreliene should be enough to get through

if our squad not big enough why was eastwood to go on loan?

So what use has Fatwood been to any manager since he left Southend? Would you have played him with his attitude? Why did Southend not play him in every game?

Brighton Sky Blue

Mumford, tommorrow we will barely be able to field a back 4, one of whom has never played a first team game before. Southampton have a wealth of experienced and young players to call upon, and plenty in reserve-it will be the ultimate display of the impact that SISU's total neglect for the football side of the club has had.
Don't get me wrong, Thorn has plenty to be accountable for-but tommorrow, we can genuinely *just* put out a defence and many others are missing. I expect a battering regardless of how we set ourselves up.

Brighton Sky Blue

I have an idea. lets get ourselves 11 robots that never get ill and can always give 100%. It is good to hear most of you are always fit and well enough to give 100% at work. I take it your jobs are as demanding and as much fitness is needed as a Championship player.

I wouldn't let any of our players anywhere near half the things we have in the lab :p

demanding , if you think a footballer has a demanding job then you dont live in the real world , plenty of more demanding jobs on far less money in this world.

in fact id say many cov fans have more demanding jobs

So what use has Fatwood been to any manager since he left Southend? Would you have played him with his attitude? Why did Southend not play him in every game?

if the manager managed his players right then yes would have got eastwood playing

desperate times calls for desperate measures

Mumford, tommorrow we will barely be able to field a back 4, one of whom has never played a first team game before. Southampton have a wealth of experienced and young players to call upon, and plenty in reserve-it will be the ultimate display of the impact that SISU's total neglect for the football side of the club has had.
Don't get me wrong, Thorn has plenty to be accountable for-but tommorrow, we can genuinely *just* put out a defence and many others are missing. I expect a battering regardless of how we set ourselves up.

i apprciate that but weve had the back 2 for most the season , tomorrow is the first time in months keogh and craine wont be playing together

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm tempted at this point to throw in my republican views and rant about the actual work the monarchy do-but I'll leave it for a different time ;)

Brighton Sky Blue

i apprciate that but weve had the back 2 for most the season , tomorrow is the first time in months keogh and craine wont be playing together

I'd say that the defence, taking away injury and suspension, is definitely of Championship quality and is backed up by a Championship quality keeper. Where the SISU effect hits us hardest is up front and on the flanks-we have an incredibly weak front line (when Nimely returns it's just Cody and Clive, assuming Fred and ROD don't come back), and on the wings we have Bell, Baker, and a slow McSheffrey. It's no wonder we have scored so few goals from open play while this is the case.

CCFC Germany

In the situation we are in, relegated and on the brink of folding - we should kiss every player's feet that says that he still wants to stay with City.

Sisu_Cockroaches

I disagree. If my employers were shite I wouldn't publicly speak out about them as I would want to keep my job.

Well that is the attitude that has got the club where it is. Too many people have got their fingers in the pot just working to take a salary with their own interests in mind. They have no interest in what is best for the club. Until we have coventry people in charge nothing is going to change. All it can do is get worse then when the money runs out you wont see one single one of them. They are like locusts.

Dont forget he fucked off to blues for cash and he would do it again.

cooperskyblue

The thing with Mcsheffrey for me is that hes a Cov lad, a Cov fan and even though he has had some shocking games this season as have many of the squad, the club means something to him and he works hard even if the quality is lacking

Grendel

I've supported him but he has been poor and plays like someone in his mid thirties. He will go nowhere as no one will want him.

Sisu_Cockroaches

The thing with Mcsheffrey for me is that hes a Cov lad, a Cov fan and even though he has had some shocking games this season as have many of the squad, the club means something to him and he works hard even if the quality is lacking

I just dont believe it, its a wage for him. If the club meant so much to him surely he should come out and say its a disgrace how the club is being run. Nope, we dont hear a peep from him as it would put him out of favour with the owners. Get real.

torchomatic

torchomatic

Paul Fletcher confirmed that McSheffrey, who could double his wages with a move to St Andrews, had not asked for a transfer.
"It's very difficult one for Gary. He's obviously got great affection for Coventry City, he's enjoyed his stay at the club and probably wanted it to continue.

"I sympathise with him because I was in exactly the same position.

When I was 20 I was a big signing for a club 20 miles up the road (a record-breaking pounds 60,000 move from Bolton to Burnley in 1971), so I know exactly how he's feeling right now.

Marty

Paul Fletcher confirmed that McSheffrey, who could double his wages with a move to St Andrews, had not asked for a transfer.
"It's very difficult one for Gary. He's obviously got great affection for Coventry City, he's enjoyed his stay at the club and probably wanted it to continue.

When I was 20 I was a big signing for a club 20 miles up the road (a record-breaking pounds 60,000 move from Bolton to Burnley in 1971), so I know exactly how he's feeling right now.

obviously tied up and smuggled up the A45 in the back of a van then.

Sisu_Cockroaches

Its all tripe, he chose to go. What i am saying is fans are deluded if they think he gives a shit. Its all about the money and people have been ripping off this club for years. He is not a cov fan.

dongonzalos

Good lad. Personally I have always seem him try. Scored a few this season created a few. Should excel in league one. Or at coundon wedge if we are liquidated.

TheHellion

Knowing the McSheffrey family quite well, I spoke to them about what was going on at the time. I can back this up. He didn't WANT to leave and he sure didn't DEMAND it. The club sold him at the time because they wanted to free up the money. I even have a signed letter from Paul Fletcher more or less confirming it.

As for him now, well it's difficult. He shows glimpses of his former self, but we're going to need more than glimpses next season. We're going to need consistency from him.

Users who are viewing this thread