McNulty (3 Viewers)

steve82

The same Leon Clarke that allegedly claimed he had a foot injury and didn’t play after handing in a transfer request when Wolves came sniffing ?

Yes, that’s football ask Ben Stevenson.

It happens in the modern game when players heads get turned. If McNulty was still here come the start of August I suspect he’d of had a summer cold too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

usskyblue

Yes, that’s football ask Ben Stevenson.

It happens in the modern game when players heads get turned. If McNulty was still here come the start of August I suspect he’d of had a summer cold too.

Clarke’s seemingly quite the expert, both prior and since.

steve82

Clarke’s seemingly quite the expert, both prior and since.

Does the job where ever he goes generally, at 33 now he’s time for at least 5 more.

In all seriousness loyalty is a rare thing in the modern game and works both ways ask Mcnulty who’s being forced out now 6 months after a club payed out handsomely.

Liquid Gold

The same Leon Clarke that allegedly claimed he had a foot injury and didn’t play after handing in a transfer request when Wolves came sniffing ?
Refused to play but didn’t hand in a transfer request. That would have meant him forfeiting his loyalty bonus.

covboy1987

Refused to play but didn’t hand in a transfer request. That would have meant him forfeiting his loyalty bonus.
I think the Clarks issues might have had something to do with playing 35 miles away in front of a handful of fans and the issues with the club that continue to this day -

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

This thread is astounding.

Our strikers are pretty flaccid at best in this current moment and we're turning our noses up at someone who scored 28 goals last season, was our best player, and shits all over what we've currently got.

What makes it even funnier is that some are saying we should go for Leon Clarke.

Fuck me. Sky Blues Talk needs a master reset!

itsabuzzard

Our strikers are pretty flaccid at best in this current moment and we're turning our noses up at someone who scored 28 goals last season, was our best player, and shits all over what we've currently got.

What makes it even funnier is that some are saying we should go for Leon Clarke.

Never look back.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

steve82

You not think Leon Clarke would be a welcome loan bringing experience, a focal point and goals?

Do you actually think we’ve the ability to go sign McNulty in this window?

vow

I think the Clarks issues might have had something to do with playing 35 miles away in front of a handful of fans and the issues with the club that continue to this day -
Fook all to do with playing at Sixfields.

All about the money where Clarkes concerned m8. He does have previous.

usskyblue

giphy.gif

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Clarke is proven in the league above and this one, if he's available hes a far better option than McNulty

covcity4life

so fickle as well

28 goals and help us get promotion, a real talisman?

"nahh fuck off you were never that good,never want you back"

Nick

Administrator
See, I don't know why I liked you so much
I gave you all, of my trust
I told you, I loved you, now that's all down the drain
Ya put me through pain, I want to let you know how I feel
Fuck what I said it don't mean shit now
Fuck the presents might as well throw em out
Fuck all those kisses, they didn't mean jack
Fuck you, you hoe, I don't want you back

Nick

Administrator
It's probably now that McNulty might think about going back to Scotland, surely to get a mid / lower Scottish Prem club?

vow

FFS, I got baited and clicked on a CET article on Facebook...argggh.
Regarding McNulty being transfer listed by Reading, "CET understands" was as far as I got.

Mucca Mad Boys

Did you take a break over Xmas? Our strikers have scored 5 in the last 4 games... and are all scoring roughly 1 in 4. Which is respectable.

McNulty has no goal scoring record in League 1.

Mucca Mad Boys

He has 11 in 55 which is 1 in 5. (quick maths).

Hiwula has a record in League 1 with 37 in 157 which is less.

Considering McNulty wouldn’t come cheap, is it really worth it? Hasn’t played a lot, seemingly unfit, and frankly, isn’t the same player who scored 28 for us. Ideally, I’d have preferred him to stay, but the die has been cast and I don’t see a need for him. The risk outweigh the rewards and like an ex-girlfriend, best if we just move on.

1 in 5 is less than the 1 in 4 Chaplin, Hiwula and JCH have all got this season.

Mucca Mad Boys

Do find it slightly odd that it's never go back for McNulty, but roll out the red carpet for Clarke.

Because Leon Clarke is a proven goalscorer in L1 and above. But, more importantly, offers something different to what we have, he’s a focal point in attack who’s good in the air. Where does McNulty actually fit in? Reading aren’t going to let McNulty go for cheap considering they’ve spent £1m on him. With Clarke, a hypothetical loan deal could have the potential to be made permanent.

For me, striker isn’t a position that we need to build on in this window. Our 3 main strikers have respectable records and there are more pressing needs elsewhere.

JimmyHillsbeard

Whoever he joins, should he leave in this window, they are taking on a player who has been relatively inactive since May... Remember it took 6 months for him to get motoring here after being in the cold at Sheff Utd from Jan 2017 onwards...

Good luck to the buyer/loaner, I say.

Yeah he didn’t score until his second game for us. Then was in and out of the squad in September. He next scored for us at Luton in October and he didn’t stop scoring until the end of the season.

He’s not coming back and I doubt it’s sensible for either parties to consider a return but what he achieved last season should never be forgotten. The thing that impressed me most last season wasn’t his goal scoring but his work rate which was absolutely outstanding in league two.

fernandopartridge

Yeah he didn’t score until his second game for us. Then was in and out of the squad in September. He next scored for us at Luton in October and he didn’t stop scoring until the end of the season.

He’s not coming back and I doubt it’s sensible for either parties to consider a return but what he achieved last season should never be forgotten. The thing that impressed me most last season wasn’t his goal scoring but his work rate which was absolutely outstanding in league two.
Yes, defended from the front

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Funnily enough, I only missed Wycombe.

The stats speak for themselves and our strikers are doing just fine. I feel sorry for anyone who genuinely thinks we have a chance of resigning McNulty.

I never said I thought we had a chance.

I just laugh at anyone who thinks we currently have better.

Users who are viewing this thread