McNulty (5 Viewers)

Frank Sidebottom

he's gonna go to sunderland isn't he
Seems a more likely outcome as they might be selling Maja, They will probably be able to match his current wages and it'll probably suit McNulty too as i imagine he still has family in Scotland.

Cov kid 55

I genuinely think McNulty is a superior footballer to Thomas. He made his name from a good goal at Wembley. Yesterday he looked no better than Chaplin.
I thought Thomas looked quite good yesterday, very busy, a bit of a handful, and worked hard to close Sterling down when we were pressing at the end.

Re-signing McNulty would smack of desperation, and I don’t think we are desparate. We will probably end up mid-table, which would be fine, as part of our improvement. MR has a number of forwards who he chose and signed, and he should develop and improve them over the remainder of the season, and then strengthen the squad next summer as necessary, with a view to a promotion push.

no_loyalty

Seems a more likely outcome as they might be selling Maja, They will probably be able to match his current wages and it'll probably suit McNulty too as i imagine he still has family in Scotland.

Maja has refused a new contract and Palace are in interested in him, they are looking to sign McNulty to play along side Maja to fire them to the Championship.

steve82

McNulty was like a exciting holiday romance we look back on with fond memories on what could of been if things became serious.

Unfortunately for us the holiday romance ended as she liked the look of something better with better perks and wanted to dance in better company as she could move good!

Now we’re now hearing things have turned sour for her and she’s not getting a look in amongst the better looking competition and we are dreaming of what could be once again again if we contact her as were sat with our predicable replacement who were expecting to be exciting as that bombshell we dream of.

The bitter taste of her looking for better company and damage to her confidence and physical shape is too much to rekindle tho.

We move in different circles now....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Bomb Squad less than 6 months after paying over a million.

It's no wonder football is such a mess.

Could Meyler do a job for us in midfield?

no_loyalty

Bomb Squad less than 6 months after paying over a million.

It's no wonder football is such a mess.

Could Meyler do a job for us in midfield?

Would like Meyler here, he is a very good player, he seems to have a bit of aggression which we could do with.

D

Deleted member 2477

Absolutely no chance he will come back. Reading will want a transfer fee and recoup at least half of what they paid. Even if they allowed him to come on loan we would have to pay a percentage of his wages far in excess of what anyy of our other players are on and then you have the issue of him not being match fit and well over weight acording to their fans.

I get the feeling McNulty got what he wanted with a big earning move and a contract to ensure his future and has now sat on his arse hence his poor performances and lack of fitness

oucho

Even if they allowed him to come on loan we would have to pay a percentage of his wages far in excess of what any of our other players are on

He'd be value for money even at those wages provided he can play like he did for 2nd half of last season.

Calista

I get the feeling McNulty got what he wanted with a big earning move and a contract to ensure his future and has now sat on his arse hence his poor performances and lack of fitness
Harsh I think - he really doesn't strike me as that sort of character.

D

Deleted member 2477

Unless he was injured I cant see any other reason for his total lack of fitness and Reading fans calling him fatty McNulty

pastythegreat

Reckon Reading would be interested in a part ex?
They give us McNulty and we give them Hiwula, Chaplin and Bakayoko. Also seems they may yet lose one of their CHs so maybe throw Willis in the mix too?!
The wages from the players lost should cover McNultys. Worth a try

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

smileycov

Facebook User
Unless he was injured I cant see any other reason for his total lack of fitness and Reading fans calling him fatty McNulty
All hearsay, plus when he was here he was chunky. I doubt very much he has ballooned, and lack of fitness most likely is due to lack of playing time.
Wonder if some sort of deal could be made with them to get him here. would take him in a heartbeat!!

stay_up_skyblues

What a pointless signing that was for Reading. McShane might be useful experience for our young back line although no doubt wages would be too high.

D

Deleted member 2477

Probably go to shef utd with the rest of our ex players

BrizzolSkyBlue

What a wasted move for him (in footballing terms - not thinking about the money). Let's hope other players tempted by big money moves learn from his experience.

Reactions: vow

Terry Gibson's perm

Reading look like a team clearing the decks ready for league one.

They can transfer list Mcnulty and stop him eating but he has the contract and if he has any sense will be sitting it out waiting for a pay off or a club to match the wages pointless moving full time for less

Nick

Administrator
Reading look like a team clearing the decks ready for league one.

They can transfer list Mcnulty and stop him eating but he has the contract and if he has any sense will be sitting it out waiting for a pay off or a club to match the wages pointless moving full time for less

Imagine that, getting paid thousands a week to rock up and have a kick around for a couple of hours then go home.

He would be mad to then leave to have smaller wages unless Reading are paying him off.

At least his agent will have been paid!

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

What a wasted move for him (in footballing terms - not thinking about the money). Let's hope other players tempted by big money moves learn from his experience.
Although I wish I agreed, he's basically had 6 months of being a sub, having earned a load more cash, and can probably just go back to League 1 and continue as per usual. Not really the end of the world for him. I'd certainly take it!

BrizzolSkyBlue

Although I wish I agreed, he's basically had 6 months of being a sub, having earned a load more cash, and can probably just go back to League 1 and continue as per usual. Not really the end of the world for him. I'd certainly take it!
Exactly - it made sense in monetary terms but will even L1 be interested in an expensive player who may take months to get match fit.

lord_garrincha

Whoever he joins, should he leave in this window, they are taking on a player who has been relatively inactive since May... Remember it took 6 months for him to get motoring here after being in the cold at Sheff Utd from Jan 2017 onwards...

Good luck to the buyer/loaner, I say.

Liquid Gold

Nice signing on bonus, high wages, probably subsidised by Reading for the next few years too, and a loyalty bonus for not requesting a move.

If anything I'd say this shows you should push for the move when you get the chance, his career won't be harmed if he gets a transfer to a league 1 club now.

Last edited:

Captain Dart

I don't think he should return.

Chaplin is not doing as badly as some make out, he has 6 goals in 20 games, admittedly a few were pens but there has also been a free kick, a couple of headed goals and a close range shot a decent spread of goal types. You have to remember he is only 21 and won't really hit peak career for 4 or 5 more years.

oucho

Nice signing on bonus, high wages, probably subsidised by Reading for the next few years too, and a loyalty bonus for not requesting a move.
If anything I'd say this shows you should push for the move when you get the chance, his career won't be harmed if he gets a transfer to a league 1 club now.

We don't want a player with an attitude like that. We want players who are motivated to prove themselves and get first team games at all costs, not who want to take a payday and sit on the bench. If we wanted a player like that we could ring up Freddie Eastwood, cheaper too.

Liquid Gold

We don't want a player with an attitude like that. We want players who are motivated to prove themselves and get first team games at all costs, not who want to take a payday and sit on the bench. If we wanted a player like that we could ring up Freddie Eastwood, cheaper too.
I'm not suggesting we go out and get him, I'm just saying objectively it was probably a good move for him to make.

covcity4life

Absolutely no chance he will come back. Reading will want a transfer fee and recoup at least half of what they paid. Even if they allowed him to come on loan we would have to pay a percentage of his wages far in excess of what anyy of our other players are on and then you have the issue of him not being match fit and well over weight acording to their fans.

lmao talk about supporting players in match thread but happy to sell an ex player down the river with conspiracy theories looooool

covcity4life

He'd be shit playing alongside Chaplin, Hiwula or JCH anyway.. It was Max that made him look such a good player. Chaplin would have scored twice as many if Max was still fit
what? mcnultys all round game is superior to chaplins

we are gonna keep chaplin regardless, but know way i would be unhappy if mcnulty rejoined. he would be our best striker instantly

Users who are viewing this thread