Max v Baka (1 Viewer)

Who’s your man

• Total voters

Johhny Blue

I wanted to add a voting option but didn’t know how. For me it’s too close to call. Thank you to whoever added it. Is it possible to add an option of both?
We could even add an option for neither so Fatso can vote.

Sky Blue Harry H

For reference, matty godden has 16 in 35, a goal every 158 minutes... A goal every 128 minutes in the league 💪

Biamou in league.. Goal every 305 minutes

Baka in league... Goal every 244 minutes

What would be interesting to do is to look at the last half of their football league playing 'career'. Max took a while to adjust from non league, and I suspect you would see a large improvement in his figures in the second 'half'. Hopefully Baka can do the same as he develops.

Sky Blue Harry H

The one thing that is evident with Baka throughout his time here, and was evident again on Tuesday night is, he doesnt have a football brain. He worked his nuts off Tuesday but too many times his touch and decision making was poor, and he's 24 coming up 25 in January with nearly 200 first team appearances, we need to stop talking about him as if he's a youngster.

Messi is 33, and Ronaldo older - Baka has got time to get there! (Edit, I was disappointed Baka didn't round the keeper at Gillingham in the one on one. He had the keeper flat footed and looked a gimme opportunity to me).

Last edited:

shmmeee

One scored last night and one “striker” didn’t put himself forward for a penalty shoot out. Tells you all you need to know really.

Do you really think Robins just leaves it up to the players? It’s not Sunday league.

The one who scored did literally nothing else but wander about the pitch and play bad passes that broke up our counters.

Evo1883

Biamou's is worse because it took so long to break his duck. Whats his stats since his first league goal in league 2?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Well it took him 12 games from his first goal to score again., he then scored for 2 matches.... Then 9 games without again

Sky Blue Harry H

Do you not remember the Walsall game where he scored 2 in less than 30 mins of being on the pitch

For me. on his day Baka can be a handful/nightmare to play against (rather than lethal). even if he doesn't attain ''lethal' status, if he can more regularly be a handful/nightmare for the opposition, then that's fine with me, as others will benefit from it. It would be great if he could become lethal and a handful !!

tskezz

Wheres the neither option?

Like them both, especially Max like most of us, but apart from chucking one on late in a game i don't really see anything great from them

slyblue57

For me neither are championship level, and both are very different players. Biamou holds the ball up better and looks the most composed finisher, but Baka runs around a lot more pressing. The one thing that is evident with Baka throughout his time here, and was evident again on Tuesday night is, he doesnt have a football brain. He worked his nuts off Tuesday but too many times his touch and decision making was poor, and he's 24 coming up 25 in January with nearly 200 first team appearances, we need to stop talking about him as if he's a youngster.

Totaly agree re Baka, the fact he runs around alot is not a reason to keep him. The touch some people say he has is usually like hes wearing bricks in his boots. He s woeful in the air and as Stupot says no football brain/ awareness. Hes improved since first arriving, really? only if you think putting weight and a bit of muscle on.
Pusb

Magwitch

I respect both and while they continue to don a Cov City shirt will support both. They have had good moments here in their own seperate ways but if we want to build a squad, consolidate and even challenge at the business end of this division we need better to be honest. If the money is there I think buying or loaning in another striker a priority.

shmmeee

I respect both and while they continue to don a Cov City shirt will support both. They have had good moments here in their own seperate ways but if we want to build a squad, consolidate and even challenge at the business end of this division we need better to be honest. If the money is there I think buying or loaning in another striker a priority.

Why on Earth would we spend limited budget on a third choice striker?

Magwitch

Why should it be a third choice striker ?

There are such things as loans, sorry but after Godden and Walker still a bit of a rookie at this level in my opinion we could struggle in the striker department if we relied on Baka and/or Max on a long term basis. You often quote restricted budgets which may have been increased with some off the Wilson money, what do you call restricted ? My guess is having moved one out, Eccles, one might come in maybe a loan. We will see.

mark82

I think if you do that it has to be a development striker. Someone who will play mostly in the u23's and only be used in an emergency. Someone who has shown a bit of talent in lower leagues or non-league.

fatso

I wanted to add a voting option but didn’t know how. For me it’s too close to call. Thank you to whoever added it. Is it possible to add an option of both?
We could even add an option for neither so Fatso can vote.
[/QUOTE
Thank you for the consideration.

NorthernWisdom

I like Max, bit Baka is younger and has room for improvement. They both offer something different.
More to the point. What were Max’s stats at 24?
I remember long ago, reading an interview with Paul Power. He reckoned part of the reason he could play at a high level late into his career, was he started relatively late (22?) and that it was more about miles in the legs, than actual age. Not sure I entirely agree, but Max's game isn't based around blistering pace, so there's certainly a chance that, despite being older, he has a good half dozen years left in him where he can improve.

CCFC88

If it was to start as a partner alongside Godden I'd choose Max, however that's not how we start games, and if we did, or when we do switch to that mid way through games it'll be Walker and Godden.

All being well either will only be subs so for that reason it would be Baka, stretches the game more, runs the channels, chases opponents down more effectively.

If we can, keep both though, no harm in having 4 forwards.

stupot07

One game in this division and we’ve had vendettas for Baka, Mason, Pask, Shipley...
This is going to be a long hard season, I can see a few more joining that list before the season ends

Users who are viewing this thread