Max v Baka (1 Viewer)

Who’s your man

• Total voters

Johhny Blue

I find it is the idea that he's reached his ceiling, when without having had the game time to prove it .
So it's based on a supposition . Mine's always been that it's within him to make that progression, even if it's late in a career ,it has happened to others, not forgetting he was a late starter.
He does pretty well as a late starter in games

Evo1883

Ultimately lads this is the reality... Neither are what we need if we are to progress further after this season..

I think biamou will be the choice going forward out of the 2... But their times here have both been uninspiring in the league IMG_20201208_094043.png max

IMG_20201208_094024.png

Baka

Whilst either wear the shirt they get a nod from me though

The way fans feel about max reminds me really of how they felt about Carl Baker tbh thinking about it

edgy

All depends on how this season goes for Max and that may boil down to how MR approaches the remaining games tactically.

Personally don't see a Godden/Walker partnership being as successful as a Max +1.

We may well find a "better Max" next summer, should we stay up but I can also see him being given a short extension as back up and competition.

I'd personally like to see Bremang dripped into the squad for a few minutes here and there where games allow. He's been at the club for a while now. If he's not to get a chance then why is he still with us?

CanuckSkyBlue

Ultimately lads this is the reality... Neither are what we need if we are to progress further after this season..

I think biamou will be the choice going forward out of the 2... But their times here have both been uninspiring in the league View attachment 17813max

View attachment 17814

Baka

The way fans feel about max reminds me really of how they felt about Carl Baker tbh thinking about it
Never got the Carl Baker fan boys, overrated. I doubt either will be here next year should we survive.

cc84cov

All depends on how this season goes for Max and that may boil down to how MR approaches the remaining games tactically.

Personally don't see a Godden/Walker partnership being as successful as a Max +1.

We may well find a "better Max" next summer, should we stay up but I can also see him being given a short extension as back up and competition.

I'd personally like to see Bremang dripped into the squad for a few minutes here and there where games allow. He's been at the club for a while now. If he's not to get a chance then why is he still with us?
He’s miles away from the level of the first team

DannyThomas_1981

Never got the Carl Baker fan boys, overrated. I doubt either will be here next year should we survive.
Honestly not sure what Max has to do to get the support of some on here. Man of the match performance on Saturday is followed by calls for his removal from the squad next season. Seems very unfair to me - why not support the players performing for us?

wingy

I think biamou will be the choice going forward out of the 2... But their times here have both been uninspiring in the league View attachment 17813max

View attachment 17814

Baka

Just exactly what is wrong about having an affinity to a particular player?
Aren't we meant to feel a connection?
Maybe it's their averageness that has permitted them the longevity here to actually build that fondness/rapport with the fanbase .

CanuckSkyBlue

Honestly not sure what Max has to do to get the support of some on here. Man of the match performance on Saturday is followed by calls for his removal from the squad next season. Seems very unfair to me - why not support the players performing for us?
Just being pragmatic, Max has won me over but if we want to push on he’d surely have to progress very quickly. He’s a credit to the club though.

Evo1883

Just exactly what is wrong about having an affinity to a particular player?
Aren't we meant to feel a connection?
Maybe it's their averageness that has permitted them the longevity here to actually build that fondness/rapport with the fanbase .

Nothing wrong, can get a bit silly at times though, judgement well and truly clouded, it's human nature

Evo1883

I think ultimately most people including me support whoever wears the shirt, however max has never excelled here, showed just glimpses of what maybe could be...

He has scored an important goal here and there no doubt, but for example somebody like godden who basically fired us back into the championship, doesn't get the level of respect or love... Some suggesting he may not get back into the team when fit... Which is ludicrous

There has never nor will there ever be a rational logical discussion about max biamou... Some fans admit he's almost a cult hero which is odd

I'd be delighted should he score 10 goals this season in the league, I would still hope the club looks to get better next season

Evo1883

It is emotional ,for sure.
Why do we like anything?

True, but like with many players in the past, the emotional argument always seems to consume city fans more than the realistic argument.

That's due to so many shit years imo, cling onto tryers and people who give their best..

Sick Boy

It’s all a bit too cult-like.
If the club survives in the Championship we will need to evolve and improve the squad, if this happens neither Baka or Biamou are likely to be here next season.

Sick Boy

True, but like with many players in the past, the emotional argument always seems to consume city fans more than the realistic argument.

That's due to so many shit years imo, cling onto tryers and people who give their best..
It’s actually quite strange, it was the same weird affiliation with Thorn.

Evo1883

It’s actually quite strange, it was the same weird affiliation with Thorn.

It's definitely due to us having so many bad years... And our fans do love somebody who tries... Nothing wrong with that, but the threads made after every single max goal do seem rather odd, as he's scored 11 in nearly 70 league games.. Inevitably strikers score here and there regardless.

But whilst he wears city colours he will have my backing for sure during those 90

Londonccfcfan

I'd be surprised if either are here tbh

Id be surprised if half the current squad are here. No doubt we will look to improve.

In saying that if Biamou continues his form and averages a goal every other game or 2.5 matches then hes out of contract in summer i woukdnt be surprised if hes offered another contract. Which well and truly shut a few up.

Ccfcisparks

It's definitely due to us having so many bad years... And our fans do love somebody who tries... Nothing wrong with that, but the threads made after every single max goal do seem rather odd, as he's scored 11 in nearly 70 league games.. Inevitably strikers score here and there regardless.

But whilst he wears city colours he will have my backing for sure during those 90
Would be interested to know how many of those 70 are starts, and to know the stats after he scored his first goal. i remember he went ages without scoring his first.

Evo1883

Id be surprised if half the current squad are here. No doubt we will look to improve.

In saying that if Biamou continues his form and averages a goal every other game or 2.5 matches then hes out of contract in summer i woukdnt be surprised if hes offered another contract. Which well and truly shut a few up.

Wouldn't shut people up, we'd be disappointed we aren't looking for better.

That form you're describing over a season hasn't happened before so would be an anomoly

Londonccfcfan

Wouldn't shut people up, we'd be disappointed we aren't looking for better.

That form you're describing over a season hasn't happened before so would be an anomoly

Give him a chance first. 11 goals in 13 starts or something like last season wasnt bad.

3 goals in about 4 starts this season isnt bad either.

Looking forward to tonight and next few weeks. Lol.

Evo1883

Would be interested to know how many of those 70 are starts, and to know the stats after he scored his first goal. i remember he went ages without scoring his first.

He went ages after scoring his 1st too in league 2.... Another 12 games, then scored in 2 matches then another 9 without... This is a misconception he started banging them in after 1

Evo1883

Give him a chance first. 11 goals in 13 starts or something like last season wasnt bad.

3 goals in about 4 starts this season isnt bad either.

Looking forward to tonight and next few weeks. Lol.

Not a bad return at all, very good Infact..

Next season we still need better.

Crouch had a great record for England, still needed better

Evo1883

Obviously if he scores tonight we will have loads of people tagging on this post... Hope he does BTW
giphy.gif

Londonccfcfan

Obviously if he scores tonight we will have loads of people tagging on this post... Hope he does BTW
giphy.gif

Exactly, i have no problem sticking out for him. As i have backed him since league 2 days. Admittedly not the first half of that season. But the boy has taken massive strides.

Evo1883

We could say that about everyone in our squad barring Hamer and Dabo. About the only 2 players we have no chance of improving on, next season.

I mean, this is the problem when discussing max... No matter what is said... What stats we discuss.. Etc etc etc.

We go round in circles on the issue, so in reality what is the point discussing it, nobody can have a rational chat about the player so why bother

I hope he continues to score and play well...
But I still want us to get better next season,that's just how I feel 🤷

I never liked adebola, cov fans think he's Comparible to Pele because he scored a couple of cup bangers and the odd league goal, same thing here

Colin Steins Smile

I seem to recollect that Regis didn't score loads of goals for us, but when he played the other team mates tended to score more often.
I await the statistical gurus to prove me wrong....as I said it's a recollection. Perhaps Biamou adds more than just goals

Evo1883

I seem to recollect that Regis didn't score loads of goals for us, but when he played the other team mates tended to score more often.
I await the statistical gurus to prove me wrong....as I said it's a recollection. Perhaps Biamou adds more than just goals

Regis didn't score many, I have no idea why I'm continuing this debate myself tbh... He plays he plays, he scores he scores... I'm going to make an effort not to discuss it anymore 🤣

Bizzare mentality when it comes to max full stop
I'm pissing against the wind with this one I'm afraid

wingy

Regis didn't score many, I have no idea why I'm continuing this debate myself tbh... He plays he plays, he scores he scores... I'm going to make an effort not to discuss it anymore 🤣

Bizzare mentality when it comes to max full stop
I'm pissing against the wind with this one I'm afraid
Hehehe 🤗

Users who are viewing this thread