Max v Baka (1 Viewer)

Who’s your man

• Total voters

shmmeee

This is going to be a long hard season, I can see a few more joining that list before the season ends

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Whats hilarious is they’re all reserve players! Even the boo boys can’t find fault with our first team :D

Evo1883

I've also had discussions with people about max being better than Godden... That's how far the dilusion spreads I'm afraid... I said before it's almost cult like 😂

shmmeee

What Baka really needs to work on is the social media side of his game. Get him on tweet drills an hour a day, target of 20 teenage girls taken to prom this season. Back in the team in no time.

stupot07

I've also had discussions with people about max being better than Godden... That's how far the dilusion spreads I'm afraid... I said before it's almost cult like
I've not seen anyone say that on here?

Evo1883

I've not seen anyone say that on here?

giphy.gif

Johhny Blue

If it was to start as a partner alongside Godden I'd choose Max, however that's not how we start games, and if we did, or when we do switch to that mid way through games it'll be Walker and Godden.

All being well either will only be subs so for that reason it would be Baka, stretches the game more, runs the channels, chases opponents down more effectively.

If we can, keep both though, no harm in having 4 forwards.
Can you spell:
a. Squad
b. Versatility

Grendel

Not what I meant, just that his form/record in all competitions since then has been pretty good. Cricket is a good example of that

Biamou has scored what 4 league 1 goals in his entire career and he’s pushing 30?

Hobo

Considering the fact we don't have the budget for four quality strikers we could be worse off than have Baka and Max. Both have some strengths along with several weaknesses. Both seem to buy into the Coventry squad together culture - don't underestimate the value of that.

I put Baka slightly ahead of Max especially supporting Godden or Walker in a slightly deeper attacking role due to his mobility. Also being younger suggests he is more likely to learn and develop.

I think given the chance Robins would off load Kastaneer and Max freeing up his options to bring in a loan. I think the budget will be pretty well used up at the moment - especially as getting crowds back before Christmas is looking less and less likely?

Max is a more composed finisher never feel confident of baka scoring on a 1v1

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I would disagree with this, I feel Baka through on goal running at the keeper with a 1 on 1 is very good. It’s the instinct that he seems to just miss out on. This is where Biamou seems to do a lot better. 👍

I would be fascinated to see their respective chance conversions rates, however. I would imagine Biamou’s is considerably better. Biamou as a 4th choice striker / for cup games is a good option. His goal ratio in the cup backs this up, we could do a lot worse.

Last edited:

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I reckon it is now or never for both of them because the team can out grow them both if we recruit right and certain players like Bremang and Bapaga develope

Londonccfcfan

People slate him and last season he scored more than Baka
Biamou - 11
Baka - 4
I dont get where Biamous hate comes from he is a good player probably not Championship standard but can still perform to this level
His hate comes from the fact he's popular. And certain folks just think he's a PR machine and not a talented striker who worked his way up the league's.

Adge

His hate comes from the fact he's popular. And certain folks just think he's a PR machine and not a talented striker who worked his way up the league's.
And there lies the problem. His limitations get overlooked because he is popular with some (not all) as you say.

AOM

I originally voted for Baka on this and I still rate him but from watching the game today, if I was a centre back I'd much rather defend against him that Biamou.

Got all the attributes and works hard, but is so passive.
Biamou is slower and smaller but has that aggression and knows how to use the strengths he does have

cc84cov

I originally voted for Baka on this and I still rate him but from watching the game today, if I was a centre back I'd much rather defend against him that Biamou.

Biamou is slower and smaller but has that aggression and knows how to use the strengths he does have
Therefore max is the better of the 2 Baka probably won’t be playing pro football at 30

Johhny Blue

You can only change your original vote if it was for Biden

wingy

And there lies the problem. His limitations get overlooked because he is popular with some (not all) as you say.
I find it is the idea that he's reached his ceiling, when without having had the game time to prove it .
So it's based on a supposition . Mine's always been that it's within him to make that progression, even if it's late in a career ,it has happened to others, not forgetting he was a late starter.

Londonccfcfan

What max needs now is a run of games in a row. He did well in league 2 when he had that.

HE did well in League 1 also between October vs Fleetwood(come on as sub) and Janaury (When Godden was mostly injured).

His first half display very much reminded me of his game at Ipswich in FA Cup when he was unplayable at their place in December. (yes its an FA Cup goal so doesnt count) but still. which was backed up after a substitute late goal equaliser vs Ipswich in the league match.

Problem is (same problem for every player in our team) this is the championship. Its unlikely to expect any of our players to have two matchwinning outstanding games back to back - game after game.

No one has done that so far and is unlikely too.

Users who are viewing this thread