Max v Baka (1 Viewer)

Who’s your man

• Total voters

stevefloyd

Baka just runs about like he doesn't have a clue what he supposed to be doing which in actual fact seems about right, he is just not a footballing person and for him to get as far as he has in this sport it is baffling even more baffling as to why his contract was extended...Is Robins that short of laughs?

D

Deleted member 11652

Anyone watched episode 2 of the new Salford documentary? When trying to sign a striker in January Neville is talking about Will Grigg and then mentions Baka before the scene cuts off. Guessing they made an approach for him.

Sick Boy

I honestly don’t know what the logic was in signing Baka. Max I get as he has contributed over the seasons, but Baka is another level.

We should get rid in Jan window
Much more likely both will leave in the summer when their contracts expire, especially if we stay up.

Adge

Anyone watched episode 2 of the new Salford documentary? When trying to sign a striker in January Neville is talking about Will Grigg and then mentions Baka before the scene cuts off. Guessing they made an approach for him.
No-when was that one/what channel?

shmmeee

People going on about extending Baka, would you have gone into the season with just Walker and Godden considering Max had been told to find another club?

Grendel

People going on about extending Baka, would you have gone into the season with just Walker and Godden considering Max had been told to find another club?

I would have signed another player and let Bakayoko go

shmmeee

I would have signed another player and let Bakayoko go

That’s the thing though, who can we get for free on Bakas wages who would be better? It was a gamble he’d kick on, he hasn’t. I’d expect us to sign better if we stay up.

He’s an honest lad who’s tried his best and never grumbled despite the stick he gets. I hope he makes a career for himself at a lower level.

Grendel

That’s the thing though, who can we get for free on Bakas wages who would be better? It was a gamble he’d kick on, he hasn’t. I’d expect us to sign better if we stay up.

He’s an honest lad who’s tried his best and never grumbled despite the stick he gets. I hope he makes a career for himself at a lower level.

Im surprised we kept him - Robins has criticised him publicly- he’s a player who always flatters to deceive. We could have used his wages to try and recruit an overseas player or a low league player to step up. Of course these would be gambles but it was inevitable he’d end up being surplus to requirements

One thing about biamou is despite his obvious limitations he does work at improving himself and when you look at his debut when he really looked like a lottery winner to now there is huge improvement - bakayoko has not progressed at all

cc84cov

Im surprised we kept him - Robins has criticised him publicly- he’s a player who always flatters to deceive. We could have used his wages to try and recruit an overseas player or a low league player to step up. Of course these would be gambles but it was inevitable he’d end up being surplus to requirements

One thing about biamou is despite his obvious limitations he does work at improving himself and when you look at his debut when he really looked like a lottery winner to now there is huge improvement - bakayoko has not progressed at all
Agreed Baka hasn’t progressed since he come even with all that training etc the only reason I can see we kept him is to make up the numbers of senior players on the budget etc

suffolkskyblue24

For me Baka offers very little at this level (he was hardly prolific in League 1). Yes, you can’t fault his enthusiasm and work rate but all that running about yields very little in either goals or assists. If an opportunity came to move him to a new opportunity in January I would take it. I appreciate it would not allow us to bring in a ready made improvement but we could take a punt on another player with potential without weakening the squad significantly.

Max I would keep until the end of the season. We need cover for Godden and Walker and he gives a physical presence if required later in matches. By all accounts he is a good dressing room influence and mentors some of the younger players which should be recognised.

We all know we need to bring more class into the striking department if we are going to flourish in this league but we don’t have the resources right now. This season is about survival and assessing the squad and their ability relative to the standard required. Assuming we achieve that (and I am hopeful) we can review and try and do some business over the summer.

SBAndy

Oh, I get you now and agree totally. I'll be quite disappointed if those two dont get some game time this season.

Can’t see Bremang getting near the team. I’ll be amazed if he makes the bench for a league game (awaits being told that he already has).

Biamou possibly has a future here beyond the end of the season, but shouldn’t be better than 4th choice.

edgy

Can’t see Bremang getting near the team. I’ll be amazed if he makes the bench for a league game (awaits being told that he already has).

Biamou possibly has a future here beyond the end of the season, but shouldn’t be better than 4th choice.

You're probably right. But after watching Baka the other day, what right does he have over the likes of Bremang to hold a squad position? He offered nothing.

Then that leads onto another point, what is the point of these u23 players if they are never going to be given a chance to show their worth. If Baka or whoever is getting minutes and not contributing then challenge these younger lads to show what they can do?

johnwillomagic

Both in reality need to be let go at the end of the season as I do not think either are good enough at this level.

Biamou has had a much fairer crack of the whip than Baka this season but having said that Baka this year has been a letdown for me and has wasted the chances when he has been given them at least Biamou has made better than Baka on his opportunties.

I really hope Baka does do something if and when he gets the chance again this season but sadly think that ship may have sailed and he onlt has himself to blame really - think both need to go to free up budget for maybe a slight improvement and someone raw and youthful as a gamble on low wages a bit like Biamou but in teens/early 20's - need to get behind both of them while they are here anyway.

Offhegoes

Max really does get a tough ride here. Gets drafted in against Reading and contributes to a good performance and a win. Misses some chances against Forest & Watford (but makes Walker's goal at Watford) and he is deemed shit. Comes off the bench to score the equaliser against Norwich, and then gets MOM and scores against Rotherham. However he's now crap again. From what I've seen this season I'd play Max & Godden together, and give them a run.
As for Baka - Time is up I am afraid.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Max really does get a tough ride here. Gets drafted in against Reading and contributes to a good performance and a win. Misses some chances against Forest & Watford (but makes Walker's goal at Watford) and he is deemed shit. Comes off the bench to score the equaliser against Norwich, and then gets MOM and scores against Rotherham. However he's now crap again. From what I've seen this season I'd play Max & Godden together, and give them a run.
As for Baka - Time is up I am afraid.

I'd be quite happy to keep Biamou as a 4th choice striker. He's cheap and he's happy to do it. You'd do well to find another player who's willing to do the same.

What I find grievance with is when posters try to claim that Biamou should start week in week out when he's simply not good enough to do that over the course of a season.

Users who are viewing this thread