Max v Baka (3 Viewers)

Who’s your man

• Total voters

Sick Boy

I want the same. You seem to think that anyone who thinks differently than you about Biamou puts him above the club. Not true.
Nonsense but some of the comments on him are way over the top and those posters seem to go missing when vitriol is aimed at other players. That's not to mention the over the top emotive nonsense that gets spouted that if you want to improve upon him it equates to hating him or not wanting him to do well, it is really quite strange.

Evo1883

I mean I understand Grendel dislikes biamou...but there's threads made every time he scores or threads bumped to remind Grendel that max has scored... He's scored 11 league goals in almost 70 appearances, at what point EVER does that warrant the gushing?

Evo1883

For context... It's the same amount of league goals as the other bloke being discussed on this thread that none of our fans give a shit about... It's absolutely strange behaviour

Our fans cannot wait for Baka to fuck up, so they can destroy him on here and other social platforms, yet biamou cost us the game at forest, missed sitters against Watford and forest and nobody... Bat's... An... Eyelid

Evo1883

Apart from all that though, I don't mind him.. I think I even gave him MOTM on Saturday
giphy.gif

Last edited:

cov donkey kick

Baka will only have potential as don't think he knows how to channel it.
Max understands what he's got and is able to get over his lack of true quality with determination will to win and perserverence.
So max for me.

Last edited:

wingy

For context... It's the same amount of league goals as the other bloke being discussed on this thread that none of our fans give a shit about... It's absolutely strange behaviour

Our fans cannot wait for Baka to fuck up, so they can destroy him on here and other social platforms, yet biamou cost us the game at forest, missed sitters against Watford and forest and nobody... Bat's... An... Eyelid
Give over now, that is illogical.🤗

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Apart from all that though, I don't mind him.. I think I even gave him MOTM on Saturday
giphy.gif
This is 100% it. I also would have given him Man of the Match on Saturday, really thought he was great and probably his best all round performance for us. On the flip side of that though, you speak to certain people and after one good game, it's like he's Messi. To be totally honest, I can't be bothered to read the entire thread so may well have been discussed already but on this weeks Sky Blues Extra, one of the guys said 'Bakayoko's best ever game isn't as good as Biamous worst game for us'. Genuinely couldn't believe my ears. It's this level of praise that makes the whole thing so cringe. It's the most depressingly budget Cov version of Messi v Ronaldo, which in itself makes me want to combust.

Grendel

Would be interested to know how many of those 70 are starts, and to know the stats after he scored his first goal. i remember he went ages without scoring his first.

He has also scored goals off the bench - at least 3 of his 5 in league 2 were off the bench

Irish Sky Blue

I would think the stats you quote for Biamou are for appearances be they 90 minutes or 2 minutes. The goals you quote don't, for some reason, include FA Cup and I presume., Play offs. Why not?
McNulty scored 27 goals in the promotion season. I have never seen some of those goals sifted out as they were FA Cup goals against non league teams.
Shame for Bennett, Houchen and Gary Mabbutt if FA Cup goals no longer count.
The real stat. that counts is his goals per minute as I think you will agree, it is hard for him to score a goal in the 88 minutes he is not on the field when he is an 88th minute sub.
Fans have opinions about players. I don't rate Baka that highly. However, I have seen him have good games, particularly as a two up front and I really want him to do well. I don't understand why anyone would want any different. I wouldn't produce numerous posts on Baka giving him luke warm support for a Mom performance and then also say his days are numbered as has happened with Max. You're right, we should always be looking for better and to improve (something I am sure Robins does) but that applies to every player not just Max or Baka.
You mentioned Baka, but I think some posters respond with an element of glee when Biamou makes a mistake or misses a chance. One poster last year was mocking him straight after his hat trick against Southampton U23s. He scored 3 goals for our club which won us the game, why mock him.
If you want to see vitriol aimed at one of our own players, have a look at the Forest march thread and the comments aimed at Biamou. His pass was awful, it was a horrendous mistake, I can understand the upset. Mc Fadzean also contributed to that penalty, O'Hare cost us the game at Watford, Rose the Blackburn game. All three took stick, but not to the same degree as Max even though those mistakes also lost us games. Ironically, he had played very well in that Forest game.
All about opinions but the only sitter I think he has missed was the header at Watford. Even in that game a poster was insisting that his assist for Walker was a lucky piece of mis control (absolute rubbish if you look back at it).
It seems to me that because opinions of Max were formed 3 or 4 years ago, some posters find it hard to change, even when the evidence perhaps suggests that he is a better player than they at first thought.

Evo1883

I would think the stats you quote for Biamou are for appearances be they 90 minutes or 2 minutes. The goals you quote don't, for some reason, include FA Cup and I presume., Play offs. Why not?
McNulty scored 27 goals in the promotion season. I have never seen some of those goals sifted out as they were FA Cup goals against non league teams.
Shame for Bennett, Houchen and Gary Mabbutt if FA Cup goals no longer count.
The real stat. that counts is his goals per minute as I think you will agree, it is hard for him to score a goal in the 88 minutes he is not on the field when he is an 88th minute sub.
Fans have opinions about players. I don't rate Baka that highly. However, I have seen him have good games, particularly as a two up front and I really want him to do well. I don't understand why anyone would want any different. I wouldn't produce numerous posts on Baka giving him luke warm support for a Mom performance and then also say his days are numbered as has happened with Max. You're right, we should always be looking for better and to improve (something I am sure Robins does) but that applies to every player not just Max or Baka.
You mentioned Baka, but I think some posters respond with an element of glee when Biamou makes a mistake or misses a chance. One poster last year was mocking him straight after his hat trick against Southampton U23s. He scored 3 goals for our club which won us the game, why mock him.
If you want to see vitriol aimed at one of our own players, have a look at the Forest march thread and the comments aimed at Biamou. His pass was awful, it was a horrendous mistake, I can understand the upset. Mc Fadzean also contributed to that penalty, O'Hare cost us the game at Watford, Rose the Blackburn game. All three took stick, but not to the same degree as Max even though those mistakes also lost us games. Ironically, he had played very well in that Forest game.
All about opinions but the only sitter I think he has missed was the header at Watford. Even in that game a poster was insisting that his assist for Walker was a lucky piece of mis control (absolute rubbish if you look back at it).
It seems to me that because opinions of Max were formed 3 or 4 years ago, some posters find it hard to change, even when the evidence perhaps suggests that he is a better player than they at first thought.

Actually, my opinion went the other way of max... Started off over rating him, then went the other way to... We can do better.

But as I said, he plays I support him... Simple

Interesting fact... I had attended every single game biamou has played in the league up until this season ... Home and away.

I only judge players as I see them

Grendel

I mean I understand Grendel dislikes biamou...but there's threads made every time he scores or threads bumped to remind Grendel that max has scored... He's scored 11 league goals in almost 70 appearances, at what point EVER does that warrant the gushing?

I don’t dislike him I just think the over the top reaction is just absurd and embarrassing for someone whose been pretty average over his time. He’s just a modern Keith Houchen - comparisons made to other players like Regis are when I switch off

Irish Sky Blue

Nonsense but some of the comments on him are way over the top and those posters seem to go missing when vitriol is aimed at other players. That's not to mention the over the top emotive nonsense that gets spouted that if you want to improve upon him it equates to hating him or not wanting him to do well, it is really quite strange.
I'm not sure what is nonsense. I don't agree with any vitriolic comments. It doesn't mean you can't criticise a player and say why you think they are poor. In Baka's case I just don't think that he imposes himself enough in games, doesn't use the natural attri utes he undoubtably has to his full advantage.
To say Baka is 'shit' Biamou is a 'pub player' is factually wrong and unnecessary.

Ccfcisparks

He has also scored goals off the bench - at least 3 of his 5 in league 2 were off the bench
Yes very true. His goalscoring record has improved in the last season or two. It is certainly better than a lot of strikers who are remembered fondly on this forum. Biamou is a good player without being exceptional.

Evo1883

Yes very true. His goalscoring record has improved in the last season or two. It is certainly better than a lot of strikers who are remembered fondly on this forum. Biamou is a good player without being exceptional.

To answer your question 38 starts 31 sub appearances

Irish Sky Blue

Actually, my opinion went the other way of max... Started off over rating him, then went the other way to... We can do better.

But as I said, he plays I support him... Simple

Interesting fact... I had attended every single game biamou has played in the league up until this season ... Home and away.

I only judge players as I see them
Just like me. Only game I missed seeing him play was Ipswich away in the cup last season. Apparently he had a stormer. The things I say are only based on what I see.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm not sure what is nonsense. I don't agree with any vitriolic comments. It doesn't mean you can't criticise a player and say why you think they are poor. In Baka's case I just don't think that he imposes himself enough in games, doesn't use the natural attri utes he undoubtably has to his full advantage.
To say Baka is 'shit' Biamou is a 'pub player' is factually wrong and unnecessary.

Robins was prepared to bomb Max out in the summer and it purely seems to have been a case of other sides not wanting him enough that kept him here. To be fair since then he has made the most of the opportunity but it isn’t by Robins’ intent that he’s still here.

Evo1883

Just like me. Only game I missed seeing him play was Ipswich away in the cup last season. Apparently he had a stormer. The things I say are only based on what I see.

So you will remember the endless sitters missed in league 2...the below average performances in league 1... Or do you just remember the playoffs and the Cup?

Sick Boy

I just want the club to evolve, but for some it means that I hate a certain player, it’s really bizarre.
It’s also highly likely that Robins agrees that we will need to improve and will let both leave if we stay up...

Ccfcisparks

Just done the number crunching and by my calculations in all competitions Biamou has 8 goals in 44 games off the bench and 15 goals in 43 when starting.

When starting that is not a bad figure, 1 in 3. Granted its usually against lower level opposition.

Irish Sky Blue

I don’t dislike him I just think the over the top reaction is just absurd and embarrassing for someone whose been pretty average over his time. He’s just a modern Keith Houchen - comparisons made to other players like Regis are when I switch off
You described him as useless in the Forest thread.
I'm sure if someone wanted to scroll through your comments on him over the years it would show that, as a player, he is someone you have been disparaging of to say the least.
It was good to see you were able to appreciate his performance on Saturday.

Brighton Sky Blue

I just want the club to evolve, but for some it means that I hate a certain player, it’s really bizarre.
It’s also highly likely that Robins agrees that we will need to improve and will let both leave if we stay up...

As above he was very willing for Max to go this summer.

Brighton Sky Blue

You described him as useless in the Forest thread.
I'm sure if someone wanted to scroll through your comments on him over the years it would show that, as a player, he is someone you have been disparaging of to say the least.
It was good to see you were able to appreciate his performance on Saturday.

That game was...not his best. Saturday was his best in a City shirt yet.

Grendel

Just done the number crunching and by my calculations in all competitions Biamou has 8 goals in 44 games off the bench and 15 goals in 43 when starting.

When starting that is not a bad figure, 1 in 3. Granted its usually against lower level opposition.

It also includes goals against U23 sides I assume in the cup?

Johhny Blue

Kyle was a panic signing by Adams. Very overpriced for sure. Didn’t fit our system. But you can’t blame the player for Adams paying such a ridiculous fee and wages. And whatever your view of Kyle - lack of effort was not something he could be charged with.
Lack of effort is exactly why he’s rock bottom on my list of past players

Irish Sky Blue

So you will remember the endless sitters missed in league 2...the below average performances in league 1... Or do you just remember the playoffs and the Cup?
No, I remember the league games too. While it took him a while to get going with regards to goal scoring, I actually think his overall play improved quite dramatically from the useless display he gave against Blackburn in his first performance.
With regard to League 1, I thought he started off quite well against Scunthorpe and was then injured very early on at Blackpool. He then came on as sub against Bolton the following season but incurred Robins wrath for not holding his position on the left of the attack as instructed. It took him a while to work his way back into Robin's plans. His League 1 career is therefore condensed between October-March last season? I remember his sending off v Accrington and can think of and can name (if asked) some good performances I think he gave. I genuinely can't think of any stinkers.
In a way I believe you betray your view of him by referring to performances 3 years ago.
I think that since getting into the team this season, Forest mistake apart, he has played well and contributed to positive performances. You disagree?

Ccfcisparks

It also includes goals against U23 sides I assume in the cup?
It does. His only start in the EFL trophy was against Southampton u23 where he got his hattrick. The other 3 appearances hes had in the EFL trophy were off the bench against league opposition where he got no goals. It doesn't play much into his stats. If you take out his EFL goals he has 12 in 42 when starting and 8 in 41 off the bench.

SlowerThanPlatt

Both players are limited but Biamou makes the most of his attributes and Bakayoko doesn’t therefore supporters give him more leeway, rightly or wrongly.

Brighton Sky Blue

Kyle was a panic signing by Adams. Very overpriced for sure. Didn’t fit our system. But you can’t blame the player for Adams paying such a ridiculous fee and wages. And whatever your view of Kyle - lack of effort was not something he could be charged with.

He admitted that he pissed his Cov wages up a wall

Evo1883

No, I remember the league games too. While it took him a while to get going with regards to goal scoring, I actually think his overall play improved quite dramatically from the useless display he gave against Blackburn in his first performance.
With regard to League 1, I thought he started off quite well against Scunthorpe and was then injured very early on at Blackpool. He then came on as sub against Bolton the following season but incurred Robins wrath for not holding his position on the left of the attack as instructed. It took him a while to work his way back into Robin's plans. His League 1 career is therefore condensed between October-March last season? I remember his sending off v Accrington and can think of and can name (if asked) some good performances I think he gave. I genuinely can't think of any stinkers.
In a way I believe you betray your view of him by referring to performances 3 years ago.
I think that since getting into the team this season, Forest mistake apart, he has played well and contributed to positive performances. You disagree?

My view of biamou is based on what I've saw over the whole 3 years, he played well against Rotherham and fully deserves praise for that... He doesn't play that well often

Evo1883

Both players are limited but Biamou makes the most of his attributes and Bakayoko doesn’t therefore supporters give him more leeway, rightly or wrongly.

I dont disagree anymore, my point is we need to look at getting better than both in the summer if we can

Users who are viewing this thread