Max Chomping at the bit (1 Viewer)

DannyThomas_1981

I really don't get all the hate for Max. He scored some important goals for us and looks like he tries to give 100% when he does get game time.

Yes he is not perfect but at this level finding someone is. Look at Vardy for example he played conference football till he was 25. (im not saying max is the next Vardy) so not really sure you can judge him on his League 1 ability when he has planed so few games.

Maybe let the lad actually play some football before writing him off.

The same people who constantly moan about him I bet are the same people who jumped up and down going mental when he scored that overhead in the play off semi.

I agree with every word of this. I think the hate though is mostly limited to a couple of the more 'controversial' posters on here - and thankfully they are not a reflection of our wider support.

Grendel

He was fabulous Christmas with him and Quinn really clicking before Norwich came in for him. Remember beating villa 3-0 and Liverpool 5-1 in consecutive home games

Norwich sold him to us

skybluegod

The FACT remains Robins won’t play him , he can’t get in the squad .

Meanwhile wages are being used , no one wanted him on loan either , apart from being great a selfies he is not offering much apart from a kick about for the team in training .

I cannot understand what all the admiration us for this flash in the pan , yes great on D4 he scored a couple of goals but that was his job which he was poor at over the number of games played , this does not entitle him to some long term payroll pension at CCFC

I repeat he cannot even make the squad

There is a big picture here

It’s the CCFC talk emperors new clothes story !

Ummm he was wanted on loan? Robins and Biamou have both said as much?

BackRoomRummermill

I agree with every word of this. I think the hate though is mostly limited to a couple of the more 'controversial' posters on here - and thankfully they are not a reflection of our wider support.

Can you explain why it’s controversial to question a players ability based on facts oh and thanks for calling me a jerk , you know double standards and all that

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

On the flip side he could play 90 minutes miss a hatful of chances and the general consensus on here would be he is unlucky, needs games etc just because, like Grimmer before, he is exempt from criticism. I personally think he offers something but the overall adoration for him is totally unjustified in my opinion.
This summarises it perfectly for me. Grendel is too far one way, the adoration for him is pretty bizarre. Every Coventry City fan should want him to come back and start banging the goals in but on the basis of watching him a lot of times, I don't see how there's a foundation for that.

lifeskyblue

Can’t see him as anything other than a last 15min sub if we either chasing game and pumping balls forward or if we defending a slender lead and opposition using high balls into the box.
But if robins changes starting formation to a 442 then I can seeing him getting game time alongside Godden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BackRoomRummermill

This summarises it perfectly for me. Grendel is too far one way, the adoration for him is pretty bizarre. Every Coventry City fan should want him to come back and start banging the goals in but on the basis of watching him a lot of times, I don't see how there's a foundation for that.

The problem is there are a far many on here who berated any negativity towards him, it’s all locked in Biamou thread which is not that old , it’s interesting how the love for him is waining and some
Supporters of him disappeared

It’s no different to Burge on here the difference I got dogs abuse for stating the obvious , I take it most are either thick or too young to vote ... or both

shmmeee

The problem is there are a far many on here who berated any negativity towards him, it’s all locked in Biamou thread which is not that old , it’s interesting how the love for him is waining and some

It’s no different to Burge on here the difference I got dogs abuse for stating the obvious , I take it most are either thick or too young to vote ... or both

That would be Burge who went to Sunderland? Not sure you’re helping yourself here.

BackRoomRummermill

That would be Burge who went to Sunderland? Not sure you’re helping yourself here.

Keep on topic will you, its not about Burge stop trying to deflect , Burge an example used , so back to Biamou and how you think he an amazing forward player of Coventry City....

I am all ears

covcity4life

no one has an issue with people not rating biamou

just saying let him prove hes shit like burge before we go crazy lol

burge was shit, most could see that

with biamou its clearly not the same.

shmmeee

Keep on topic will you, its not about Burge stop trying to deflect , Burge an example used , so back to Biamou and how you think he an amazing forward player of Coventry City....

I am all ears

I think he was a good strike partner in L2, I think the jump up technically isn’t huge and I’m interested to see how he partners with Godden if he gets a chance this season.

Covstu

I am all ears
Nice guy syndrome. Regardless of how he performs the fans will love him and they have a perfect bad guy in Baka as he is missing chances

BackRoomRummermill

I think he was a good strike partner in L2, I think the jump up technically isn’t huge and I’m interested to see how he partners with Godden if he gets a chance this season.

The paradox , I agree run him out as cov4life says , but the manager who I defer too has very little faith in him

Hence myself and other learned believe he should be offloaded , no doubt the evil empire of SISU accountants will want to see a performance or eject also and that will be messy for him as he nowhere to really go . I appreciate his efforts but like hundreds of other football players and Andy Thorn they will end up on the nearly made it club

People on here are living in cloud cuckoo land if they believe he has any future at Coventry and the longer it goes on the more stupid it will make them look , especially as ‘ some stated ‘ he was as crap as it has shown to be .

Good with fans though .. really easy if your not actually playing

Just to set the record straight the first time I saw the guy in the flesh in October 2017 I stated he was crap and posted it here so it’s not knee jerk , he has had a good run now CCFC give a proper youngster his pay who deserves it

Users who are viewing this thread