Max Chomping at the bit (1 Viewer)

Grendel

BackRoomRummermill

Sorry Max can chomp and champ at as many bits as he wants but unless there is some terrible situation for the team he wont play in the league, he wont be even the last resort he is not at the standard required. He has had a good run, time to offload him. Doing selfies with fans does not win matches.

DannyThomas_1981

Sorry Max can chomp and champ at as many bits as he wants but unless there is some terrible situation for the team he wont play in the league, he wont be even the last resort he is not at the standard required. He has had a good run, time to offload him. Doing selfies with fans does not win matches.

Is it absolutely a requirement to be a jerk every day of your life? If so you 100% achieve it so well done.

If you had actually watched Max in the final third of the promotion season/know anything about what it takes to be an effective forward partner - you would perhaps have a different view. As has been previously suggested we can't expect Godden to battle against two 6'4 centre backs for 90 minutes in every match - he will certainly need help at certain times. Just as Max created space for McNulty he can do so for Godden when called upon. As a real bonus he also scores great goals at key times.

BackRoomRummermill

Is it absolutely a requirement to be a jerk every day of your life? If so you 100% achieve it so well done.

If you had actually watched Max in the final third of the promotion season/know anything about what it takes to be an effective forward partner - you would perhaps have a different view. As has been previously suggested we can't expect Godden to battle against two 6'4 centre backs for 90 minutes in every match - he will certainly need help at certain times. Just as Max created space for McNulty he can do so for Godden when called upon. As a real bonus he also scores great goals at key times.

He cannot play at this level so your statement is irrelevant. I actually saw him play as well FYI.

You do realise he is being faded out ?

Grendel

I’ve already exploded the urban myth

- he played 2 of the last 8 games
- mcnulty scores as many without him in the team as with with him
- there is no correlation of better results with him in the team
- it’s now a higher league
- he’s at best a one in 6 forward in a lower league
- he’s a number 9 that’s never scored a headed goal against a professional team in a league or cup competition

It’s laughable

DannyThomas_1981

He cannot play at this level so your statement is irrelevant. I actually saw him play as well FYI.

You do realise he is being faded out ?

Quite a statement to make when he hasn't had the opportunity as yet. Max did fantastically well in his first season stepping up from non League to L2. Professional players that I know feel there isn't a huge difference between L1 and L2 so I would say he has a real chance. You do of course agree that Godden will need some help in certain games?

((Most professionals do see a huge difference between L1 and the Championship - I hope that in April/May we are having a debate on which of our players can make that step up!)).

Grendel

Quite a statement to make when he hasn't had the opportunity as yet. Max did fantastically well in his first season stepping up from non League to L2. Professional players that I know feel there isn't a huge difference between L1 and L2 so I would say he has a real chance. You do of course agree that Godden will need some help in certain games?

((Most professionals do see a huge difference between L1 and the Championship - I hope that in April/May we are having a debate on which of our players can make that step up!)).

Doing fantastically well is your opinion not born out by any facts

DannyThomas_1981

- he’s a number 9 that’s never scored a headed goal against a professional team in a league or cup competition

It’s laughable

The only problem with all of that Grendel - is that McNulty loved playing with Max. I would say McNulty is perhaps a better judge of Max's abilities than your bizarre and sometimes honestly desperate stats!

(As a complete aside: One thing I would say Grendel is that although I strongly disagree with you on certain things - I give you credit for never resorting to personal abuse of others on this forum. Seriously kudos to you for that - sets a good example that we could all learn from.)

BackRoomRummermill

Godden seems to be doing OK
The only problem with all of that Grendel - is that McNulty loved playing with Max. I would say McNulty is perhaps a better judge of Max's abilities than your bizarre and sometimes honestly desperate stats!

(As a complete aside: One thing I would say Grendel is that although I strongly disagree with you on certain things - I give you credit for never resorting to personal abuse of others on this forum. Seriously kudos to you for that - sets a good example that we could all learn from.)

Unlike you calling me a jerk eh :?

For that reason alone I disregard anything you ever say

DannyThomas_1981

Doing fantastically well is your opinion not born out by any facts

Come on be fair!! Stepping up from non League - do you know how difficult that is! Becoming McNulty's favoured strike partner in his first season. Scoring stunning goals. The all important game winning performance at County away. I would say if we are being in any way fair and balanced, Max had a fantastic first season in stepping up.

Grendel

The mcnulty comment was an interview asking him what he though about Biamou. What’s he actuality going to say - come on. I thing he’s being phased out the squad

DannyThomas_1981

The mcnulty comment was an interview asking him what he though about Biamou. What’s he actuality going to say - come on. I thing he’s being phased out the squad

I might just have some inside knowledge on this Grendel. McNulty seriously loved playing with Max.

Grendel

I might just have some inside knowledge on this Grendel. McNulty seriously loved playing with Max.

But the stats with or without him are the same. In the end even with the most wildly optimistic view he’s a one in six striker at the level below.

There must be some gap between the levels - I don’t see McNulty getting 27 at this level - sentiment isn’t a word in football- he’s not a player who I could see at this level at all. I think fans have been kind to him and a lot more forgiving than they have with others who’ve actually had a better record

BackRoomRummermill

But the stats with or without him are the same. In the end even with the most wildly optimistic view he’s a one in six striker at the level below.

There must be some gap between the levels - I don’t see McNulty getting 27 at this level - sentiment isn’t a word in football- he’s not a player who I could see at this level at all. I think fans have been kind to him and a lot more forgiving than they have with others who’ve actually had a better record

Agreed
As much as I admired McNulty he could not survive at Reading FC. He is back in L1 and not especially anything special, its all about league levels.
Which leaves Biamou where he belongs … not even in the squad

BackRoomRummermill

So I think what you are saying BackRoom - is that you really want to see one of our players fail on the pitch? I can only shake my head in despair.

No I never said he would fail did I ? I said....

I would also like to see him come on so it can be put to bed his capability at this level.

Oh btw stop calling people jerks its not clever

Stop shaking your head.

Grendel

Or...

He was special when he had an effective partner.

Yeah I’m sure he and Biamou at Reading would make them premier league contenders - you continue to be the gift that never stops giving

Grendel

to be fair you said we are relegation fodder this season without hiwulla and only good enoguh for 15th with him

Before we signed Godden, O Hare and Walsh or after?

BackRoomRummermill

Before we signed Godden, O Hare and Walsh or after?

Lets get biamou on the pitch, enter the arena … but he wont as even Robins knows he is not capable AT THIS LEVEL which is what I and others have said.

the injured thing is bollocks as he has played U23 no mark matches

He is good for a selfie though

hill83

HQCkr8p.png
Groundhog Day

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Backroom - everyone is entitled to have an opinion on the plaers - it's why we're here - but you just seem to enjoy being particularly derogatory about Biamou almost to the point of being nasty. So maybe then people come back a bit stronger the other way as a defence. It's arguably not what you say - it's the way you say it.

BackRoomRummermill

Backroom - everyone is entitled to have an opinion on the plaers - it's why we're here - but you just seem to enjoy being particularly derogatory about Biamou almost to the point of being nasty. So maybe then people come back a bit stronger the other way as a defence. It's arguably not what you say - it's the way you say it.

My opinion of Max Biamou has not changed, when people insult me like the person Danny Thomas 1981 and then go on to say to other posters how its good not to insult people reads double standards,
I have not insulted anyone on their opinions

Also the back peddling will come of the people claiming he is the next Pele I have that one ready from a previous thread,

But insults...

It reads to me they are retarded in some way

larry_david

It’s laughable

Hate to be picky but...his first goal for us was headed.

Grendel

Already pointed this out to him. Presume he is trying to say WBA u21 aren’t professional.

Correct - still waiting for your response to the 9 goals in 30 starts drivel.

covcity4life

Hes the giroud to mcnuktys griezeman

We are doing fine without 2 upfront but if ever needed lets give max a chance to do it again

Users who are viewing this thread