Max Chomping at the bit (2 Viewers)

covboy1987

There are dozens of strikers over the years that have suddenly clicked after a slow start two at random one called Alan shearer 23 goals in 118 games for Southampton - Ian Muir 5 clubs 3 goals to start then 142 goals in 314 games for Tranmere -
Everyone seems to have divided opinion on Max - I think Max knows where the goal is and with the right players around him and the right fans giving him confidence we may have a gem

cc84cov

I personally like Max I don’t think he’s got 20 goals a season in him but he offers the link up play Godden would thrive off as did McNulty & for me Godden is far superior to McNulty

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Max is that sort of support striker like Rosario who does a lot for other people to benefit from that often goes unnoticed. He's a spectacular rather than clinical striker but I do think I'd feel slightly more confident of him scoring than Baka. Unfortunately as we only play one up front that doesn't work in his favour.

Should we ever have to call on him because Godden isn't available he'd probably be used more at trying to create opportunities for the two other forwards while making a nuisance of himself in the box to create space. But if Godden wasn't available I'd think Hiwula would probably go central with O'Hare in the inside forward position.

Grendel

Max is that sort of support striker like Rosario who does a lot for other people to benefit from that often goes unnoticed. He's a spectacular rather than clinical striker but I do think I'd feel slightly more confident of him scoring than Baka. Unfortunately as we only play one up front that doesn't work in his favour.

Should we ever have to call on him because Godden isn't available he'd probably be used more at trying to create opportunities for the two other forwards while making a nuisance of himself in the box to create space. But if Godden wasn't available I'd think Hiwula would probably go central with O'Hare in the inside forward position.

Yeah Rosario who even laughs at himself as how rubbish he was

Grendel

There are dozens of strikers over the years that have suddenly clicked after a slow start two at random one called Alan shearer 23 goals in 118 games for Southampton - Ian Muir 5 clubs 3 goals to start then 142 goals in 314 games for Tranmere -
Everyone seems to have divided opinion on Max - I think Max knows where the goal is and with the right players around him and the right fans giving him confidence we may have a gem

There we have it - An 18 year old Alan Shearer in the top flight compared to a 29 year old Maxime Biamou in the bottom flight

DannyThomas_1981

My opinion of Max Biamou has not changed, when people insult me like the person Danny Thomas 1981 and then go on to say to other posters how its good not to insult people reads double standards,
I have not insulted anyone on their opinions

Also the back peddling will come of the people claiming he is the next Pele I have that one ready from a previous thread,

But insults...

It reads to me they are retarded in some way

I actually said that in one sense (and perhaps only in one sense!), Grendel sets a good example by not in general being personally abusive. And that I could learn from that. So not exactly sure what your problem is.

I would also say that some on here (Grendel/yourself as particular examples) have very strong opinions and as such you are not always very flexible or open to other views.

Not everything is black and white in terms of the abilities of players (it's sometimes pretty complex in terms of formations/partnerships/style of play/service to the front line/confidence) - but you seem quick to write off and be highly negative about certain individuals and not give them a fair chance.

It's all a matter of opinions on a message board but being open to other views and understanding some complexities in football is not the worst thing in the world.

DannyThomas_1981

Again I think this unfortunately shows your limitations in understanding systems and partnerships and the complexities of the professional game.

Rosario combined well with Ndlovu and Quinn.

(He did not perform well for us in midfield - not sure which manager played him there).

Our season certainly collapsed after he was sold - obviously complex reasons for that as well but the loss of Rosario certainly played a role in that collapse.

Irish Sky Blue

Correct - still waiting for your response to the 9 goals in 30 starts drivel.
Been busy, need to check that Wikipedia got it right. As always if wrong, happy to apologise. I will use another source to check. His goals tally is certainly correct so maybe only half drivel if the 30 starts stat is wrong.
Incidentally, it would be interesting to know your definition of a professional footballer. To me it is someone who is paid to play the game on a full time basis. If you were in that WBA u21 team then you would certainly have been someone paid to play football, in other words a professional.
In your world McNulty did not score 27 that season as some of his goals were against a non-league team. As they were only semi-pro theses goals for McNulty would have even less value for you than the one Biamou scored?

DannyThomas_1981

I think the reality is that even if Max scores a 10 minute hat trick in his return to the team including a Houchen type header, a Rooney style bicycle kick from the edge of the area and a rocket back heel from the half way line......................
...........Grendel will still find something random to fault.....
........most likely along the lines of Max failing to solve world peace/finding a cure for cancer during the half time team talk :)

Garryb80

I think the reality is that even if Max scores a 10 minute hat trick in his return to the team including a Houchen type header, a Rooney style bicycle kick from the edge of the area and a rocket back heel from the half way line......................
...........Grendel will still find something random to fault.....
........most likely along the lines of Max failing to solve world peace/finding a cure for cancer during the half time team talk :)
On the flip side he could play 90 minutes miss a hatful of chances and the general consensus on here would be he is unlucky, needs games etc just because, like Grimmer before, he is exempt from criticism. I personally think he offers something but the overall adoration for him is totally unjustified in my opinion.

covboy1987

There we have it - An 18 year old Alan Shearer in the top flight compared to a 29 year old Maxime Biamou in the bottom flight

Age is irrelevant its who you play with and what confidence you have - You could argue that Max is now in his prime as a striker - everyone has an opinion and I think Max will get in the team and stay there at some point

Irish Sky Blue

Grendel

Been busy, need to check that Wikipedia got it right. As always if wrong, happy to apologise. I will use another source to check. His goals tally is certainly correct so maybe only half drivel if the 30 starts stat is wrong.
Incidentally, it would be interesting to know your definition of a professional footballer. To me it is someone who is paid to play the game on a full time basis. If you were in that WBA u21 team then you would certainly have been someone paid to play football, in other words a professional.
In your world McNulty did not score 27 that season as some of his goals were against a non-league team. As they were only semi-pro theses goals for McNulty would have even less value for you than the one Biamou scored?

My point was you were trying to say he scored 9 in 30 starts which sounds fairly impressive.

He didn’t as 3 of them were from the bench

jordan210

I really don't get all the hate for Max. He scored some important goals for us and looks like he tries to give 100% when he does get game time.

Yes he is not perfect but at this level finding someone is. Look at Vardy for example he played conference football till he was 25. (im not saying max is the next Vardy) so not really sure you can judge him on his League 1 ability when he has planed so few games.

Maybe let the lad actually play some football before writing him off.

The same people who constantly moan about him I bet are the same people who jumped up and down going mental when he scored that overhead in the play off semi.

Last edited:

hill83

The same people who constantly moan about him I bet are the same people who jumped up and down going metal when he scored that overhead in the play off semi.

SoreAnchoredIrishwaterspaniel-size_restricted.gif

Irish Sky Blue

My point was you were trying to say he scored 9 in 30 starts which sounds fairly impressive.

He didn’t as 3 of them were from the bench
I think that you are wriggling a bit. The fact is that in his first season in the league, Biamou started 30 games in all competitions. He came of the bench 27 times, a lot of those for very limited minutes. He scored 9 goals. His first goal was a header. He scored two goals oin a really high pressure game that helped us to get promoted. All of these are facts that you can't really argue with. His goals per minutes on the pitch, particularly after his first goal, must be fairly impressive.

covcity4life

I think that you are wriggling a bit. The fact is that in his first season in the league, Biamou started 30 games in all competitions. He came of the bench 27 times, a lot of those for very limited minutes. He scored 9 goals. His first goal was a header. He scored two goals oin a really high pressure game that helped us to get promoted. All of these are facts that you can't really argue with. His goals per minutes on the pitch, particularly after his first goal, must be fairly impressive.
yeah

look the jurys out on wether max can make it in league 1. but lets see him play and get the definitive answer rather than just guessing

Grendel

is it? you said 9 goals from 30 starts is fairly impressive

so 6 from 27 must be too?
and the sub goals dont lose any value either

It’s 6 from 30 what are you on about?

Grendel

I’m wriggling? Soon we will only be able to show stats of games he scored in

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Two scenarios.

1. Two strikers are playing for themselves and just trying to score goals themselves rather than looking up to see if there's a better option and thus shoot when it's barely a half chance.Player A scores 5 goals and Player B scores 5 goals.

2. Two strikers are playing for the team and trying to create the best chance possible to score overall. Player A scores 2 goals. Player B scores 10 goals.

Which is better? That is what Rosario did. He had massive limitations as a footballer, like Max does. But Quinn benefited massively from the other stuff he did.

covcity4life

It’s 6 from 30 what are you on about?
ok

regardless 9 goals in promoted team, he played his part be it with vital goals or helping his strike partner

no one is asking for him to start but if godden is to be subbed off give max a go as baka isnt taking his chances right now as much i would love him too

you want max gone thats fine, but worth giving him a shot whilst he is here if baka isnt performing?

Grendel

Two scenarios.

1. Two strikers are playing for themselves and just trying to score goals themselves rather than looking up to see if there's a better option and thus shoot when it's barely a half chance.Player A scores 5 goals and Player B scores 5 goals.

2. Two strikers are playing for the team and trying to create the best chance possible to score overall. Player A scores 2 goals. Player B scores 10 goals.

Which is better? That is what Rosario did. He had massive limitations as a footballer, like Max does. But Quinn benefited massively from the other stuff he did.

Rosario was switched to midfield pretty soon after Quinn arrived. We played Williams, Ndlouvu and Quinn with Rosario is some odd midfield area behind them

BackRoomRummermill

The FACT remains Robins won’t play him , he can’t get in the squad .

Meanwhile wages are being used , no one wanted him on loan either , apart from being great a selfies he is not offering much apart from a kick about for the team in training .

I cannot understand what all the admiration us for this flash in the pan , yes great on D4 he scored a couple of goals but that was his job which he was poor at over the number of games played , this does not entitle him to some long term payroll pension at CCFC

I repeat he cannot even make the squad

There is a big picture here

It’s the CCFC talk emperors new clothes story !

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

The FACT remains Robins won’t play him , he can’t get in the squad .

Meanwhile wages are being used , no one wanted him on loan either , apart from being great a selfies he is not offering much apart from a kick about for the team in training .

I cannot understand what all the admiration us for this flash in the pan , yes great on D4 he scored a couple of goals but that was his job which he was poor at over the number of games played , this does not entitle him to some long term payroll pension at CCFC

I repeat he cannot even make the squad

There is a big picture here

It’s the CCFC talk emperors new clothes story !

He was in the squad at Oxford

Users who are viewing this thread