Matty James (2 Viewers)

Opinion on James

• Class. Should be signed if possible in the summer

Votes: 217 90.8%
  • Average. He flatters to decieve and we shouldn’t necessarily sign him in the summer

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Poor, stay away in the Summer

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters

Esoterica

Really wasn’t keen on him for the first 2-3 months but seems he’s now much more settled in the system and I’d definitely be looking to bring him in permanently next season.
I think he was actually lacking a lot of 90 minute match fitness when he came here after his long term injury issues and then used conservatively at Barnsley where he was getting subbed off after an hour. When he joined us I thought he was at a different level technically to most of our team but coasting through games. My feeling is he was playing at 80% for 90 minutes to get himself through and in the last month we're seeing the real him every week.

Hobo

Decent player, better than Kelly, lacks the leadership so we’d need to find it probably at CB instead if we signed him.
I think he has shown a lot of leadership. He is a have a quiet word in a players ear type of player. Settled Wilson down early in one recent game re distribution.

There are different types of leader. But agree we need one at CB to replace McFadz.

Magwitch1

Matty James is a good player anyone who says he isn’t need to look at themselves imo. still only 29 got three years in him yet & has hopefully showed us his injury problems are behind him. He is versatile too, we have a number of youngsters likely to be knocking the first team door soon his experience with them should be vital.

better days

I think he has shown a lot of leadership. He is a have a quiet word in a players ear type of player. Settled Wilson down early in one recent game re distribution.

There are different types of leader. But agree we need one at CB to replace McFadz.
That's what I've heard
Been a very positive influence around the club

Hobo

I think signing James would be a bit of a statement. It may help other targets to decide to join the club.

D

Deleted member 11652

I was critical of the signing in January not because of his ability just because it wasn’t the signing we needed. I think if he doesn’t stay next year, the signing will have been a disaster but I can accept that he may have been too good a player to turn down if the plan is for him to remain permanently. Now that we are safe, that gamble will have paid off.

If Sheaf, Kelly or Hamer aren’t to be here next here, James will be a very good signing.

Grendel

I hope we get the treatment table ready in his name

PVA

He's brilliant and has been the best midfielder, and arguably best player overall, since he signed.

Imagine thinking he flatters to deceive. Glad to see that the vast majority can see what he brings.

Grendel

He's brilliant and has been the best midfielder, and arguably best player overall, since he signed.

Imagine thinking he flatters to deceive. Glad to see that the vast majority can see what he brings.

Didnt You say Hamer was the best player weve had here for years and will be in the Premiership next season?

Hertsccfc

I agree. Without him we would have been in trouble. Such an importantsigning. This is the quality of player we need if we want to progress.

Grendel

No I did not.

Didn't you say Robins is a clown and should be sacked?

Weren’t you the one who said he’s brilliant and only surpassed by Liam Walsh who was phenomenal? I think it’s the London bloke who did the £15m thing - you said £5m I think?

PVA

Weren’t you the one who said he’s brilliant and only surpassed by Liam Walsh who was phenomenal? I think it’s the London bloke who did the £15m thing - you said £5m I think?

What the absolute fuck are you on about.

He was brilliant at the start of the season but I've been downplaying him most of the season after people were getting giddy saying he's worth £15m.

You ignored my question - didn't you call Robins a clown who should be sacked?

Didn't you say James flatters to deceive?

You also said Ostigard is poor.

You even said James Maddison wasn't worth much in a thread that was bumped the other day.

For someone who likes to come across all superior with your opinions you are absolutely fucking clueless 😂

Last edited:

Grendel

What the absolute fuck are you on about.

He was brilliant at the start of the season but I've been downplaying him most of the season after people were getting giddy saying he's worth £15m.

You ignored my question - didn't you call Robins a clown who should be sacked?

Didn't you say James flatters to deceive?

You also said Ostigard is poor.

You even said James Maddison wasn't worth much in a thread that was bumped the other day.

For someone who likes to come across all superior with your opinions you are absolutely fucking clueless 😂

Eh I never said any of those things?

Grendel

I genuinely wouldn’t sign him - we will so let’s see

Grendel

You don't like him? You should have mentioned before.

He’s an expensive player in an area where we can find other solutions. We need a goalkeeper a forward and at least one centre halve of quality - maybe 2

Grendel

Will you admit he does more than flatter to deceive though.

I think over the course of every game he’s played no - I’ve never said he’s not a good player I’ve said his impact versus other options is marginal and I suspect he will want a significant pay cheque

Users who are viewing this thread