Transfer Rumour Matty James (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Off at a tangent but on the subject of set pieces,

Those stats on Hamer posted as part of a comparison of who were the most effective players in the Championship highlighted their importance. A very high part of Hamers 'effectiveness' as they measured it was his contribution from set pieces.

This appeals to us, because we have lacked that for years, but as a desirable asset for a higher club it is of lesser value. They have lots of players who are good at set pieces. The Norwich player they assessed was by far the most effective in open play. It is concievable that the very stats minded clubs higher up the League will notice that as well.

Although I'm not normally averse to selling on players at a good profit, it is central to the club's survival, I would like to hang on to Gustavo the Great for a while given the physical fragility and/or lack of experience in the midfield.

He’s going nowhere in this window and except for a strong bid we might yet hold on to him in the summer.

mark82

yeah good point, especially when the tier system was in place.

If he has a partner and/or kids staying local could be a very big thing in the current climate. For a loan, you aren't wanting to uproot your family so being able to have a relatively short commute to Ryton is probably quite a big deal at the moment.

Londonccfcfan

He’s going nowhere in this window and except for a strong bid we might yet hold on to him in the summer.
He needs (and deserves) a new improved contract ASAP, he will have just 2 years on his contract left in the summer.

Its been an amazing bit of business. According to Boddy the transfer deal was done along similar lines to Chaplin deal, we probably havnt paid anywhere near the 1 million fee yet.

Dont think anyone envisaged at start of season what a bargain he is.

Brighton Sky Blue

He needs (and deserves) a new improved contract ASAP, he will have just 2 years on his contract left in the summer.

Its been an amazing bit of business. According to Boddy the transfer deal was done along similar lines to Chaplin deal, we probably havnt paid anywhere near the 1 million fee yet.

Assuming we stay up sure that will be on people’s minds but would be unwise to do so prematurely

Terry_dactyl

He’s been fantastic alright. I remember when we signed him someone on here, with knowledge of the Dutch league, saying they didn’t know how we’d managed to sign him.

Londonccfcfan

Assuming we stay up sure that will be on people’s minds but would be unwise to do so prematurely
Dont think that would be premature. Dont be surprised if he gets a improved contract soon.

If you have genuine asset worth multiple millions, think you will find most top players worth a huge potential transfer fee wont get anywhere near 2 years left on their contract.

Top young players like Grealish/Maddison/Mount wont ever get to anywhere near 2 seasons left, probably start panicking at 3 years left...obviously Im not comparing Hamer to them, but relatively speaking Hamers value alone is worth at least our seasons total incoming revenue.

shmmeee

Was an outstanding pass, one that he just doesn't attempt anywhere near enough... Is kind of my point.

The fact you can pick out his only true outstanding forward pass, is also kind of the point

Also suggesting there aren't many pros that come cheap that can't do that pass, is also very naive..

Mate, this season I can probably pick out every forward movement the team has made, there’s hardly a lot of them.
we sign players that are under 23 for the first team and under 23s, and the majority play in both sides so they’re getting game time all the time so they’re always ready. They’re pretty much all pushing for first team.

You’ve used the exact same number of players as us: 24. 16 of which have played more than 10 games. What are you on about playing 40 players regularly?

Evo1883

Nothing wrong with that - better than snorting coke, kicking in shop windows, and acting like a billy big b*ll*cks. He's a nice guy.
He is a nice guy, that ofcourse I can't deny him that
Mate, this season I can probably pick out every forward movement the team has made, there’s hardly a lot of them.

You’ve used the exact same number of players as us: 24. 16 of which have played more than 10 games. What are you on about playing 40 players regularly?

Actually we get forward quite alot.. What we do with the ball in the final 3rd is a different argument entirely

shmmeee

He is a nice guy, that ofcourse I can't deny him that

Actually we get forward quite alot.. What we do with the ball in the final 3rd is a different argument entirely

Haha didn’t mean to post that, was a reconsidered comment I’d left in before. Ah well gotta own it now.

Evo1883

Haha didn’t mean to post that, was a reconsidered comment I’d left in before. Ah well gotta own it now.
You make good arguments, 1 or 2 mistakes are bound to happen when you're as tactically gifted mentally as we are 😜

Edit:See I tagged you twice

Sky Blue Harry H

Anybody noticed how much more activity there is on here midweek during lockdown (or am I just imagining it?) !!!

Brighton Sky Blue

Dont think that would be premature. Dont be surprised if he gets a improved contract soon.

If you have genuine asset worth multiple millions, think you will find most top players worth a huge potential transfer fee wont get anywhere near 2 years left on their contract.

Top young players like Grealish/Maddison/Mount wont ever get to anywhere near 2 seasons left, probably start panicking at 3 years left...obviously Im not comparing Hamer to them, but relatively speaking Hamers value alone is worth at least our seasons total incoming revenue.

It’s more the added cost when we could yet go down. Ordinarily would agree

Barnsley

the first team and under 23s play in first team and under 23s, we don’t have loan players so we use both squads, if we get injuries we use players from under 23s as replacements, because they’re ready to go because they’ve been playing together.

Jamesimus

the first team and under 23s play in first team and under 23s, we don’t have loan players so we use both squads, if we get injuries we use players from under 23s as replacements, because they’re ready to go because they’ve been playing together.

If any of our players get injured, we just play with less players.

I feel like we could learn a thing or two from this 'Barnsley model'...

Barnsley

Isn't that what every team does?

not sure, their tends to be a lot of moaning and using squad size as an excuse for failings if they do. With us us their all pushing for first team, we don’t tend to get many injuries but we’re pretty well covered compared to most if we do.

Ccfcisparks

not sure, their tends to be a lot of moaning and using squad size as an excuse for failings if they do. With us us their all pushing for first team, we don’t tend to get many injuries but we’re pretty well covered compared to most if we do.
god i wish i supported a team as well run as Barnsley

Users who are viewing this thread