Transfer Rumour Matty James (1 Viewer)

PVA

Really excited by the sounds of him, but really can’t work out why we’ve gone for him TBH. If this is ahead of a ST/AM it’s madness.

I guess if he's as good as is being made out by the Barnsley fans it's the kind of signing you can't turn down, regardless of whether it's an rea that needs strengthening or not.

And with Kelly being out for a couple of months we did need some reinforcements there.

We do of course need an AM and striker too, no denying that.

shmmeee

2bf we’ll most likely go with James, Sheaf, Hamer and O’Hare behind Biamou for the foreseeable future.

there’s room for him

That assumes no AM/ST, in which case I reiterate that DM shouldn’t have taken priority.

Just a weird signing. He’ll obviously improve us, I just don’t want it to be at the expense of our own young players developing. And I’m not so pessimistic to think we desperately need him to stay up.

unless of course we sign him in the summer.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

That assumes no AM/ST, in which case I reiterate that DM shouldn’t have taken priority.

Just a weird signing. He’ll obviously improve us, I just don’t want it to be at the expense of our own young players developing.
I think the thinking is they’ll push Hamer further forward and allow him to be creative further up the pitch.

we desperately needed a Kelly replacement, and I still think we’ll get a AM (Crowley) or a striker on loan.

SBAndy

Just a weird signing. He’ll obviously improve us, I just don’t want it to be at the expense of our own young players developing. And I’m not so pessimistic to think we desperately need him to stay up.

unless of course we sign him in the summer.

Indeed, it is a bizarre one. Yes, Kelly is injured, but we aren’t quite down to the bare bones and I’d have expected us to bring someone in as cover on a short loan, rather than someone who it seems will start most games. The only thing I can read from this is that we have a chance of picking him up in the summer and MR isn’t sold on Sheaf.

Evo1883

Sorry to drag the conversation backwards. I'm not trying to join in the pile-on, rather just curious how you see the situation. So my question is.....

What do you consider a dangerous area, given we play 1 up front and don't tend to either get many bodies in the box or run beyond the striker? Where would you like him to be passing to that he's not? My perception is that he
Isn't that the point of being a deep lying cdm?
I've moved on... Can't be arsed 🤷

shmmeee

Indeed, it is a bizarre one. Yes, Kelly is injured, but we aren’t quite down to the bare bones and I’d have expected us to bring someone in as cover on a short loan, rather than someone who it seems will start most games. The only thing I can read from this is that we have a chance of picking him up in the summer and MR isn’t sold on Sheaf.

That’s what I’m wondering. Has he decided to leave Sheaf, not sure I want to go into next season with two perennial crocks in n their late 20s at DM no matter how good they are.

Evo1883

750k would cover his wages for a year right?

shmmeee

To be clear he’s absolute quality and a level above what we’ve got. Just makes you wonder what the plan is and if we’re spending that much on a non essential position have we got a surprise coming in attack?

Evo1883

To be clear he’s absolute quality and a level above what we’ve got. Just makes you wonder what the plan is and if we’re spending that much on a non essential position have we got a surprise coming in attack?
If I was to add experience to the team it would be in this sort of role, it's what we should have tried to do in the summer really, add 1 or 2 older heads into the mix...
Wouldn't mind seeing an experienced target man come in now tbh, could be hard to find at this stage of a season though

Users who are viewing this thread