Martyn Waghorn (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

absolutely correct, but they’d rather buy a 22 year old with potential of a resale and develop him and give him championship experience until the end of the season, building up a data profile at that level, before a season in league one where we would be hoping he excels, so we can sell him on. Our owners would rather go down with 3 young signings this month , who can be developed into saleable assets, than stay up with 3 signings that have no resale value. And at 31 in the summer MG has no resale value to us.

Our owners are livestock farmers with footballers.

Im pretty sure they wouldnt give a fuck about resale value if he scored the goals to keep you up.

Which he would

Hypothetically speaking of course

Saddlebrains

You know absolutely nothing about our owners then.

What i do know is that when you buy the likes of David Bremang and Corey Addai off us, and if not for Derby you would be marooned at the bottom yet laud your owners you must have banged your head

Barnsley

What i do know is that when you buy the likes of David Bremang and Corey Addai off us, and if not for Derby you would be marooned at the bottom yet laud your owners you must have banged your head

laud our owners hahaha I think they’re cünts .

Barnsley

Just wondering,but have you ever posted anything,like at all,on your own clubs forum?
On Twitter with the club tagged init a few times, and the owner himself, but I’m now blocked until April for a few weeks when they’re pushing season tickets, as for our forum it’s not worth reading never mind posting on. Go have a read of it mate it sickly.

Grendel

On Twitter with the club tagged init a few times, and the owner himself, but I’m now blocked until April for a few weeks when they’re pushing season tickets, as for our forum it’s not worth reading never mind posting on. Go have a read of it mate it sickly.

You used to be very supportive of the clubs owners

Ccfcisparks

You used to be very supportive of the clubs owners

He was blowing smoke up their arse all last year

Barnsley

He was blowing smoke up their arse all last year
Not the owners I wasn’t, but the plan they’re trying to implement, I still think it’s the right strategy, but they’re shite at implementing it. They’ve got the right idea but they’re not working hard enough to make it work, they’re doing everything half hearted.

clint van damme

Kane, Gyokeres, Moore - good
Maatsen, JCS - fine
Waghorn - meh
Bright - bad

All round I think it’s been a pretty solid year so far, but a club on a budget like ours can’t afford too many misses like Waghorn.

Waghorn was very good before he got injured. Injuries happen, it's great that he's back.

clint van damme

I think he was fine, but you can’t be considered a good signing if you can’t stay on the pitch.

you can't legislate for injuries unless it was something recurring, which I don't believe this was.

SBT

you can't legislate for injuries unless it was something recurring, which I don't believe this was.

No of course not - I’m not calling for anyone’s head, just pointing out he’s been a bust so far. He’s not a bad player for being injured, but he’s not a more affordable or valuable one either.

CDK

Like Fadz Matt godden improves every year it seems and that rest on his Achilles last season he had seems to have him playing a full season fully fit for the first time in a few years and think he will hit 18 goals plus this season.victor also looked back in the zone v posh I thought.

SBT

How many attacking midfielders do you think we could have signed if we’d found someone else to pick up his wages instead of Walker’s last month?

(It’s all hypothetical of course - there isn’t anyone who would take him on his current contract)

Grendel

How many attacking midfielders do you think we could have signed if we’d found someone else to pick up his wages instead of Walker’s last month?

(It’s all hypothetical of course - there isn’t anyone who would take him on his current contract)

he’s been a dud unfortunately

Blind-Faith

Total waste of money after today’s ‘performance’

just when you thought ohare was the worst finisher at the club 🤦🏻‍♂️

steve101

He has hardly played for 4 months. The first one he tried to put through keeper's legs. If the keeper hadn't reacted it would have been a goal. If he had chosen round the keeper he would have been forced wider, unless he tried coming inside on his weaker foot. The header he did well to get in front of his man. Obviously he will be disappointed that he didn't manage to get one of his chances but he wasn't far away from scoring a few.

The Philosopher

He missed a few today. The one against the keeper’s legs was awful. A decent Champ striker would have lifted over / hit round / found angle to move and hit.

There’ll be a few on here making excuses about “being rusty” but sorry, still think he was a bad use of budget.

Users who are viewing this thread