Martyn Waghorn (1 Viewer)

SBT

Most of our transfer activity has been.

Kane, Gyokeres, Moore - good
Maatsen, JCS - fine
Waghorn - meh
Bright - bad

All round I think it’s been a pretty solid year so far, but a club on a budget like ours can’t afford too many misses like Waghorn.

stevefloyd

Got to disagree.

Name me a time Goddens missed a chance in the area you'd expect him to score since hes been here?

I bet you wont find many. Bets finisher we have
There is no questioning his finishing although what does he bring to the party if he is not finishing ?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Kane, Gyokeres, Moore - good
Maatsen, JCS - fine
Waghorn - meh
Bright - bad

All round I think it’s been a pretty solid year so far, but a club on a budget like ours can’t afford too many misses like Waghorn.

I would put JCS in the meh category. Has a few clangers in him and has played only 12 starts, in which he only finished 7 of those games.

Either way, at this level and the budget we are operating on, 3 good signings out of 7 is not great.

Legia Sky Blue

Go on then, which clubs in the Championship would look to sign him?

If we released him for free I could see up to half the clubs in our league being interested in Godden. Not necessarily as a guaranteed starter for sure, but most Championship clubs have 4 or 5 forwards in their squads so I think there would be definite takers.

Ccfcisparks

I would put JCS in the meh category. Has a few clangers in him and has played only 12 starts, in which he only finished 7 of those games.

Either way, at this level and the budget we are operating on, 3 good signings out of 7 is not great.
Can u name a club in the league that has atleast 60% successful signings

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Can u name a club in the league that has atleast 60% successful signings

I´ve got a better idea; why don´t you go through every team and every signing they have made. Line it up with what the fans are saying on their own club forums, and then get back to me.

It isn´t really about other teams. We do not have the money some other clubs can waste. If we are running a tight ship, we need to do it effectively.

slowpoke

Would anyone else fancy giving O'Hare a rest and giving Hamer a go in the 10, fair enough not played there before, but he would certainly add more quality in the final 3rd to find a pass or dig one out himself. Play Sheaf and Allen behind him.
So you think O’Hare should be dropped.

Brighton Sky Blue

Would anyone else fancy giving O'Hare a rest and giving Hamer a go in the 10, fair enough not played there before, but he would certainly add more quality in the final 3rd to find a pass or dig one out himself. Play Sheaf and Allen behind him.

We need him to accelerate the ball up and across the pitch. Maybe someone could remind him he does have a decent shot on him

Sick Boy

Makes me laugh.

People on here slag Godden off, who barely misses chances he gets in the whole 3 years hes been here.

Yet Laud Gyok who cant hit a cows arse with a shovel bar 1 purple patch 4 months ago

Mind bogling
Gyökeres will go on to consistently play at a higher level than Godden throughout his career.

steve cooper

Makes me laugh.

People on here slag Godden off, who barely misses chances he gets in the whole 3 years hes been here.

Yet Laud Gyok who cant hit a cows arse with a shovel bar 1 purple patch 4 months ago

Mind bogling
There's no doubt that Godden is a good finisher, not in my mind anyway, and I think in normal times he would even now be worth more than we paid for him to a top L1 side or a lower to mid table championship side that play the type of football that would suit him. The fact is there is no money around now. He was certainly a bit of a steal at the time we signed him, and price we paid for him.
Do many people slag him off?

Saddlebrains

Ignore him he’s an idiot
There's no doubt that Godden is a good finisher, not in my mind anyway, and I think in normal times he would even now be worth more than we paid for him to a top L1 side or a lower to mid table championship side that play the type of football that would suit him. The fact is there is no money around now. He was certainly a bit of a steal at the time we signed him, and price we paid for him.
Do many people slag him off?

Well look at it on here.

Always a few posters claiming Goddens not good enough.

Some even claim Walker is better ffs

The blokes goals got us promoted from L1 lets not pretend it didnt

And given a solid run in the championship for the first time in his career hes at almost 1 in 2.

Sick Boy

Well look at it on here.

Always a few posters claiming Goddens not good enough.

Some even claim Walker is better ffs

The blokes goals got us promoted from L1 lets not pretend it didnt

And given a solid run in the championship for the first time in his career hes at almost 1 in 2.
At Walker's age Godden was playing in the Conference.

Barnsley

he'd score you loads of goals in League 1 next season.

Makes no difference. He’s doesn’t fit our transfer policy so we wouldn’t sign him, I agree he’d bag an hat full at that level, and I’d take him in a heart beat for next season, but our recruitment committee wouldn’t entertain the thought of signing him for a second.

steve cooper

Makes no difference. He’s doesn’t fit our transfer policy so we wouldn’t sign him, I agree he’d bag an hat full at that level, and I’d take him in a heart beat for next season, but our recruitment committee wouldn’t entertain the thought of signing him for a second.
Stating the obvious, you need someone who can get goals this season. Your top scorer has 4, and a strike rate of 0.18 goals per 90. Your whole squad has only scored double what Godden has got this season.
Try and find a goalscorer with a Championship record of 8 in 16 games or 0.7 goals per 90. for the price you could afford.
He may not fit some idealistic model but someone like Godden could well give you a chance of staying up this season.

stevefloyd

You signed our last reject ;)

Barnsley

Stating the obvious, you need someone who can get goals this season. Your top scorer has 4, and a strike rate of 0.18 goals per 90. Your whole squad has only scored double what Godden has got this season.
Try and find a goalscorer with a Championship record of 8 in 16 games or 0.7 goals per 90. for the price you could afford.
He may not fit some idealistic model but someone like Godden could well give you a chance of staying up this season.

absolutely correct, but they’d rather buy a 22 year old with potential of a resale and develop him and give him championship experience until the end of the season, building up a data profile at that level, before a season in league one where we would be hoping he excels, so we can sell him on. Our owners would rather go down with 3 young signings this month , who can be developed into saleable assets, than stay up with 3 signings that have no resale value. And at 31 in the summer MG has no resale value to us.

Our owners are livestock farmers with footballers.

Users who are viewing this thread