Mark Venus (2 Viewers)

Kingokings204

Still 1-8 with skybet. Looks like he is our man

Chipfat

Ok so because he stayed there, its an indicator that he is here for purely interested in being the manager of our club!!! I hope you are right, but something tells me different. In my opinion he should state his intentions on what position he wants with the club and also state that his private business interests will not interfere or be connected to any future deals or sales the club has.

Sisu need transparency not more cloak and dagger stuff surrounding the club, we have had too much of that admitted by TF last week and in the past.

Nick

Administrator
Ok so because he stayed there, its an indicator that he is here for purely interested in being the manager of our club!!! I hope you are right, but something tells me different. In my opinion he should state his intentions on what position he wants with the club and also state that his private business interests will not interfere or be connected to any future deals or sales the club has.

Sisu need transparency not more cloak and dagger stuff surrounding the club, we have had too much of that admitted by TF last week and in the past.

No it is just saying that it isn't that strange that he has stayed here, he could well be down at Ryton now with a wheelbarrow.

Chipfat

So in your opinion Nick should MV state what position he wants at the club and answer any questions regarding a private development business and the sales of a training ground.

Nick

Administrator
So in your opinion Nick should MV state what position he wants at the club and answer any questions regarding a private development business and the sales of a training ground.

I was the one in the SCG questions (I think it was SCG) who said to ask him about his business and put him on the spot. :)

zuni

Which sycophantic arse wipe clique?
He's not going to SCG again.

sorry my bad, meant in past tense...don't cry into your rice krispies pal. I forget the SCG is the voice of the fans and not a special (for the most part) collection of yes men who feel special because they get to eat at the masters table. Fucking laughable, Rome burns and the concern is focused on trivia

cloughie

The property developer connection coincidence maybe innocent, but it shouldn't be a problem to deny it and cut all speculation.

Otherwise the taste of Richardson and his deals will begin to surface

Wheelfass

The property developer connection coincidence maybe innocent, but it shouldn't be a problem to deny it and cut all speculation.

Otherwise the taste of Richardson and his deals will begin to surface
Exactly.
Enough has now been said / discussed concerning the scenario surrounding Mark Venus and his "un-commissioned" property development company. Also discussed has been his involvement with the Ryton site that is being sold for "property development". That has also been coupled with his board membership of a SISU company and a possible first team Management job at Coventry City - who are of course owned by a SISU company.
It is now time for Mark Venus to stand up and reveal just what his remit is regarding the future of Coventy City Football Club.
I hope he can find a way to reply via whatever channel of communication is left open to him.

mark82

I don't get all the fuss. If he wins football matches I don't care. The level of hysteria on here makes people ridiculously irrational.

Regarding the training ground, I couldn't care less if they sell it as long as it's replaced, preferably with something better. Sport England & Rugby Council have already stated they'd only allow development if an alternative training facility is provided. Need to stop being hysterical and wait to see what plans are put out for a future training ground first.

Venus is on the board of CCFC so will have to be involved in these types of activities on behalf of his employers.

Sky Blue Kid

I don't get all the fuss. If he wins football matches I don't care. The level of hysteria on here makes people ridiculously irrational.

Regarding the training ground, I couldn't care less if they sell it as long as it's replaced, preferably with something better. Sport England & Rugby Council have already stated they'd only allow development if an alternative training facility is provided. Need to stop being hysterical and wait to see what plans are put out for a future training ground first.

Venus is on the board of CCFC so will have to be involved in these types of activities on behalf of his employers.

I think it's only right and proper Venus distances himself from that and concentrate on the footballing side. Leave the business and legals to the lawyers.

Wheelfass

The level of hysteria on here makes people ridiculously irrational.
Regarding the training ground, I couldn't care less if they sell it as long as it's replaced, preferably with something better
There Hasnt been any hysteria on any of these pages, quite the oposite, it has been an open discussion where rational views and concerns have been aired from both angles.
As regards to a replacement for the training ground. According to the local plan - presumably from RBC - the traing ground only needs to be replaced with adequate "pitch" replacement. See quote below.

One significant clause in the local plan is that the training ground could only be replaced with housing “when adequate replacement of pitch provision is made to the satisfaction of Rugby Borough Council and Sport England in accordance with national planning policy.”

Is this hysteria and irrational or is it a cause for concern?

eastwoodsdustman

Irrational. If he wasn't in temporary charge of the team then people wouldn't be on his back. He's having to wear two hats at the minute and I'm sure that if he takes on the managers job then he'll take a back seat on the rest of it. All the Hysterics about him building houses etc FFS I thought we'd learned from that one when we sold Highfield road.

kdp888

Irrational. If he wasn't in temporary charge of the team then people wouldn't be on his back. He's having to wear two hats at the minute and I'm sure that if he takes on the managers job then he'll take a back seat on the rest of it. All the Hysterics about him building houses etc FFS I thought we'd learned from that one when we sold Highfield road.
Ok......if you're sure.
I am sure this will happen

Wheelfass

I am sure this will happen
He may not of course be appointed the full time Manager, we will have to wait for the announcement. But if he is given that position then I hope you are proven correct. It still doesn't change the fact that he owns a property development company and is at present instrumental in the sale of what would appear to be our only fixed asset.

kdp888

He may not of course be appointed the full time Manager, we will have to wait for the announcement. But if he is given that position then I hope you are proven correct. It still doesn't change the fact that he owns a property development company and is at present instrumental in the sale of what would appear to be our only fixed asset.

I am sure that this is all being looked into too much, buying and doing up a couple of properties whilst out of work with friends compared with "supposedly" buying a huge site developing 70 odd houses is very different projects on hugely different scales.

eastwoodsdustman

Were you questioning the previous board when Highfield Road was sold? Maybe he could buy the land and then rent it back to us for a couple of years to cover the purchase price and build and sell when he's ready like others did.
I very much doubt that MV has come into this club with the intention of building up his property portfolio unlike some past board members did. He came here to help Mowbray turn the club around and is at present doing 2/3 peoples work. Give the bloke a break FFS.

Wheelfass

I am sure that this is all being looked into too much, buying and doing up a couple of properties whilst out of work with friends compared with "supposedly" buying a huge site developing 70 odd houses is very different projects on hugely different scales.
Your reasoning is a very simplistic one and you could be correct. However, The portfolio pertaining to his business is actually empty so " buying and doing up a couple of properties whilst out of work with friends" isn't what's happening is it. There is no proof that his company has the franchise to develop the Ryton site and therefore the link is at the moment purely speculative. The company was appointed on 26th August 2015, at a time when he was employed by CCFC.
Any suspicions could be erased with some clarity on the matter from within.

Wheelfass

I very much doubt that MV has come into this club with the intention of building up his property portfolio unlike some past board members did. He came here to help Mowbray turn the club around and is at present doing 2/3 peoples work. Give the bloke a break FFS.
I think you're right and they were very much a partnership for many years. He has the credentials to be successful and I just hope that all of his hard work steers us on to better things.

Manchester_sky_blue

I think its clear Venus has decided he wants the job, he would have ruled himself out of the running by now if he didn't. However, i don't think that automatically means SISU will give it to him. The more matches he wins though the harder it will be to give it to anyone else.

rupert_bear

Apparently been given the job " until further notice " So, what does that mean and why. Does he stay on until there is wobble regarding results, will he be allowed to bring in non contract available players. Is he here "until further notice" a sign sisu might be baleing out so not giving contracts they might have to honour or despite lists of potential managers because of how our owners run the place they can't get anyone.

Nick

Administrator
Apparently been given the job " until further notice " So, what does that mean and why. Does he stay on until there is wobble regarding results, will he be allowed to bring in non contract available players. Is he here "until further notice" a sign sisu might be baleing out so not giving contracts they might have to honour or despite lists of potential managers because of how our owners run the place they can't get anyone.

It means he is still the temporary manager, same as he was yesterday.

Warwickhunt

Why hasn't he been given the job full time? Is the man they want unavailable or is this another cost cutting exercise before they put the club up for sale?
and does he really really want it? i think he is happier upstairs and will do it in the interim

Users who are viewing this thread