Mark Venus (3 Viewers)

Chipfat

good move

by january we will know if hes good enough manager or not

By January!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this move, is not a good move made by decision makers thinking about football this was the only decision to be made that fitted the business model. Sisu do nothing by planning, thinking or strategy regarding the green bit. It really was the only move Sisu would of made, they are wishing on a star now that MV works out!! as i said before this is not going to be a happy ending.

chiefdave

If things don't improve I'd be looking to get the permanent appointment in in the first couple of weeks in December so he can have a look at the squad before the window opens.

Knowing the way we do things we'll probably appoint someone the day after it closes.

Grendel

doesn't really matter what we think, he is here until Jan, so will have more games than TM in charge this season

If we lose the next two or three on the bounce he will be gone.

In fact if Mowbray gets another job he will probably follow him anyway.

Captain Dart

By January!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this move, is not a good move made by decision makers thinking about football this was the only decision to be made that fitted the business model. Sisu do nothing by planning, thinking or strategy regarding the green bit. It really was the only move Sisu would of made, they are wishing on a star now that MV works out!! as i said before this is not going to be a happy ending.

I wouldn't have thought so either, if they are going to bring someone in they need to be in place before the transfer window opens. So a better strategy would be to review the situation in mid November with a view to a change in mid December if necessary.

rupert_bear

Squeaky bum time ahead one defeat and poor old Venus is up against it, being a board member of just about the most disfunctional board in football isn't going to do him any favours.

trevelfarandwide

Because he put himself up there, voluntarily, in the firing line without knowing what questions he would be facing. He answered all questions in a controlled manner with a strong feeling of assurance.
I have posted my concerns within this thread and called upon him to be answerable to them. For me he has achieved that.

I agree, however part of me is saying he wouldn't voluntarily set himself up for such a venomous backlash with a statement including: ''Yes, I stand to make a tidy profit". Venus appears to have a decent business head on him, so any compromising remarks on record could seriously put him in the Twat Category with Fisher and Joy.

Like the other poster said, I hope you're right, Wheelfass.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

good move

by january we will know if hes good enough manager or not
A good move for who ?

May I suggest it's a good move for SISU !!! Saving money perhaps, not employing a full time manager until January !!!

And the way things are looking we could be Relegated by January.

Then it doesn't matter who the manager is.

ccfcway

If we lose the next two or three on the bounce he will be gone.

In fact if Mowbray gets another job he will probably follow him anyway.

so despite the cub saying he is here until Jan, and the fact he is a director, if he loses the next 2 he will be gone ?

ccfcway

we have let the MD role go, and as it stands, have saved money on a manager and an assistant.

That's a decent saving towards break even,

Wheelfass

I agree, however part of me is saying he wouldn't voluntarily set himself up for such a venomous backlash with a statement including: ''Yes, I stand to make a tidy profit". Venus appears to have a decent business head on him, so any compromising remarks on record could seriously put him in the Twat Category with Fisher and Joy.

Like the other poster said, I hope you're right, Wheelfass.
Hello Trev,
I'm not saying he is the saviour of our once proud club in a managerial role. The questions involving his participation in the sale of Ryton have been categorically answered by him publicly.
As for the short term success of the team, well that's a different matter and for a different thread.

wingy

What's the worry /rush
Jan/Feb is the new Oct/Nov
Just like putting the team together in August is the new June/July

Users who are viewing this thread