Mark Venus (1 Viewer)

Hadji10

is our new manager, good luck. You'll need it!

skybluepm2

Where did you hear that hadji? Is it set in stone? Didn't someone close to one of the players say Evans was being unveiled on Monday?

Grendel

no shock there. Good luck to him, but he will be gone in 12 months, like the rest and we start again

Which is the same at most clubs....

Deity

Why would we rush to appoint Venus ?

No managerial track record.

Surely you give him a few matches and then re-asses.

Ranjit Bhurpa

Of all the names being touted around, I hope they give the job to Venus tbh.
Couldn't give a rats arse about any part he is playing in the Ryton saga or his lack of direct management experience. He has been close enough to football management for a long time and knows how it works. He is also familiar with the set up at CCFC and the controls imposed by our owners, the players know him and he has 2 from 2 so far.

He has the best chance of providing stability imo which is what we most need right now, so bring it on.

chiefdave

Odd to give him a contract now, which would mean compo if they want to get rid of him, rather than just giving him a few games to see how he gets on.

Malaka

I have heard nothing, but the players like him. Last I heard it was Evans or Di Cannio (Warnock to)

oucho

Please can someone explain to us why Kenny Jackett isn't an automatic appointment as CCFC manager?

cloughie

Mark Venus I would think has a vested interest in land for housing sales. as shown from companies house records

Technical Director Correspondence address Mark VENUS

Total number of appointments 2

Date of birth

April 1967

OTIUM ENTERTAINMENT GROUP LIMITED (07612487)

Company status

Active

Director

Appointed on

5 July 2016

Nationality

British

Country of residence

Sky Blue Lodge, Leamington Road, Ryton On Dunsmore, Coventry, CV8 3FL

Role ACTIVE

United Kingdom

Occupation

DEDHAM VALE HOMES LIMITED (09750656)

Appointed on

26 August 2015

Nationality Company status

Active

Correspondence address

The Hollies, Oakfield Drive, Boxted, Colchester, Essex, England, CO4 5RX

Role ACTIVE

Director

Occupation

Football Technical Director

Grendel

Cloughie - SBT's very own Simon Gilbert super sleuth.

better days

When TM left he said he didn't want any kind of pay off so the club could use the money saved on his salary to improve the team.
As he has worked with MV for many years I suspected they had talked about the aftermath and that Mark would take over the team at least in the short to medium term. TM said he told Mark his plans before telling SISU the following morning.
Jamie Clapham went the next day so there must be a reasonable reduction in the weekly overhead as things stand
There has been speculation (as mentioned before) that the need to cut costs had become so severe that TM may have even been asked consider this when picking the team.
Many players at our level get at least part of their wages in appearance fees so it is a possibility

Nick

Administrator
When TM left he said he didn't want any kind of pay off so the club could use the money saved on his salary to improve the team.
As he has worked with MV for many years I suspected they had talked about the aftermath and that Mark would take over the team at least in the short to medium term. TM said he told Mark his plans before telling SISU the following morning.
Jamie Clapham went the next day so there must be a reasonable reduction in the weekly overhead as things stand
There has been speculation (as mentioned before) that the need to cut costs had become so severe that TM may have even been asked consider this when picking the team.
Many players at our level get at least part of their wages in appearance fees so it is a possibility
which players do we think were dropped because of appearance fees?

clint van damme

According to that book that's just come out The deal by the agent Jon Smith dropping players or bringing them off before they play a certain amount of minutes so not to trigger clauses in contracts is common practice though he was talking specifically about the premiership I'm sure the same applies down the leagues.

Sky Blue Kid

According to that book that's just come out The deal by the agent Jon Smith dropping players or bringing them off before they play a certain amount of minutes so not to trigger clauses in contracts is common practice though he was talking specifically about the premiership I'm sure the same applies down the leagues.

It does.

Users who are viewing this thread