Mark Venus (3 Viewers)

rupert_bear

What do you think football people do in between jobs, sit by the phone twiddling their thumbs of course not they use their money earned whilst playing and make it work for them. The fact he perhaps has an ear to the ground here so what! Nothing has happened yet. and I think there's a lot of water to go under the bridge yet re planning permission, the stipulation there has to equivalent facilities somewhere before planning is granted. I think is a huge millstone around the sisu neck

bawtryneal

Agree with Chip Batch. Dont think our manager should be pitching housing developments to RBC. Whoever manager is should be on training field and nothing more.

Other than Fisher who else is there
Seppala will not show her face so only leaves MV

Wheelfass

Please provide your factual evidence that Mark Venus is involved with selling the training ground.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
Because of his recent involvement in property development there is obviously room for suspicion and doubt - but that's all there is at this stage -
Mark Venus only has to deny any involvement to end the concerns.

skybluegod

It is well documented that Tony Mowbray had for many years a good working relationship with Mark Venus and so therefore must have trusted him and respected his character. However, we haven't had a post managerial statement from Tony Mowbray have we, not one of any depth anyway and I doubt if one will be forthcoming. What we do know is that Tony Mowbray no longer has Mark Venus as his right hand man. Have you ever had a disagreement or a fall out with someone that you thought you could trust!!?
I must also point out that Mark Venus has certainly not been convicted and that there are simply suspicions surrounding his recent business venture. This is naturally understandable given his involvement with some of the unsavoury characters currently within his professional environment. Neither is he being judged. These are merely suspicions and it remains to be seen whether or not they have any credence to them.
It would however, surly be in interest of Mark Venus to make a statement on the matter.

So TM decided he was going to quit, said he was going to talk to his long term friend, Mark Venus following the Wimbledon game, they fell out and now he is building houses? Come off it... As people have pointed out he started this business in 2015, they have seemed to be getting on the entire time they were here. Yet only now they have fallen out? No I haven't because I wouldn't put my faith in someone i couldn't trust just like im sure TM hasn't. He has been judged by you and others on the forum has he not? You have said you cannot trust him to be manager, because of your suspicions so that is making a judgement?
Give him time to make a response? He probably has better things to do to improve the club, rather than to answer idiotic conspiracy theories made on Facebook and SBT?

oucho

Reckon he's got it if the odds are 1/8 on him now.

skybluegod

Because of his recent involvement in property development there is obviously room for suspicion and doubt - but that's all there is at this stage -
Mark Venus only has to deny any involvement to end the concerns.

You say that, yet the next thing that happens is, 'Mark Venus is a SISU puppet, he's lying, Venus and Sisu out'

Wheelfass

Didn't Venus stay on as caretaker after mowbray got sacked from Boro? He also applied for the full time job.
Was he planning something devious there?
I don't think he'd recently started up a property development company then or was involved in selling any of their assets or was on a Hedge Fund owned board was he?
Fair play for keeping it rolling Nick but that was a completely different scenario. :)

Nick

Administrator
I don't think he'd recently started up a property development company then or was involved in selling any of their assets or was on a Hedge Fund owned board was he?
Fair play for keeping it rolling Nick but that was a completely different scenario. :)

It wasn't really though when people are saying it's devious because mowbray found out and went without him.

He went without him before.

Nick

Administrator
How far is it from actually being for sale? Aren't they just trying to get it into the local plans at the minute?

Wheelfass

He has been judged by you and others on the forum has he not? You have said you cannot trust him to be manager, because of your suspicions so that is making a judgement?
He has most certainly NOT been judged, but there are suspicions that could do with being answered. He is best placed to provide the answers.
If you read my post regarding his Managerial position again - without hurrying - you will see that I asked the general question of whether he could be trusted to be Manager and NOT that I didn't trust him.
Given the precarious position that the club are in - particularly on the inside - there is no wonder that any action from within is often viewed with mistrust and apprehension.
There is no court and no judgement has been made. These are just opinions and concerns.

Gosford Green

Venus was involved in a presentation the other night to Ryton PC and other relevant parties, he was pimping the clubs last tangible asset as in land off Leamington Road, Ryton used currently as the clubs training ground. From what I can gather the volume of houses to be built has got the Nimbies mobilised.

Before the proof is required out cry I have no reason to doubt that the bloke who told me.

Nick

Administrator
Venus was involved in a presentation the other night to Ryton PC and other relevant parties, he was pimping the clubs last tangible asset as in land off Leamington Road, Ryton used currently as the clubs training ground. From what I can gather the volume of houses to be built has got the Nimbies mobilised.

Before the proof is required out cry I have no reason to doubt that the bloke who told me.

The bloke who told you what?

Grendel

Please provide your factual evidence that Mark Venus is involved with selling the training ground.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

He hasn't. He read it on the back the newspaper his chip batch was lying in.

better days

There was almost a year between MV registering as a director of the Property Company & his being appointed to the board running the club

Moff

I have no reason either to doubt what your mate told you, as perhaps he read it on the Telegraph website like the rest of us, that Venus was at the presentation.

There is a difference though between him being at the presentation as a Club Director, which he is, and all the hysteria that perhaps he is SISU's very own Taylor Wimpey.

Wheelfass

Moff

You know what really dismays me. Mark Venus saying - and I quote - "“We only have one changing room for under-21s and the first team and there is just not enough space to hold Academy (activities) as well.”
Well on a site that is big enough for 76 new houses..... Why not not just build some more changing rooms???

Not enough room, they have to get 76 houses in, and someone's garage will be in the way

Chip Batch

He was presenting the plans for
He hasn't. He read it on the back the newspaper his chip batch was lying in.

I'm concerned that he's got a conflict of interest. There are certainly signs that he could be involved - you know, with the actual presentation he did to the local council highlighting a potential housing development in the training ground's place.

That coupled with his (genuinely) maybe purely coincidental position as director of a housing development company - one that had only started since he's been at the club and the total distrust of SISU mean it's a concern.

I have no proof that he will profit personally, but those facts certainly give cause for suspicion and he should be questioned on it.

Of course, if anyone has any proof that he or his company won't be involved at all then please present it.

kdp888

Why Mark Venus is the right guy....

A playing career with Hartlepool, Leicester, 8 seasons at Wolves during their rise through the leagues, 5 seasons at Ipswich one year as Players Player finishing 5th in the Premier League and a part of the UEFA Cup campaign (including beating Inter Milan. Over 500 games across all four top leagues in English Football.
A coaching Career that has seen him as Assistant to Mowbray at Hibernian, West Brom, Celtic and Middlesbrough, since then applied and missed out narrowly on a couple of jobs as Manager. With Mowbray joining us he was then offered the technical director role here, of which he took on and in that time has no doubt seen how limited our budget and transfer kitty is.
In that time the chief executive steps down and he is then taking on more work to help out the club.
Mowbray then decides to step down and Venus is put in temporary charge of the team also, quite a workload for one person!

Now for me his playing experience across the leagues is excellent, his coaching experience at some top clubs is excellent, his experience behind the mess at our own club is excellent.
He has been wanting a management job and hungry for the role, and for me seems like the right person to take it on, just my opinion but I think he is perfect and deserves the opportunity.

Gosford Green

I have no reason either to doubt what your mate told you, as perhaps he read it on the Telegraph website like the rest of us, that Venus was at the presentation.

There is a difference though between him being at the presentation as a Club Director, which he is, and all the hysteria that perhaps he is SISU's very own Taylor Wimpey.

I did not even know the CT covered it that much.

The person I spoke to had never heard or knew of Mark Venus as he no football fan when he said someone from CCFC I assumed Fisher.
It was only when I described a big c**t with a beard that it became obvious it was someone else.

Gosford Green

The bloke who told you what?

That the lands owners wish to develop the site for housing.

I am from Ryton i grew up there, 76 houses will be a squeeze on that site and the Leamington contra flow system already has the citizens furious. Traffic is bad now and potentially 76 more houses with 100s more people driving cars will cause a meltdown among the angry locals, but RBC will have the ultimate say and they need to build housing.

Nick

Administrator
That the lands owners wish to develop the site for housing.

I am from Ryton i grew up there, 76 houses will be a squeeze on that site and the Leamington contra flow system already has the citizens furious. Traffic is bad now and potentially 76 more houses with 100s more people driving cars will cause a meltdown among the angry locals, but RBC will have the ultimate say and they need to build housing.

It was posted on here a couple of years ago about it though, from the Observer I think.

Gosford Green

Regardless of the in and out about planning issues it is the clubs last asset that is being stripped off. I am just a bit uncomfortable about that as SISU will not fund a suitable replacement.

The fact that our current first team boss is involved is just another new low.

Moff

I did not even know the CT covered it that much.

The person I spoke to had never heard or knew of Mark Venus as he no football fan when he said someone from CCFC I assumed Fisher.
It was only when I described a big c**t with a beard that it became obvious it was someone else.

Fair enough, I didn't realise you didn't know it was in the paper.

Chipfat

Didn't Venus stay on as caretaker after mowbray got sacked from Boro? He also applied for the full time job.

Was he planning something devious there?

Come on Nick, Boro is a completely different animal you know Gibson has that club tied up like a bow, local man, very rich and has bank rolled that club for nearly 20 years. He is building a club not taking it down or selling what he can to run. Now MV should without doubt make a statement regarding his private interest on if it has any connection to the club now or in the future. If he has knowledge of the sale of a training facility and the future of it that should be known to fans.

If he is going to meeting to discuss planning then he must split his private position with his professional, if he wants this to go away and has nothing to hide then its no problem. But while the owners do not talk, have lied, spun and made false promises he must understand how scared fans are and why a majority feel this way. I hope he becomes manager and is interviewed and is pressed on his business, aswell as the plan of the club being as he is knee deep in shit with these horrible bastards.

As posted before nothing good will come of this in the end!!

Nick

Administrator
Come on Nick, Boro is a completely different animal you know Gibson has that club tied up like a bow, local man, very rich and has bank rolled that club for nearly 20 years. He is building a club not taking it down or selling what he can to run. Now MV should without doubt make a statement regarding his private interest with connection to to club. If he has knowledge of the sale of a training facility and the future of it that should be known to fans.

If he is going to meeting to discuss planning then he must split his private position with his professional, if he wants this to go away and has nothing to hide then its no problem. But while the owners do not talk, have lied, spun and made false promises he must understand how scared fans are and why a majority feel this way. I hope he becomes manager and is interviewed and is pressed on his business, aswell as the plan of the club being as he is knee deep in shit with these horrible bastards.

I was talking about the fact Venus stayed on there and applied for the job and didn't go straight away with Mowbray.

Users who are viewing this thread