Transfer Rumour Marcel Hilsner (1 Viewer)

skybluesam66

yes
Can you do a "ß" on a UK keyboard without copying and pasting?

Laptop
Put your number lock on , and then using number - pad hold down ALT and then type 0223, then let go

have to type using the number pad on a laptop

ßßß

I phone does work, but for some reason only the 2nd time you do it you then end up with Sß (Edit works without caps )

Mucca Mad Boys

I imagine those sceptical thoughts were there when Vardy signed for Leicester he hasn’t done too bad let’s hope this guy delivers.

I was disgusted at the thought of non-league player could be sold for £1m at the time...

... generally speaking, it’s better to leave it up to the experts.

skyblueelephant76

I wouldn't look into the fact that he's coming from the German 3rd division. German football is pretty comparable to English football than say, the Portuguese 3rd tier.

In essence, he's coming from the same league we've just been in and as we know, there's some decent players in L1 who could make the step up to the championship. A number of them currently training at Ryton as a start...
It's worth noting that last summer he was signed by Paderborn who were in the German top division at the time.

cc84cov

Just watched highlights of a game against Koln he scored 2 crackers & assisted 2 looks technically very good defo looks more of a central attacking player rather than winger.

shmmeee

yes

Laptop
Put your number lock on , and then using number - pad hold down ALT and then type 0223, then let go

have to type using the number pad on a laptop

ßßß

I phone does work, but for some reason only the 2nd time you do it you then end up with Sß (Edit works without caps )

Might have to dig out the separate num pad for my keyboard.

iPhone Test: ß (weird, there first time but wasn’t there at all last time, maybe it’s smart depending on the text on screen? 🤔)

larry_david

Love how people are saying he's signed as a squad player and nothing more. What even is that? You think we've got money to chuck around on players who's sole purpose is to make up the numbers? And look at it from his perspective would you move to another country to sit on the bench every game?

He's been brought in to make an impact at a higher level. It might work it might not but the notion that he's already 25 and therefore nearly past it is staggering.

Bugsy

Love how people are saying he's signed as a squad player and nothing more. What even is that? You think we've got money to chuck around on players who's sole purpose is to make up the numbers? And look at it from his perspective would you move to another country to sit on the bench every game?

He's been brought in to make an impact at a higher level. It might work it might not but the notion that he's already 25 and therefore nearly past it is staggering.

The definition of a squad player is someone who puts aside his personal goals and works well with others, doing what he needs to do to strive for a common goal ;). .......PUSB

Bugsy

Magwitch

Worryingly, the same website values Kastaneer at £293000
Gervane Kastaneer - Player profile 19/20
I hope we get ith
Yeah stupid double s's!: Marcel Hilßner - Wikipedia

Anybody any idea how bad the German 3rd tier is? Was always treated as nonleague when I played CM/FM back in the day.
German
Worryingly, the same website values Kastaneer at £293000
Gervane Kastaneer - Player profile 19/20
Snap their hands off

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

In Robins we trust.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

nunchuckas

Our first German player since Dietmar Bruck?
Our first ever born AND raised German player?

Can't think of anyone else...

Mucca Mad Boys

I think those on here calling him a squad player are mistaken . Very highly rated by one of my German friends another scoop I hope

I sincerely hope I am mistaken and he takes the Championship by storm and propels Operation Premiership forward by a few years!

mark82

Not sure I feel about this signing, from the highlight reel, looks like a useful player. I’d be more optimistic if he was younger than 23.

To be frank, I can’t really see him being a starter from the get-go. But, that doesn’t mean he can’t adapt and develop well for us.

As Nick pointed out, could he even play left wingback?

He'd obviously done enough to convince a Bundesliga club to buy him last summer. Looks like he didn't quite make the grade at that level so was sent out on loan. Suspect he's a squad player for us but his stats in the German third tier look pretty good so don't see why he wouldn't have a chance to be good enough at our level.

mark82

Who also played for the same team as Jobello in 2017.

I trust the recruitment team on this one, they’ve done their bit to get us up the league. As long as Hilßner fits a certain playing style and personality, I’m sure he could make an impact. However, I’m sceptical that we’ve signed a Div 3 player to start in the Championship.

Not being funny but we signed a division 3 player yesterday to start in the Championship and everyone thought that was a signal of intent. The difference is you don't know anything about this player. Technically both are actually signings from top division clubs who are being relegated.

mark82

Bit of an odd one on the face of it.

Not that young so not brought in for development.
Predominantly a winger which we don't play with.
Can play down the middle but we've got quite a few ACM's already.

Still, good luck to him.

Remember we likely will be able to make 5 subs next year. Leaves a lot more flexibility to make formation changes in game.

Users who are viewing this thread