Transfer Rumour Marcel Hilsner (3 Viewers)

better days

Not being funny but we signed a division 3 player yesterday to start in the Championship and everyone thought that was a signal of intent. The difference is you don't know anything about this player. Technically both are actually signings from top division clubs who are being relegated.
I think the lad was training with us for a few days so maybe he'd come on trial to let us have a look at him before signing

mrtrench

I was thinking about Kasta yesterday evening. It seems that it's attitude that's the issue to me - he came in all guns blazing and then his head dropped. One of two things could have happened over the break:

1) He gets his head straight and comes back determined to put it right.
2) He gives up and asks for a transfer because he's too good for us.

Unfortunately, it's also possible that he didn't use the time to think at all and comes back thinking he'll spend 2 more years here underachieving.

I'm hoping for the Road to Damascus option.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Remember we likely will be able to make 5 subs next year. Leaves a lot more flexibility to make formation changes in game.

I think you may be forgetting MR is our manager. We don't do in game formation changes.

cooperskyblue

They were Badlans words
Interesting that Bakayoko in the SkyBlue Extra podcast says Kastaneer stood out to him and all the other players in pre-season because he was super talented and was doing impressive things. So talent isn't the issue. It's his application. Badlan has so many more hits than misses in terms of recruitment.

fernandopartridge

I think Kastaneer might be used better up front, he isn't disciplined enough to play on the wing in the modern game where everybody is part of the defensive unit. He's a big powerful player so it'd be interesting to see if they could work with him to change. Better than just letting him go imo.

Marty

I think HIlssner looks a decent player from the highlights package, if he can make the step up, he could become a decent member of the team.

Mucca Mad Boys

Not being funny but we signed a division 3 player yesterday to start in the Championship and everyone thought that was a signal of intent. The difference is you don't know anything about this player. Technically both are actually signings from top division clubs who are being relegated.

Fair point.

Again, I’ll mention it in passing that my initial reaction was that the 3.Bundesliga was a 4th tier division, not a 3rd tier.

I want Hilßner to be a smash hit, good pedigree, decent stats in the league he was in. Ultimately, I don’t know enough about him to make an informed judgement, and I trust MR Badlan.

O’Hare doesn’t have Championship experience, but the comparison is slightly uncharitable. He was a standout performer in a title winning side, and is 22/23. He was going to be playing Championship (or higher in a European league) had we not signed him.

As things may happen, Hilssner May turn out to be better than O’Hare, who knows? Looking forward to make some first impressions in the Rangers game!

Users who are viewing this thread