Transfer Rumour Marcel Hilsner (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Winger Department is getting busy. Jones, Jobello, Marcel, Kasta... did we release Wakefield?

Suspect we will see some movement out once we get our new players in.

David O'Day

Ah Cov City were there will always be 1 or 2 folk who like to slag of a player they've never heard of before they have ever seen them play.

stay_up_skyblues

“He scored his first goal for the club on 20 October, netting in a 2–0 win over VfL Osnabrück.[11] Later in the season, he suffered a torn cruciate ligament which ruled him out for the remainder of the campaign.[12]“

Could be he toured the lower leagues for fitness after the injury. Must have something for MR to sanction it. Welcome lad.

hill83

Ha ha. Bit one-footed then.

Criticism of one footed left footed players always annoys me as it gets mentioned way more than one footed right footed players.
Plus it touches a nerve as I'm left footed myself. But right handed so I'm not a total dork.

Perryccfc

He intimated in his interview he thought he would be playing the 8 or 10 role so not sure about the winger tag. Reminds me a bit of Jorge Albert, weren’t we linked with him once too?

CCFC88

We must have the best ACL man in the business given the amount of practice they've had, send all the crocks our way, we'll patch them up and turn them into world beaters

BornSlippySkyBlue

Criticism of one footed left footed players always annoys me as it gets mentioned way more than one footed right footed players.
Plus it touches a nerve as I'm left footed myself. But right handed so I'm not a total dork.
It was more the phrasing that amused me, like the sole purpose of his right foot is to stop him tipping over. I mean, you’d think he’d at least use it for running and stuff. And yes. I realise it’s google translate.

johnwillomagic

Hmm what's that 4 new signings now already and some from youth given contracts...
How many were released must have equalled that with youth contracts and new signings already I reckon.

Like others think we are being softened up and one or two may be sold financially just hope it's not Dabo or Rose but in MR i trust...tbh personally I would be a bit gutted if Westbrooke left think he is a good player,,,,,do think someone has to go now though.

Good that like last season we are getting business done early,

Magwitch

We have just let Allassini, Wakefield and Walters go so I see this as Robins bolstering up the squad yes there’s an eliment of a gamble in it comes off happy days.

hill83

It was more the phrasing that amused me, like the sole purpose of his right foot is to stop him tipping over. I mean, you’d think he’d at least use it for running and stuff. And yes. I realise it’s google translate.

Yeah I was just saying in general, not in direct response to what you said.

shmmeee

Hope I’m wrong but getting heavy Kastaneer vibes from this one. Never heard of the bloke and has a decent shot and cross from his YT vid, report on him surfaces a few worrying things about predictability and vision, but I felt we needed another AM/W and he seems to fit the bill, so welcome!

Perfect handling again from the Twitter admin. At this rate we’ll be fending off bids from the big boys for him soon.

torchomatic

Yeah we didn’t renew his contract and he was on our release list. Nice lad with signs of potential but never really stood out at u23 level

I can only really remember him crossing the ball for Chaplin to score against Sunderland for the winning goal. Saw him a few times in the U23s at the Higgs and always thought he looked good.

Briles

Definitely a squad depth signing. Either wing and central, same with Da Costa at the back. Need players who can play multiple positions for a season in the champ.

SlowerThanPlatt

Hmm what's that 4 new signings now already and some from youth given contracts...
How many were released must have equalled that with youth contracts and new signings already I reckon.

Like others think we are being softened up and one or two may be sold financially just hope it's not Dabo or Rose but in MR i trust...tbh personally I would be a bit gutted if Westbrooke left think he is a good player,,,,,do think someone has to go now though.

Good that like last season we are getting business done early,

This guy would he on a small wage I would imagine. He’s coming from the third tier of Germany which is nowhere near the same standard as the Championship

From what he says it really seems like he's a winger but is going to be used more centrally for us. Probably a squad player and will just be a different option off the bench which is an area we are lacking. Being able to change up the formation is always useful too so he might play out wide too. Also seems like we've been looking to sign him for a while so clearly the scouting team like him

vow

Its the formation we play with 2 holding mids and 2 attacking mids forming a 'box' rather than the usual triangles that get formed when you play 433 or 4231
Cheers.
I just saw our formation as more of a 3-4-2-1 but I guess labelling it 'box' suits some for convenience.

shepardo01

Nice one City!

But wtf is a 'Box' formation!? Has that come from FIFA20 or football Manager?
A narrow 2-2 midfield.
Two mids behind two more attacking players. (Box midfield)
Often was Kelly and Walsh as the two deeper players last season.

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread