Transfer Rumour Marcel Hilsner (3 Viewers)

lifeskyblue

Never heard of him before today. Seems odd signing at this stage...plenty of choices available I suspect after pl and championship finish, and he is 25. Does it indicate a change of formation or just hoping for a sell on in couple of years? Does it mean either jones, jobello, kastaneer are on their way? And whatever happened to Wakefield?
He certainly speaks highly of himself...if he is half as good as he thinks he should be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlowerThanPlatt

We do seem to be signing a lot of players who were capped at youth level for their country and careers haven’t taken off

Johnnythespider

All that Praise is going to the media teams head, not sure what to make of this one, doesn't look like a starter but what do i know, as a winger is Jobello anywhere near fitness.

cc84cov

Yeah he was quick to say that he can play in the middle too in his interview, must know that himself! I'd be surprised at a change in shape though seeing as it was a huge reason for our great run last season, it overwhelmed teams in midfield and led to players popping up in unfamiliar places who were hard to pick up for defences. And we have, what, 6-7 MC's now? Be tricky picking just 2 of those.
Yes from what I seen on his clips he looks comfortable playing inside

Nonleagueherewecome

We do seem to be signing a lot of players who were capped at youth level for their country and careers haven’t taken off
I'm sensing a bit of a Brentford-esque "diamond in the rough" project here.

Great_Expectations

Strange one on paper, but I’d imagine its a low cost, low risk gamble, and based on comments it appears we’ve been tracking him for some time so we must see something there.

Interesting the official Twitter describes him as a winger. I hope it isn’t a sign we’re reverting to wingers - the Switch to the box formation was key to our success.

Still, every trust in MR.

Anyway, it’s always exciting signing players!

Nick

Administrator

Use Google Translate

Marcel Hilßner came to Bremen like Lukas Fröde in summer 2009 and is now in his sixth season with SV Werder. It could be his last season, for the coming season not only RB Leipzig will be looking for him again. The still second division club from Hilssner's place of birth had expressed his interest in a summer commitment, which might have been possible without Werder's approval, but the expiring contract is said to have been extended by one season after a number of missions. Werder would certainly want to keep Hilßner, who was officially the first year of the men's race, for a while longer, but he should look at the professional team and get cold feet slowly,

A changed situation that reflects the last season well: Hilßner was an important player in the A-youth, he remained an addition in the U23. This is not to be seen negatively as a lump sum for the first year for men, especially as an older A-junior, but underlines that the development of Hilßner hoped for after the strong U17 seasons has not materialized. You can still see the same Hilßner in front of you, which you had to look at three years ago.

With his weaknesses, too little has yet been done to see a clear Bundesliga perspective. His strong, robust body often benefited the early tire, but also leads to an identical game because he relies on it too often. The process of getting the ball, asserting yourself in duels, positioning yourself and then pulling with your strong left foot is well known. And therefore it is not too difficult for the opponent to adjust to it. While Hilßner himself gained only a few percentage points in terms of robustness or speed, the opponents became bigger, wider and faster after the B-youth - this created new challenges for him, with which he had problems in the U19 initially and in the U23 until now (te).

It starts in the duels in which he was able to assert himself early on due to his strong physique. That was enough, more was not necessary. But in the men's area and especially with a view to the Bundesliga level, much more is needed, it needs more maneuverability, has to be more flexible and have more options in your head than just putting your body inside.

Even in the offensive game, he lacks options that would provide more imagination. Hilßner has little surprise in his game. His technical skills are good, but limited to certain processes. The ball acceptance is almost always the same, changes of direction or fakes in dribbling are very rare and come, if at all, usually with an announcement.

In addition, Hilßner gets into trouble more than he would like. From his youth he knows how to assert himself against his opponents and to create a certain space for his actions. Then, if there is enough space, the hard-hitting shot from the second row follows or, thanks to a suitable overview, a fatal or at least wounding pass into the top. But what stands in the way of this game style for the emanation of great danger is that he can work out less and less appropriate space. The opponent or the competition is strong, Hilßner hardly gets his primordial force into play. While he can continue to pick up speed quickly with a ball on his foot, he passes the opponents with his speed much less often than in the youth area. In terms of tactics, he also has a problem: While his game intelligence is positively noticeable when passing in front of the opponent's sixteenth, he often completely lacks an eye for space in the neutral area, at the level of the center line, in reverse. His good start becomes visible, but having to run after is not a good reason to flaunt it. His backward movement, his positional play is in need of improvement if it should go up for him. but having to run after is not a good reason to flaunt it. His backward movement, his positional play is in need of improvement if it should go up for him. but having to run after is not a good reason to flaunt it. His backward movement, his positional play is in need of improvement if it should go up for him.

As far as the offensive spaces are concerned, he is a bit one-dimensional - which, more positively, can also be described as straightforward. If he has space, he uses it for a good pass or a strong shot. But if he gets little space, he is visibly restricted in his ability to act, and also has his problems with a quick short pass game. He also has significant difficulties in accepting the ball with little time and / or space, causing ball loss. This leads to worry lines, as it is young players in particular who keep the overview under pressure and act quickly, which you will later find in the Bundesliga.

The standards are still at a strong level, both direct free kicks and those that are supposed to find a head or foot of the teammates. His right foot serves only as a counterweight so as not to tip over, while the left foot provides powerful shots from the second row. A suitable shooting technique helps that there is no senseless scatter in the long-range shots, the ball often finds its intended target. All of this continues to provide goals and assists, but cannot hide the weaknesses or the lack of development. This also manifests itself in his goal rate: Hilßner scored 26 goals when he was B-youth. In the following two years, he scored a total of seven goals.

Paul Anthony

Obviously we've been planning this for a while by the sounds of it, but they've sprung this one out of nowhere haven't they!?

Bugsy

Squad depth... I like it ....PUSB

Nick

Administrator
Strange none of the ITK predicted this one?

One of the accounts on Twitter did AFTER the youtube video was posted by mistake.

giphy.gif

David O'Day

Look forward to the "ITK" folk pretending this is the player they meant yeaterday.

Bit of a project and gives the option of going back to wingers if needed but can also play in an attacking midfield role.

Reactions: vow

Nonleagueherewecome

Strange none of the ITK predicted this one?
Better Days said yesterday that he expected to sign a European player today. But I wouldn't brand him as an "ITK" as he genuinely seems to know what he is talking about...

cooperskyblue

I love signings like this. Out of nowhere. We need depth. Kastaneer I don't think is going to play so hopefully this guy can add quality and options. We need a strong bench and he adds to that.
Fully trust our recruitment team.

SkyBlueSam01

Near the end of the interview he suggests that his role with us is likely to be playing as an 8 or a 10, and thats where he played in youth football.

I imagine we have identified him as a player who has been decent on the wing in Germany but has the attributes to really thrive in the English game and in our box formation.

torchomatic

Never heard of him before today. Seems odd signing at this stage...plenty of choices available I suspect after pl and championship finish, and he is 25. Does it indicate a change of formation or just hoping for a sell on in couple of years? Does it mean either jones, jobello, kastaneer are on their way? And whatever happened to Wakefield?
He certainly speaks highly of himself...if he is half as good as he thinks he should be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought Wakefield had already gone.

vow

Nice one City!

But wtf is a 'Box' formation!? Has that come from FIFA20 or football Manager?

Users who are viewing this thread