Maradona (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

Rolls Royce footballer my absolute hero and one of the people I would like to have dinner with .
Pure thirsty energy

giphy.gif

Brighton Sky Blue

Just seen an article highlighting it's also 15 years ago today that George Best passed. Both went way before their time should have come

Brighton Sky Blue

Some of those pitches he played on make him my best tbh!!

He and Maradona were both supremely gifted and a joy to watch if just on grainy highlight reels. Both also had their vices and couldn't keep away-but they wouldn't have been who they were without the flaws as well as the good stuff

Monners

The actual best player ever. He was a genius and to manage to still do it through all his problems is a credit to him. He took the Scudetto and UEFA cup to Napoli and the World Cup to Argentina almost singlehandedly (no pun intended).

If you haven't watched the documentary on him please do it.
Absolutely agree

The film is brilliant. Comes across as a normal human being

ccfctommy

It's fake. Shilton hasn't tweeted anything and the abuse he is getting on twitter for no reason is in poor taste.

fernandopartridge

The actual best player ever. He was a genius and to manage to still do it through all his problems is a credit to him. He took the Scudetto and UEFA cup to Napoli and the World Cup to Argentina almost singlehandedly (no pun intended).

If you haven't watched the documentary on him please do it.
Where can I find it?

Macca

Just watched that goal again such fabulous control. Probably best to ignore the pub players he went past but nevertheless. I remember as a youngster feeling the inevitability of what was going to happen the moment he got the ball. Given that pundits now encourage players to fall to the floor I think we can forget one moment of madness in terms of the other goal

cc84cov

Just watched that goal again such fabulous control. Probably best to ignore the pub players he went past but nevertheless. I remember as a youngster feeling the inevitability of what was going to happen the moment he got the ball. Given that pundits now encourage players to fall to the floor I think we can forget one moment of madness in terms of the other goal
Let’s not forget the state of pitches back then also

ovduk78

Me and a lad I worked with were going to go down to watch him play in Ardiles' testimonial at WHL in 1986 but at last minute decided not to. Kind of regretted it ever since.

Users who are viewing this thread