Maradona (1 Viewer)

BornSlippySkyBlue

Absolute tool on and off the pitch, but also the greatest player ever imo.
Better than Pele? Must admit I saw more of Maradonna playing than Pele, and it’s a subjective call, but I’d put Pele just in front. Things they could both do with a football was different gravy.

Liquid Gold

He had max 9 years at a top level. Both Ronaldo and Messi have been at that level for 15 years, scoring above 40 goals in the majority of them. He’s a legend but doesn’t touch them.
I think on those pitches with those challenges neither Messi nor Ronaldo would have made 15 years. Just watch his games, they kick the fuck out of him all the time and he still does wonderful things with the ball. The man was a genius.

cc84cov

He had max 9 years at a top level. Both Ronaldo and Messi have been at that level for 15 years, scoring above 40 goals in the majority of them. He’s a legend but doesn’t touch them.
Messi and ronaldo have always Played for top clubs hasn’t been exactly hard for them Maradona at Napoli ? Has messi single handily won a World Cup for Argentina like Maradona?

Your clueless to think that

Evo1883

The way I look at it, is the same way I look at Ronaldo nozario...

Just imagine what they would do to the shite defenders of today

Maradona was simply brilliant

The absolute greatest in my eyes, I imagine Argentina is in deep mourning right now

lifeskyblue

Not a science as to who is greatest ever...players of different generations have different qualities/skills/fitness etc etc. For me it will always be Pele...enthralled by him as a kid. Suffice to say Maradona stood out as the greatest of his generation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BornSlippySkyBlue

Wasn’t as professional as them two and didn’t have the protection modern players do. He was amazing, comparisons are tough due to the differences in the game, but I would personally say he was better than Messi / Ronaldo.

clint van damme

Better than Pele? Must admit I saw more of Maradonna playing than Pele, and it’s a subjective call, but I’d put Pele just in front. Things they could both do with a football was different gravy.

I love Pele, I love the 1970s Brazil team. No Pele, they still win the world cup.
No Maradona for Argentina in 86, I don't think they do.

Liquid Gold

This says a lot to me as well, he wasn't some media machine, he was a troubled bloke struggling with mental health problems and addiction. As was said in the documentary 'there was the person Diego, who was sweet, kind and loving, then there was the persona Maradona who was completely different' but despite his problems he was still able to put them aside on the pitch, as he actually said " When you're on the field, the life goes away, the problems go away, everything goes away". Maradona is the footballer that really understood what it was like to be a football fan and what it meant to us.

Users who are viewing this thread