M25 blocking (1 Viewer)

skyblue1991

They are causing cars to be stationary with the engines running and trawling at 5mph with high revs in first gear. Also requiring police resource to manage. That is going to cause more harm than good to the environment; the irony!

Also do these people realise we are a tiny island and until the much larger nations do something (China, Russia, USA, India) our contribution is negligible

I'll be pissed off if it affects travel plans to Millwall on Saturday!

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Sbarcher

Has Boris still got his water cannons?

shmmeee

They are causing cars to be stationary with the engines running and trawling at 5mph with high revs in first gear. Also requiring police resource to manage. That is going to cause more harm than good to the environment; the irony!

Also do these people realise we are a tiny island and until the much larger nations do something (China, Russia, USA, India) our contribution is negligible

I'll be pissed off if it affects travel plans to Millwall on Saturday!

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

These people live on this tiny island. People are also protesting in other countries. Their aim is government action not direct reduction of their own emissions which is a drop in the ocean. They’re fucking idiots at times but they’re idiots with the correct cause.

rob9872

Be nice to see Greta Thunberg join them to increase their profile.

Then get ploughed down by an HGV the annoying little twunt.

Nick

Administrator
Why were the police trying to suck them off?

Imagine if 15 football fans sat down blocking the A444, there would be batons flying.

clint van damme

Why were the police trying to suck them off?

Imagine if 15 football fans sat down blocking the A444, there would be batons flying.

Maybe after the disgraceful scenes at the Sarah Everard vigil they've been To stop attacking women.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Be nice to see Greta Thunberg join them to increase their profile.

Then get ploughed down by an HGV the annoying little twunt.
I’ve got time for Greta - These people and Extinction Rebellion are constantly just pissing of people who just want to get on with their daily lives.

At least Greta took her issues out on the one person who could make a difference in Trump

rob9872

I’ve got time for Greta - These people and Extinction Rebellion are constantly just pissing of people who just want to get on with their daily lives.

At least Greta took her issues out on the one person who could make a difference in Trump
Nah - just reminds me of a young William Hague at the Tory Party conference. Sounds like someone is pushing her words when she should be out having fun. Plenty of time to be serious about the world and can't stand being told what to do by pretentious little fekkkers.

NorthernWisdom

You don't see the irony in a motorway full of running engines at a standstill?

To be clear, I would be pissed off if I were held up, so I'm not going to go all hypocritical and say well done them ;)

However, focussing on the small uptick in pollution from a protest designed to draw attention to the large general issue is probably not the way to go.

Sky Blue Pete

As shmmee says it’s for the greater good. Most new cars engines switch off but that’s not the point. A few thousand cars idling is kids play to government investing in insulation for every house to reduce energy use

Nick

Administrator
To be clear, I would be pissed off if I were held up, so I'm not going to go all hypocritical and say well done them ;)

However, focussing on the small uptick in pollution from a protest designed to draw attention to the large general issue is probably not the way to go.

Much like a protest about it that causes an uptick in pollution.

Next it will be vegan protestors going to Miller and Carter for a meal.

Nick

Administrator
It's so small as to be insignificant. It does however draw attention to the wider issue, therefore the aim is a net reduction. This is an investment.

And as for uptick, one household in the world using coal is not an issue.

It doesn't it just annoys people.

If everybody used the mindset of "just me won't matter" then surely that defeats the object?

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

It doesn't it just annoys people.

If everybody used the mindset of "just me won't matter" then surely that defeats the object?
I think that’s the reality though Nick. You and me could do everything but without fundamental legislative change to the big ticket items we may well just tell our kids to tell their kids. Sorry we fucked up all the best but there’s no food and no water so fill your boots

Nick

Administrator
I think that’s the reality though Nick. You and me could do everything but without fundamental legislative change to the big ticket items we may well just tell our kids to tell their kids. Sorry we fucked up all the best but there’s no food and no water so fill your boots

So sit outside Boris Johnson's house and block that prick in?

shmmeee

This is exactly it and cleary it’s working because here we are correcting that misconception.

What’s needed is government action, we are way past the stage of “do a bit of recycling and take your bike”. We need legislative change on housing and transport standards, government funding to help people insulate their homes and switch to electric cars, and government action to help industry switch to carbon free processes.

Consumer choice as a method for driving change is a total distraction at this point. People will switch when it’s easier and cheaper and that needs government to act because market forces won’t do it sooner.

We did this with leaded petrol. We did it with CFCs. We did it with single use plastics. We just need to stop pissing about and get it done, yes it’s expensive, partly because we’ve fannied about for a century on the topic, but inaction is many multiples more expensive in the long run. Rather I leave my kids a bit more national debt than a dead planet.

Sky Blue Pete

This is exactly it and cleary it’s working because here we are correcting that misconception.

What’s needed is government action, we are way past the stage of “do a bit of recycling and take your bike”. We need legislative change on housing and transport standards, government funding to help people insulate their homes and switch to electric cars, and government action to help industry switch to carbon free processes.

Consumer choice as a method for driving change is a total distraction at this point. People will switch when it’s easier and cheaper and that needs government to act because market forces won’t do it sooner.

We did this with leaded petrol. We did it with CFCs. We did it with single use plastics. We just need to stop pissing about and get it done, yes it’s expensive, partly because we’ve fannied about for a century on the topic, but inaction is many multiples more expensive in the long run. Rather I leave my kids a bit more national debt than a dead planet.
Yes that man!!!

rob9872

Nah you're saving them money as they won't need to fly to Spain for a bit of sun. Even better for your grandchildren. Your great grandchildren however might need to evolve to cope or move to Norway :)

skybluetony176

Doesn’t need a protest for that. Especially around the Dartford crossing area of the M25, can only think of where it crosses the M4 at Heathrow where it’s consistently worse on the M25.

Users who are viewing this thread