M25 blocking (2 Viewers)

Mcbean

How will anyone notice? Blackwall tunnel is backed up for miles at the best of times.
you've been there as well ! they are also at Wandsworth and could trap a few captains of Industry - if so there will be some quiet telephone calls and the opening of an internment camp

shmmeee

Were they blocking an ambulance as well? Fucking scumbags if so.

Looks like it. I remember XR being very clear when they started doing this that they has processes in place to ensure “blue lights” never got blocked. Guess that was a load of bollocks then.

SBT

For all the talk of the media whipping up the petrol crisis, I think there’s an equally interesting story to be done on Insulate Britain and LBC, who miraculously appear to be there with a camera whenever these surprise blockades begin.

Evo1883

Could start getting real nasty soon for these protesters .. the law simply have to do something soon

shmmeee

As I’ve said before I support direct action on climate change. Something needs to be done to get government to take it seriously. But these arseholes are just useless at this point. Can’t defend them. More harm than good.

Mcbean

Same with the radio - I listen to LBC and every morning there reporter is there as they run onto the road and then they wait for the police to arrive -f*ckers

Sky Blue Pete

One of the funniest things I’ve seen for a while.
Really not sure how I feel. There’s an inevitable death from a driver not realising they’ve jumped back into the road and a martyr to the cause may help the overall cause more than just pissing people off.

I am still absolutely in favour of direct action and there needs to be a huge shift in government action to move the issue forward. The leaders need a discussion about if they are happy to have blood on their hands and if they are ok. If they want to move things forward maybe they need a more tailored approach

chiefdave

If they want to move things forward maybe they need a more tailored approach
We probably end up at the same discussion there was about taking the knee. There will be lots of people saying protest a different way but not many suggestions of how they can protest in a way that will be effective without disrupting people.

Its not like protests against climate change are a new thing, they've been going on for years and we're no closer to anything being done.

chiefdave

How is it effective?
How much coverage are these protests getting compared to when they turn up at Parliament Square?

IMO it completely plays into their hands when people start dragging them out of the road or talking about locking them up. As Pete says you make martyrs that way.

jimmyhillsfanclub

There will be lots of people saying protest a different way but not many suggestions of how they can protest in a way that will be effective without disrupting people.

Protests should be aimed at the manufactuing, sales & profit making organisations that continue business models that are harmful.......

so go and glue yourselves to the gates of BP, Unilever, Apple, Amazon, Ryanair, Shell, JLR, Mercedes, Boohoo, primark, Redrow, Ineos, etc. etc......

Disrupting industry will get government attention far quicker than winding up some commuters.

Nick

Administrator
How much coverage are these protests getting compared to when they turn up at Parliament Square?

IMO it completely plays into their hands when people start dragging them out of the road or talking about locking them up. As Pete says you make martyrs that way.

Why don't they target people who can make a difference then?

Hardly martyrs, they are just morons with nothing better to do it seems.

When they have to have the public dragging them out of the way for an ambulance then it's wrong.

chiefdave

Protests should be aimed at the manufactuing, sales & profit making organisations that continue business models that are harmful.......

so go and glue yourselves to the gates of BP, Unilever, Apple, Amazon, Ryanair, Shell, JLR, Mercedes, Boohoo, primark, Redrow, Ineos, etc. etc......

Disrupting industry will get government attention far quicker than winding up some commuters.
Good idea. To be clear I'm not saying I agree with them or their methods but they've done the peaceful protests and targeted protests and got nowhere.

Users who are viewing this thread