M25 blocking (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

It usually does when people sit in roads.
I’m thinking the kings horse and women’s votes. If people are willing lay down their lives for a cause like that then you won’t stop them

shmmeee

Protests should be aimed at the manufactuing, sales & profit making organisations that continue business models that are harmful.......

so go and glue yourselves to the gates of BP, Unilever, Apple, Amazon, Ryanair, Shell, JLR, Mercedes, Boohoo, primark, Redrow, Ineos, etc. etc......

Disrupting industry will get government attention far quicker than winding up some commuters.

Not sure how any of those will get house insulation standards and subsidies implemented.

Need to go full suffragette and throw them selves in front of a few ministerial cars.

NorthernWisdom

Really not sure how I feel. There’s an inevitable death from a driver not realising they’ve jumped back into the road and a martyr to the cause may help the overall cause more than just pissing people off.

I am still absolutely in favour of direct action and there needs to be a huge shift in government action to move the issue forward. The leaders need a discussion about if they are happy to have blood on their hands and if they are ok. If they want to move things forward maybe they need a more tailored approach
Direct action, pissing off the likes of me and you is fair enough, if annoying. A paramedic being there, and people saying an ambulance waiting is less rfair enough. Just let enough through for the ambulance, then sit back down again if you must.

shmmeee

Direct action, pissing off the likes of me and you is fair enough, if annoying. A paramedic being there, and people saying an ambulance waiting is less rfair enough. Just let enough through for the ambulance, then sit back down again if you must.

Thats supposed to be the policy.

shmmeee

They can’t be seen to be ordering or organising others

Well one of XRs problems has always been no one organises anyone. It’s a flat cell structure. That’s how you had white nationalists using their material at one point.

Grendel

I don’t know if channel 5 do replay shows but if they do I’d urge people to look at today’s from 9.30 until the debate ends and listen to “Liam” one of the leaders of this group and ask yourself if you now have any sympathy with their stance

Sky Blue Pete

I don’t know if channel 5 do replay shows but if they do I’d urge people to look at today’s from 9.30 until the debate ends and listen to “Liam” one of the leaders of this group and ask yourself if you now have any sympathy with their stance
Was he a knob?

Nick

Administrator

Isn't he the one who was on ITV the other week?

He was thick as fuck.

Grendel

Was he a knob?

Watch it

When asked about the ambulance he stated is one death worse than 10 million who will fry to death in 10 years time. Interestingly on these programmes they always attempt balance - not one caller in could defend the stance after listening to him

Nick

Administrator
Watch it

When asked about the ambulance he stated is one death worse than 10 million who will fry to death in 10 years time. Interestingly on these programmes they always attempt balance - not one caller in could defend the stance after listening to him

The bloke is genuinely thick as fuck. It's like he has been brainwashed.

"In the future, people who are against the protests will be labelled as Cowards and Traitors"

Skybluefaz

Think he may have been on 5 live this morning. Sounded like a right dick.

Mcbean

i think i have been offended by this piece of S*ite - would the BBC and Channe 5 immediately remove all content !!

will they f*ck

Grendel

It would seem Liam Norton is a Labour Party activist along with his mummy and it’s really an anti Tory agenda with a bunch of dumb sheep following the cause

Evo1883

Liquid Gold

It's almost amusing how they have managed to turn almost everybody against them.

I believe we need to do a hell of a lot more to sort out climate change but pissing people off isn't going to achieve anything.

Evo1883

It's almost amusing how they have managed to turn almost everybody against them.

I believe we need to do a hell of a lot more to sort out climate change but pissing people off isn't going to achieve anything.

This whole scenario probably ends up with somebody either being smacked about or ran over ... the police (courts ) need to do something as this is no longer a peaceful protest

Nick

Administrator
This whole scenario probably ends up with somebody either being smacked about or ran over ... the police (courts ) need to do something as this is no longer a peaceful protest

Yep, the public shouldn't have to be having to move them.

hill83

They are employed by the government to turn everyone against the idea that climate change is real.

Or Bill 5G Gates

Evo1883

Let's be honest, people are always bang on when they tell you what type of person is involved in these protests .. Mag to grid , get rid

women who's husband earns 170k a year can afford to sit in the road and disrupt the lives of people many of whom will be struggling to just get by Screenshot_20211013-160527_Facebook.jpg

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Prophecy here

In 30 years time these people will be in the history books for taking non violent direct action to save the world

Certainly over time attitude towards them will become more favourable I think. Them disrupting traffic etc will just be something written in the textbooks.

I reckon the suffragettes pissed quite a few people off with their antics back in the day.

Sbarcher

Prophecy here

In 30 years time these people will be in the history books for taking non violent direct action to save the world
Think they should sit outside the Chinese Embassy and demonstrate against their announcement to build more coal fired power stations. Roll on frosty mornings, that should help deter them.

Users who are viewing this thread