Match Thread Luton Match Thread (Home) (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Happy to thrash them 1-0, 2-1 or whatever. Big tough nasty team with a smattering of decent players. Adebayo is a better version (and what we hoped he'd become) of Bakayoko. Rate Jordan Clarke and Cornick too. Keep Lansbury away from O'Hare (dirty fecker)

KenilworthSkyBlue

Happy to thrash them 1-0, 2-1 or whatever. Big tough nasty team with a smattering of decent players. Adebayo is a better version (and what we hoped he'd become) of Bakayoko. Rate Jordan Clarke and Cornick too. Keep Lansbury away from O'Hare (dirty fecker)

Always liked Mpanzu as well. Bit of a flair player and one of those who on their day can pose as a real threat.

Sky Blue Harry H

Feels like a pivotal game, somehow. If we lost to these, you'd struggle to see us catching them up (although if we won the next two, we'd have our hopes up again) Feels like a must not lose in terms of momentum. Either way, really proud of the club and team this season, and can feel my annoyance building at certain posters rounding on the team, individuals if the result goes against us. They've given us so much more this season than we were expecting. Proud of them.

mmttww

If O'Hare is back and Godden starts up top with Vik I can see us winning this. Do people think Bidwell can prevent the massacre down our left that happened at their place?

Happy_Martian

Would love to see us put these to the footballing sword but I just can't see it. Said it last home game, our form is so unbalanced currently, if the Titanic had been painted in todays Skyblue, it wouldn't have left port in the first place. Luton can and do score and I can't see them stopping for us.

Cov 1- 3 Luton. Our scorer - Tavares

Sky Blue Harry H

Would love to see us put these to the footballing sword but I just can't see it. Said it last home game, our form is so unbalanced currently, if the Titanic had been painted in todays Skyblue, it wouldn't have left port in the first place. Luton can and do score and I can't see them stopping for us.

Cov 1- 3 Luton. Our scorer - Tavares

No team has beaten us by more than a goal at the CBS (despite some people bemoaning our form)

Sky Blue Harry H

Do you mean Bidwell? Was clearly injured on 30 mins (I think groin) and Robins did his classic of keeping him on for another 30

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Good point - I foolishly assumed he meant O'Hare. Less concerned if Bidwell is out, as Maatsen can drop in there.

Sky Blue Harry H

Anybody know how many Luton are bringing. I'd go on their forum to look, but as it's been created by and filled with a mix of 10 year olds and Neanderthal Danny Dyers, didn't think I'd be able to source anything intelligible.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Could go either way. Hope we've got the likes of O'Hare and Hyam back.

Moore
Hyam Rose JCS
Dabo Sheaf Hamer Maatsen
O'Hare Allen
Gyokeres

Wilson, Kane, Bidwell, Fadz, Tavares, Godden, Waghorn
If not Fadz in at the back but for O'hare I'm not sure. Is Godden fit enough to start? Is Bidwell fit and move Maatsen to AM? Do we start Waghorn with Gyokeres and hope he shows more improvement?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Fucking hell, exactly how hard was he kicked?

(we’re talking O’Hare here right?)
I think someone said he was actually alright from the shoeing he got and it was he and Hyam colliding in training that was the reason they were out. No idea if it's true, and if it's concussion protocol I hope it ends today.

Bertola

I assumed Hyam would be out still if he suffered concussion on Thursday, I always thought you had to miss 7 days due to the protocols?

Hopefully O'Hare will be back at the top of the box

Johhny Blue

Anybody know how many Luton are bringing. I'd go on their forum to look, but as it's been created by and filled with a mix of 10 year olds and Neanderthal Danny Dyers, didn't think I'd be able to source anything intelligible.
It’s the same forum they used in the ‘50’s

Torquay Sky Blue

I said at the end of last season we needed to aim to be as good as Luton this time round. I don't think we've done a bad job really. Expectations probably driven a bit high by our early season form.

The Philosopher

Adebayo toasted us last time. I’d have JCS given the brief of marking him tight.

Cornick is super quick and I can’t help think that Fadz needs to sit this one out. Maatsen needs to drop back - we need his pace in defence.

If available:

Moore

Kane / Maatsen WB

Hyam / Rose / JCS CB

In the middle I’d have Allen nipping slightly back trying to intercept a little deeper.

Hamer / Allen / Sheaf / O’Hare

Gyok up front.

At 65 mins I’d bring on Tavares for Allen and play him in a free role.

If Sonny Bradley is out then their defence struggles late on.

shmmeee

Not at all confident about this one. We weren’t in bad form last time and now we are, and the opposite is true about them. Just hope the players are still angry about how the last game turned out.

Users who are viewing this thread