Match Thread Luton Match Thread (Home) (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

I think when we lose y'all start thinking too deep. It's a football game. We have just got it wrong the last couple of games. We had enough chances to win last night. When it's not going right for you everyone wants to pick fault.
If I had to make any observations, my opiion would be Waghorn brings little to the team. O'Hare should have started. If he desperately needed a rest, then bring him off after 60 minutes. Godden is back and had 75 minutes in his legs. Sheaf was missed imo. Allen though plays well and runs everywhere, there is little evidence to suggest he can effect a game. I would like to see Dabo back and Hyam asap. That would give us a better balance, and understanding through the side, and i think we will see that on Saturday.
Playoff's took a big step backwards last night but two wins at home to follow can still put the cat among the pigeons....

Adge

We’ll I guess the dust has now settled and the realisation is/was we were always going to be short of the quality and metal required when it comes to be in the higher echelons of the league. Our good start raised lots of peoples expectations but the more sane amongst us knew that with the limited squad we had it would eventually catch up with us.
People can have affinity to this player or that player (that’s there prerogative) but the reality is that the likes of Rose/Allen/Shipley/Jones/McFadz/Walker etc need to be moved on if we are to again progress and should be recognised for their part played in where we are now.
Please see Burge/Doyle/Willis/Grimmer/Biamou et al…….

SeaSeeEffCee

I think when we lose y'all start thinking too deep. It's a football game. We have just got it wrong the last couple of games. We had enough chances to win last night. When it's not going right for you everyone wants to pick fault.
If I had to make any observations, my opiion would be Waghorn brings little to the team. O'Hare should have started. If he desperately needed a rest, then bring him off after 60 minutes. Godden is back and had 75 minutes in his legs. Sheaf was missed imo. Allen though plays well and runs everywhere, there is little evidence to suggest he can effect a game. I would like to see Dabo back and Hyam asap. That would give us a better balance, and understanding through the side, and i think we will see that on Saturday.
Playoff's took a big step backwards last night but two wins at home to follow can still put the cat among the pigeons....
If only Jodi Jones had played more, we’d be top of the league

robbiethemole

The thing starting to annoy me is Gus Hamer, arguably the best striker of the ball in the Club, seeming reluctant to take the shot.
Last night in the first half, he had the ball on two occasions on the edge/inside the box, God went right, Vik went left and the Luton defence parted like The Red Sea. Gus passed to Vik on both occasions and from the second one, the keeper looped the ball over Rose's head for the lump to score.
Surely Robins must be emphasising the need to shoot if the chance arrives

Grendel

The thing starting to annoy me is Gus Hamer, arguably the best striker of the ball in the Club, seeming reluctant to take the shot.
Last night in the first half, he had the ball on two occasions on the edge/inside the box, God went right, Vik went left and the Luton defence parted like The Red Sea. Gus passed to Vik on both occasions and from the second one, the keeper looped the ball over Rose's head for the lump to score.

The "lump" who plays like a striker who is perfect for their team and bullied our defence constantly

FFS

PUSB-We_are_going_up

That “lump” has scored a whopping 4 goals against us this season

CCFC54321

The Sheaf/OHare/Hamer combination is arguably the strongest part of our team, there's few better in this league and as good as we are going to be able to afford for the foreseeable future.

Rip that up and you're in real trouble.
Sorry don’t agree at all. How many goals have they got this season and last between them? Goals win games and the midfield are dreadful at contributing.

I also said I’d build the midfield around hamer.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Sorry don’t agree at all. How many goals have they got this season and last between them? Goals win games and the midfield are dreadful at contributing.

I also said I’d build the midfield around hamer.
Some confidence needs to be driven into all 3 of them to just hit it, they are the best we can get for the time being and Im not complaining, there are more areas of concern, such as CBs and cover

Users who are viewing this thread