Luton demonstration (1 Viewer)

Speedies_Chips

It's just about raising and keeping up the word around football. You wouldn't believe the amount of posts online I've seen from supporters who 'didn't realise all that was still going on'.

Agreed. I work in Northampton. Most of my colleagues support Premiership clubs rather than the Cobblers, and they havent got a clue about our situation.

Seaside-Skyblue

Interestingly which i didn't know about the commentators were saying the vote to exclude us from the league is done by other EFL clubs and it needs 75% vote or something. I think things like today helps build more awareness and adds the human factor to the club getting removed. Look at all the fans and the passion behind it. Sky did a good job showing it all for us. Hopefully it pulls enough efl club heart strings to keep us in! Well done CJ also!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

Your being constructive? Really?
Yes another comedy classic.
Do you mean like Wasps and the Council with your mates at the Trust?

It's funny really that you and people like LAST go steaming into things like aggressive puppies let off the lead.

Do you think people like OSB think outside the box or think logically? This is the sort of thing I am on about rather than holding up bits of paper.
I admit I get aggressive because of my love for City.
And have you and OSB changed anything with your superior logic and brains?

Nick

Administrator
Yes another comedy classic.

I admit I get aggressive because of my love for City.
And have you and OSB changed anything with your superior logic and brains?

I'd say OSB has cut out a lot of the shit that is spouted and people using brains and logic would be much more dangerous to people like Fisher and SISU (a lot more brainer than me as well I might add so I wasn't trying to include myself).

Oh and I am being constructive, you should try it sometime rather than just doing as you are told.

letsallsingtogether

I can’t see 3/4 voting to kick us out but without the Ricoh deal what happens? where will we play!?
Why not after all it is the owners who are voting.
If they let us get away with it they might be next.
Unite behind the cause? My cause is CCFC, you only went to a game the other week because a bloke from the council and his mates were sleeping outside you clown.

Why is it tedious, because you can't answer? Other people have been able to be constructive, you should try it.

I'm pretty sure Fisher would be more worried about somebody wanting to think outside the box than somebody holding up a bit of paper.
Your cause is CCFC you and your mates believe all will be ok by sitting there doing nothing well that's your choice.
Me I'm willing to fight and do what it takes to try and make sure that happens.
Just keep sitting there quietly old chap stop moaning about people trying.
You slag off people, call them stupid or make out their not fans just to fire your own ego.
Just calm down before your head explodes.

Nick

Administrator
Why not after all it is the owners who are voting.
If they let us get away with it they might be next.

Your cause is CCFC you and your mates believe all will be ok by sitting there doing nothing well that's your choice.
Me I'm willing to fight and do what it takes to try and make sure that happens.
Just keep sitting there quietly old chap stop moaning about people trying.
You slag off people, call them stupid or make out their not fans just to fire your own ego.
Just calm down before your head explodes.

No, I only make out certain people aren't fans. I always make a point there are people like you who are.

Are the people who sit at home and makeup reasons not to go? Are people who are only bothered in CCFC because of other agendas?

Yes, my cause is CCFC. It isn't Cov Utd, it isnt the council, it isnt sisu, it isnt wasps, it isnt a new phoenix club i want to be in control over.

letsallsingtogether

I'd say OSB has cut out a lot of the shit that is spouted and people using brains and logic would be much more dangerous to people like Fisher and SISU (a lot more brainer than me as well I might add so I wasn't trying to include myself).

Oh and I am being constructive, you should try it sometime rather than just doing as you are told.
You haven't answered my question what has it changed?

If you knew me you would know I never do as I am told only what I want to.

usskyblue

Forgive me for not reading the next umpteen pages arguing about this, and jumping in here.

What it gains is indeed what you said. And, ultimately, that's important. A message of apathy means CCC can do what they want, as nobody cares and they have higher priorities to gain public sway. A message of apathy means SISU, Wasps, Football League may as well do what they want, as the message being given is that nobody gives a shit what happens to Coventry City. Close it down? Why not, nobody will notice.

Anybody who thinks there is a direct correlation between an action and a change of action is barking. Anybody who thinks that no action showcasing the fact that things are not going overly well is more barking still.

If nobody notices something going under, it may as well go under. Show that it will have an effect, and people, stakeholders, decision makers may, *may* try and help out to ensure it doesn't go under. What's for srre is that doing nothing will not help. Doing something *may* not help... but it might. Why on earth wouldn't you take a might above a won't.

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
You haven't answered my question what has it changed?

If you knew me you would know I never do as I am told only what I want to.

What has people knowing the facts to form an opinion and decide on action got to do with anything? Due to the recent mythbusting nobody gives a shit anyway which is one of the points I am making.

johnb

Again, this is a genuine honest question so think before going mental.

What actually made it a success? I am genuinely interested to know what makes something like that a success as I can then try and figure out the aim behind it.

That's not taking anything away from the effort that people went to, but why do people come away from that thinking "yeah that went well"? What's the reason?

Again, I am just genuinely trying to find out the thought process behind it.

Quote from the reverse of the 6 and out flyer we held up today.

“ Today is a great opportunity to not only get our voices heard by those that matter but also to show on live tv what a loud and proud fan base we are and what OUR club means to us and our community. “

The above quote ably explains the aim behind it, and in my humble opinion, yeah that went well.

Adge

Well done to all those who got their voices heard today.
One point regarding the “Sisu out” and “let down by the football league” chanting though. Nick raised a very valid point regarding “what do we expect the football league to do” and this is were I think people (fans) can’t grasp that really, the football league can’t do anything apart from what they done on Friday which was set a date (and at last force peoples hands) for the club too get its house in order.
But “take the golden share of them” and “how did they pass a fit and proper test” is a bit of a myth also.
Sisu obviously at the time (when they took over) had a blueprint that was meeting the criteria of the football league membership, but I think a few lessons would have been learned (not least by the football league) regarding if a purchase of another football club was being made by a hedge fund. Not sure from now on in that they would now meet the “fit and proper test” so easily.

Captain Dart

This needs clarifying. We have no ground, they vote and don't kick us out. Then what?
Tricky one. So why is the club saying they are not searching for an alternative venue, the EFL can't stop them playing elsewhere if they cannot play at the Ricoh that would be unreasonable.

Seaside-Skyblue

This needs clarifying. We have no ground, they vote and don't kick us out. Then what?
The vote thing was what I heard from the commentators during the game - I hadnt picked out this key info or noticed this in any other news source before today. Obv thats the million pound question about what next and I actually don't know. It's an odd one. I think that our pool of rivalries could very well grow in the future (if we came back through the leagues) should we get to find out who voted vs us and it isn't done anonymously.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Like the council love the Trust? Oh, wait. Like Wasps love the trust? Oh, wait.

Can only imagine your reaction if I actually worked for SISU and had Onwe Igwe proof read my propaganda.

Maybe you could just be constructive and discuss it?
Not bitter about the Trust then.

Is it because you offered to help the Trust and they SNUBBED YOU .

Nothing like a woman scorned.

chiefdave

So why is the club saying they are not searching for an alternative venue, the EFL can't stop them playing elsewhere if they cannot play at the Ricoh that would be unreasonable.
Yet we have supporters wanting the EFL to take a strong stance and forbid the club playing elsewhere.

Can the Trust not speak with the EFL and get some clarification as for months its been there's a deadline and we can't play out of Coventry. Now there's a vote.

Nick

Administrator
Not bitter about the Trust then.

Is it because you offered to help the Trust and they SNUBBED YOU .

Nothing like a woman scorned.

Nah it's because they are standing by watching the club get distressed by all the pricks involved and hoping Hoffman takes over so they can get a sniff.

Same as they tried with Haskell....

Again, I would reply properly but you will cry about bullying like a proper little bitch. Don't want the police knocking after you ring them because the nasty man on the internet called you thick as fuck.

clint van damme

Raise the profile to who?

People keep saying raise the profile or "exposure to the plight" but it never gets past that.

I am just genuinely trying to understand it.

It's certainly shone a light on the EFL and I bet its made them squirm.
True. It's nothing new and we're not the first club but it's better than doing fuck all and giving them a free ride.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Quality work CJ. Not a fan of what the trust has become but thought today worked perfectly well despite Nicks embarrassing insistence it wasn’t a success. Brand exposure / PR is a huge part of any business, so even on impressions today could be seen as a success. As for whether or not it has an overall positive impact on our future, who knows. What it might well do is create exposure to other clubs in the football league that they don’t have to suffer the same horrible plight that we have. Whether that be Luton or even the likes of Villa or Leicester, I wouldn’t wish this on anyone. If we go down kicking and screaming, there’s more likely to be a positive effect for others in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Quality work CJ. Not a fan of what the trust has become but thought today worked perfectly well despite Nicks embarrassing insistence it wasn’t a success. Brand exposure / PR is a huge part of any business, so even on impressions today could be seen as a success. As for whether or not it has an overall positive impact on our future, who knows. What it might well do is create exposure to other clubs in the football league that they don’t have to suffer the same horrible plight that we have. Whether that be Luton or even the likes of Villa or Leicester, I wouldn’t wish this on anyone. If we go down kicking and screaming, there’s more likely to be a positive effect for others in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not saying it wasn't, I was asking about the aim and what made it one.

clint van damme

I might well be, in this case I am genuinely trying to be constructive and not take the piss.

I'm a cynic with everything and do try to overthink things first. If it is just a release for people then fair enough.

If people never organised and protested we'd still be working 12 hours a day, 6 days a week with no holiday pay, no sick pay and no workers rights.
I'm sure along the way to achieving that there were some protests that never worked but it's a good job people never gave up trying.

clint van damme

Well done to all those who got their voices heard today.
One point regarding the “Sisu out” and “let down by the football league” chanting though. Nick raised a very valid point regarding “what do we expect the football league to do” and this is were I think people (fans) can’t grasp that really, the football league can’t do anything apart from what they done on Friday which was set a date (and at last force peoples hands) for the club too get its house in order.
But “take the golden share of them” and “how did they pass a fit and proper test” is a bit of a myth also.
Sisu obviously at the time (when they took over) had a blueprint that was meeting the criteria of the football league membership, but I think a few lessons would have been learned (not least by the football league) regarding if a purchase of another football club was being made by a hedge fund. Not sure from now on in that they would now meet the “fit and proper test” so easily.

Don't think the football league can do a lot in our case but it might make them subject the next charlatan trying to take over a club to proper scrutiny

usskyblue

It's certainly shone a light on the EFL and I bet its made them squirm..

I doubt it. But that’s not the point is it? We can’t do anything to force the situation. It’s a simple fact. But, we did (and can continue to) do ‘what we can’.

The fans have shown that they’re not passively accepting the situation and they've shown unity in that message.

To think it will actually change things is delusional...but to do nothing is unthinkable.

Cavan O'Doherty

I don’t why some of you keep biting. I learnt a long time ago that it’s a massive waste of time arguing about football politics on a forum. Too many people wanting to stir the pot and criticise everything and anything that differs from their opinion. Don’t bother.

Nick

Administrator
I don’t why some of you keep biting. I learnt a long time ago that it’s a massive waste of time arguing about football politics on a forum. Too many people wanting to stir the pot and criticise everything and anything that differs from their opinion. Don’t bother.

I genuinely wasn't on a wind up. I was just trying to get feedback and be constructive without all of the "what are you doing" and to get an idea of the thought and reasoning behind it.

A couple of people have been willing and pointed thoughts out. I'm trying to understand and hear things that differ from my thoughts and the way I would look at something.

Magwitch

If people never organised and protested we'd still be working 12 hours a day, 6 days a week with no holiday pay, no sick pay and no workers rights.
I'm sure along the way to achieving that there were some protests that never worked but it's a good job people never gave up trying.
Absolutely spot on.

Cavan O'Doherty

I genuinely wasn't on a wind up. I was just trying to get feedback and be constructive without all of the "what are you doing" and to get an idea of the thought and reasoning behind it.

A couple of people have been willing and pointed thoughts out. I'm trying to understand and hear things that differ from my thoughts and the way I would look at something.
That’s also another reason why I don’t bother, unlike if you’re debating something face to face, comments made on a forum can come across badly or in a different way than you intended, just like in this case. I stick to the football these days as it feels like constant deja vu when talking about the same subjects we’ve been going over for years. Good on CJ and others if they want to protest, I’m all for it. But I can also respect others who don’t want to protest. Each to their own, which some(not aimed at you in particular), need to take on board.

Nick

Administrator
I understand that, I'm genuinely just interested in it (not even just ccfc related ones) as people say things were a success etc. More about the methods etc.

As usskyblue has said I can fully understand that and what he was saying.

Genuinely not trying to be a dick for a change, more trying to understand.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Yep, that sums you up. Mostly a dick, but on this occasion not. Good for you for finally owning up.
I'll happily say I am.

Another will timed return from your flounce? Something must be going on!

Guess people don't like particular things from being pointed out. ;)

chiefdave

The reaction from some quarters when there’s even a suggestion of any action against Wasps would be hilarious if it wasn’t so tragic.

Certainly puts to bed the idea that protests against Wasps are a waste of time to bed.

Nick

Administrator
I'm here quite regularly Nick, I just choose not to engage with the bickering anymore. However on this occasion, you offered up a free hit so couldn't resist.
At least do a proper job then with a free hit. It was nearly as lame as the bitchfit you had about wanting attention and your account deleted as people didn't agree with you.

You can even get backup from armybike if you want, for another one? Its surely about time he gets fired up, his internet must be working now?

Users who are viewing this thread