Luton demonstration (3 Viewers)

eastwoodsdustman

If it raises the profile with the efl a little more then it’s worth it. People at a higher level than the fans need to sit down and resolve it and a bit of pressure on tv helps.

Nick

Administrator
If it raises the profile with the efl a little more then it’s worth it. People at a higher level than the fans need to sit down and resolve it and a bit of pressure on tv helps.

The EFL know full well the situation. It isn't anything new to them.

It really isn't pressuring them into anything.

If it did pressure the EFL, what do the fans want to pressure them into doing?

Again, genuine questions.

Nick

Administrator
All that can be done by the fans is to raise the profile. Short of taking hostages, what do you want the fans to do m8 ?

Raise the profile to who?

People keep saying raise the profile or "exposure to the plight" but it never gets past that.

I am just genuinely trying to understand it.

eastwoodsdustman

The EFL know full well the situation. It isn't anything new to them.

It really isn't pressuring them into anything.

If it did pressure the EFL, what do the fans want to pressure them into doing?

Again, genuine questions.
They could try to get involved and get a satisfactory resolution. They have a habit of popping their head above the parapet and then disappearing without trace.

Nick

Administrator
They could try to get involved and get a satisfactory resolution. They have a habit of popping their head above the parapet and then disappearing without trace.

Again, they will be involved as much as they can already but in reality they don't really have much say do they?

So many people are shouting at them who expect them to just take the club away and hand it over to somebody else.

They also know full well about the situation.

Nick

Administrator
Yet he accuses others of playing dumb. i
I really wonder who pays his wages sometimes.

I'm not playing dumb, I am asking genuine questions which nobody seems to answer.

As for paying my wages, it's ironic really considering who pays the wages for your mate on the trust board. Is this where you act dumb and pretend you don't know?

Can go all day with that one.

eastwoodsdustman

Again, they will be involved as much as they can already but in reality they don't really have much say do they?

So many people are shouting at them who expect them to just take the club away and hand it over to somebody else.

They also know full well about the situation.
Not really sure that they’ve done much really. I’m sure they could do more than they have or probably want to.

CCFC54321

Surely no one would piss on this parade?

Oh look. Here comes Nick.
The guys an attention seeker mate and many people I know are sick to back teeth of him and wish he would fuck off this site. Consistently looking for a row with anyone that he doesn’t agree with and it’s getting tiresome now.

Seriously Nick please hand the site over to someone else your killing it.

Actually fuck off you rude,tiresome, twat.

Nick

Administrator
Not really sure that they’ve done much really. I’m sure they could do more than they have or probably want to.

This is what I am trying to get at.

Everybody is saying how it's a success and will want the same thing done again and it just goes on and on and on.

I am just trying to find out the thought process behind it.

People are shouting Let down by the EFL, I am just trying to find out genuinely what they want them to realistically do?

usskyblue

Raise the profile to who?

People keep saying raise the profile or "exposure to the plight" but it never gets past that.

I am just genuinely trying to understand it.

It was on telly m8. It exposes the issue to everyone watching. I’m not suggesting it will actually achieve anything beyond that, but it does show that the fans care and there’s empathy in the football community (from Luton at least).

The end game is in the hands of Wasps and SISU. Always has been.

Nick

Administrator
The guys an attention seeker mate and many people I know are sick to back teeth of him and wish he would fuck off this site. Consistently looking for a row with anyone that he doesn’t agree with and it’s getting tiresome now.

Seriously Nick please hand the site over to someone else your killing it.

Actually fuck off you rude,tiresome, twat.

Just don't login. It's as simple as that if you don't like it. You aren't forced to.

I am raising a genuine point, I am trying to discuss things constructively.

I have purposely not been rude to CJ when asking him and only insulted people in response in this thread.

The irony is not lost in your post. Neither is your agenda behind it.

covmark

Nick, have a day off mate. The fans feel pretty helpless with the situation we are in. This is the only peaceful way of making the fans voice heard. It will probably achieve nothing, but in the very least, it'll make those fans feel united.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Nick, have a day off mate. The fans feel pretty helpless with the situation we are in. This is the only peaceful way of making the fans voice heard. It will probably achieve nothing, but in the very least, it'll make those fans feel united.

Have a day off? I am asking to try and understand the thought process behind it.

Is the aim to unite fans?

I am genuinely trying to find out the aims and the thought process.

Bova

It’s a fair enough question. In any walk of life if you take action you have a desired outcome. Don’t see an issue with Nick asking what that was.

Now there’s a surprise.....the desired outcome was to highlight our plight to a national audiance, I think it was a success in that respect, so why any genuine Cov fan would start questioning the point of it is beyond me. Maybe if somebody had held up a ‘it’s all wasps and ccc fault’ some of you might be happier.....

usskyblue

It was on telly m8. It exposes the issue to everyone watching. I’m not suggesting it will actually achieve anything beyond that, but it does show that the fans care and there’s empathy in the football community (from Luton at least).

The end game is in the hands of Wasps and SISU. Always has been.

U good with this m8 ? If you don’t want to engage with people that slag you off, don’t engage with them.

As a wise fucker once said;

‘History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.’

Nick

Administrator
Now there’s a surprise.....the desired outcome was to highlight our plight to a national audiance, I think it was a success in that respect, so why any genuine Cov fan would start questioning the point of it is beyond me. Maybe if somebody had held up a ‘it’s all wasps and ccc fault’ some of you might be happier.....

No, the desired outcome is surely to get a deal?

People are way too obsessed with "highlighting the plight". It's a success when there is a bit on TV about it.

This is why I am genuinely asking the thought behind it. If it is to unite fans then I can kind of see it.

ceetee

Whilst I appreciate that we as fans have no way of really influencing the outcome of the dispute (and before anyone asks I wasn't there) I think the main achievement is that it shows that the fans do care.
This should be an obvious truth, but some of the noisy minority have given out the impression that getting rid of SISU is a greater objective than survival of the club, as we know it. In my view that gives Wasps a free pass without actually influencing SISU.

I am not supporting SISU but neither do I want to see CCFC used as a pawn by both sides of the dispute. I have no interest in protest clubs and I don't want a situation where a phoenix club becomes a reality.

So although I wasn't there and didn't see the actual post match demonstration, I am fully supportive of today's demonstration as it shows that we do care and want to see a resolution with continuing survival of CCFC as we know it.

covmark

Have a day off? I am asking to try and understand the thought process behind it.

Is the aim to unite fans?

I am genuinely trying to find out the aims and the thought process.
The thought process is surely that people feel the need to do something.
What do you expect the fans to do Nick?

Nick

Administrator
Whilst I appreciate that we as fans have no way of really influencing the outcome of the dispute (and before anyone asks I wasn't there) I think the main achievement is that it shows that the fans do care.
This should be an obvious truth, but some of the noisy minority have given out the impression that getting rid of SISU is a greater objective than survival of the club, as we know it. In my view that gives Wasps a free pass without actually influencing SISU.

I am not supporting SISU but neither do I want to see CCFC used as a pawn by both sides of the dispute. I have no interest in protest clubs and I don't want a situation where a phoenix club becomes a reality.

So although I wasn't there and didn't see the actual post match demonstration, I am fully supportive of today's demonstration as it shows that we do care and want to see a resolution with continuing survival of CCFC as we know it.

I can also understand if the aim is to just show we care.

In which case we need to build and push it as "we care about CCFC" surely?

Nick

Administrator
The thought process is surely that people feel the need to do something.
What do you expect the fans to do Nick?

Be a bit more realistic in what the aim is etc. Which is why I am trying to figure things out and what the thought process is at shouting at the EFL etc.

If the aim is to unite the fans then let's fill the Ricoh and everybody get behind CCFC and make it a sky blue party. Push everybody to get down to a game, wear sky blue, sing sky blue songs and make it known that we all care about CCFC. Keep it as a love for CCFC and it would send a message if that's the aim?

I am trying to be diplomatic and constructive. Everybody is saying well done and how well it went, I am trying to find out what that is judged on and therefore what the aim in it all is.

slyblue57

I'm not playing dumb, I am asking genuine questions which nobody seems to answer.

As for paying my wages, it's ironic really considering who pays the wages for your mate on the trust board. Is this where you act dumb and pretend you don't know?

Can go all day with that one.
You re not playing dumb, really ?
The demo today would be seen by the tv audience, fans of other EFL clubs who would in all honesty have no knowledge of the current threats.
Sky understood it, the pundits understood it. The pundits stated the threat of expulsion from the league, the no-where to play next season.
The demo as it was, was successful, it brought more people into the knowlege of what is happening. It informs fans of the other clubs who will possibly
have to vote on our existance of our plight. If only a few of those now enlightened fans speak up for us the EFL vote may go our way.
I m not going to argue with you Nick, you get it or you do nt.
Pusb .

lifelongcityfan

Good show by the fans...good to get some exposue on the television and also to the other league cubs..may well need them on our side

Nick. what is your problem???

Nick

Administrator
You re not playing dumb, really ?
The demo today would be seen by the tv audience, fans of other EFL clubs who would in all honesty have no knowledge of the current threats.
Sky understood it, the pundits understood it. The pundits stated the threat of expulsion from the league, the no-where to play next season.
The demo as it was, was successful, it brought more people into the knowlege of what is happening. It informs fans of the other clubs who will possibly
have to vote on our existance of our plight. If only a few of those now enlightened fans speak up for us the EFL vote may go our way.
I m not going to argue with you Nick, you get it or you do nt.
Pusb .

I'm not playing dumb.

Of course I know the threat about having nowhere to play and the expulsion. Making Coventry and Luton fans aware of it isn't really going to change that is it?

First and foremost surely the aim is to get a deal done to prevent that?

Other than that, if the aim is to show that as city fans we care and love CCFC then will everybody be urged to get down to games completely in sky blue and show how much they love the club?

Nick

Administrator
Good show by the fans...good to get some exposue on the television and also to the other league cubs..may well need them on our side

Nick. what is your problem???

I have already said, I am trying to understand the thought process and to see what the aim was.

It's all well and good everybody having a go at me for asking but nobody really answers.

skybluetony176

Piss on what parade?

I am genuinely interested but none of you seem to be explaining why it was a great success?

Said it before but I’ll say it again. If I was Tim Fisher I’d fucking love you. You’re the free gift that just keeps giving.

Nick

Administrator
Nick, I don’t have a problem with you questioning things. However, when u choose to engage, and seemingly enjoy, slagging matches with your most vociferous critics, it comes across as a bit, well...troll-y m8

I'm trying not to troll or slag anybody off especially (unless its the clowns who jump in not being constructive). I am not using any phrases to take the piss or mock.

People will say how great and successful it was, the same as other protests and then it will get done again because people judge it as a success.

It's about taking a step back, having a constructive discussion about it all. Otherwise we just have people saying "yeah it was amazing, it went well, great success" and the same thing is done again and again. Instead of everybody just abusing and jumping in, there's no appetite even when people are constructive.

Do people want to genuinely think it is doing something? Do people want to feel unity with other fans? Do people want to just shout and let it all out and go home again?

I am honestly trying to just figure it out.

lifeskyblue

They ain’t talking themselves into knots on a forum. They are at the ground doing something. Credit to those who are doing something (whether it will be successful or not ultimately) to preserve their club, their team, their heritage.
If we find ways to knock every idea that some fan or group thinks up we will end up with nothing but memories.
My view is that it is outside of the hands of ordinary fans unless we are prepared for a sustained campaign of civil disobedience and minor law breaking which would be a step too far for the majority of fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread