Luton demonstration (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Said it before but I’ll say it again. If I was Tim Fisher I’d fucking love you. You’re the free gift that just keeps giving.

Like the council love the Trust? Oh, wait. Like Wasps love the trust? Oh, wait.

Can only imagine your reaction if I actually worked for SISU and had Onwe Igwe proof read my propaganda.

Maybe you could just be constructive and discuss it?

Nick

Administrator
They ain’t talking themselves into knots on a forum. They are at the ground doing something. Credit to those who are doing something (whether it will be successful or not ultimately) to preserve their club, their team, their heritage.
If we find ways to knock every idea that some fan or group thinks up we will end up with nothing but memories.
My view is that it is outside of the hands of ordinary fans unless we are prepared for a sustained campaign of civil disobedience and minor law breaking which would be a step too far for the majority of fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not knocking in this instance, I am being constructive to genuinely discuss it after I saw all of the "the day went really well" and "good luck for the day" and people congratulating.

steve cooper

The EFL know full well the situation. It isn't anything new to them.

It really isn't pressuring them into anything.

If it did pressure the EFL, what do the fans want to pressure them into doing?

Again, genuine questions.
It's all coming to a head now though and as we all know, there are only 4 feasible outcomes to this.
1. We get kicked out of the league
2. We move to a different ground outside Coventry
3. Sisu drop their legal action and we agree a deal with Wasps
4. Sisu sell up
I can't see Wasps agreeing to another temporary deal until the legals are sorted.
Sisu won't want to drop their legal action at this stage, and clearly don't want to sell, but I wouldn't put it past them to have some plan that involves a last minute plan to move grounds, either temporary or permanently.
As far as I am concerned 1 and 2 are as bad as each other, but at least if the football league stay firm with their threat to kick us out, and don't at the last minute allow a move outside Coventry, there is the incentive and the possibility of either 3 or 4 happening.
That is why we must keep up as much pressure as possible, on all parties. The likelyhood is that it will now be sorted once and for all, provided we don't end up with another Northampton scenario.

usskyblue

I'm trying not to troll or slag anybody off especially (unless its the clowns who jump in not being constructive). I am not using any phrases to take the piss or mock.

People will say how great and successful it was, the same as other protests and then it will get done again because people judge it as a success.

It's about taking a step back, having a constructive discussion about it all. Otherwise we just have people saying "yeah it was amazing, it went well, great success" and the same thing is done again and again. Instead of everybody just abusing and jumping in, there's no appetite even when people are constructive.

Do people want to genuinely think it is doing something? Do people want to feel unity with other fans? Do people want to just shout and let it all out and go home again?

I am honestly trying to just figure it out.

People feel good because they collectively used their voices. At the end of the day, it’s nothing beyond self expression m8.

You’re over thinking it.

Nick

Administrator
It's all coming to a head now though and as we all know, there are only 4 feasible outcomes to this.
1. We get kicked out of the league
2. We move to a different ground outside Coventry
3. Sisu drop their legal action and we agree a deal with Wasps
4. Sisu sell up
I can't see Wasps agreeing to another temporary deal until the legals are sorted.
Sisu won't want to drop their legal action at this stage, and clearly don't want to sell, but I wouldn't put it past them to have some plan that involves a last minute plan to move grounds, either temporary or permanently.
As far as I am concerned 1 and 2 are as bad as each other, but at least if the football league stay firm with their threat to kick us out, and don't at the last minute allow a move outside Coventry, there is the incentive and the possibility of either 3 or 4 happening.
That is why we must keep up as much pressure as possible, on all parties. The likelyhood is that it will now be sorted once and for all, provided we don't end up with another Northampton scenario.

I don't disagree with pressuring them, that is half my point in asking the aims of things like this. How is this pressuring them?

I am trying to be constructive because if people discuss it without all of the nonsense, it may then end up finding different ways from different viewpoints about how to pressure.

Nick

Administrator
People feel good because they collectively used their voices. At the end of the day, it’s nothing beyond self expression m8.

You’re over thinking it.

I might well be, in this case I am genuinely trying to be constructive and not take the piss.

I'm a cynic with everything and do try to overthink things first. If it is just a release for people then fair enough.

steve cooper

I don't disagree with pressuring them, that is half my point in asking the aims of things like this. How is this pressuring them?

I am trying to be constructive because if people discuss it without all of the nonsense, it may then end up finding different ways from different viewpoints about how to pressure.
I think just keeping reminding the world of our position creates pressure on the parties involved. I'm sure the EFL would like the problem to just go away. There isn't much else we can do, apart from do nothing.

Nick

Administrator
I think just keeping reminding the world of our position creates pressure on the parties involved. I'm sure the EFL would like the problem to just go away. There isn't much else we can do, apart from do nothing.
How does today pressure either sisu or wasps though?

Again, I am genuinely just trying to figure out how people see it as doing that.

usskyblue

I might well be, in this case I am genuinely trying to be constructive and not take the piss.

I'm a cynic with everything and do try to overthink things first. If it is just a release for people then fair enough.

People feel helpless....there’s nothing we can do that will force the twats with the ability to solve the situation to fix things.

So whether it’s holding up paper squares, filling the Ricoh or painting yourself in with strawberry jam...it’s nothing more than an exercise in self expression, nothing more m8

Nick

Administrator
People feel helpless....there’s nothing we can do that will force the twats with the ability to solve the situation to fix things.

So whether it’s holding up paper squares, filling the Ricoh or painting yourself in with strawberry jam...it’s nothing more than an exercise in self expression, nothing more m8

Which is fair enough, I can understand if the aim is to have a release and feel as if something is being done.

Nick

Administrator
I'm sure they could do without the bad publicity, more Sisu than Wasps
Sisu have had it for years and really don't care. Is it really that bad publicity for them? Was today really bad publicity for wasps?

Again, not saying you are wrong but just trying to figure out the logic.

usskyblue

People are passionate. There are thousands of lifetimes invested in Coventry City FC. There’s a natural urge to do something, anything.

SISU and Wasps are playing ‘whose got the biggest dick’ with our football club. Today was a display of passion, unity and a non willingness to be passive about it.

It’s totally okay if nothing directly comes from it.

steve cooper

Sisu have had it for years and really don't care. Is it really that bad publicity for them? Was today really bad publicity for wasps?

Again, not saying you are wrong but just trying to figure out the logic.
My logic to that is, if I went to a restaurant and they served me cold food I would complain. If I went the following week and the food was cold again. I wouldn't think, there's no point complaining again because I complained last week. Letting the world know at every opportunity is all we can do, and neither you or I know how this bad publicity is affecting Sisu, and by how much. They appear not to care, but they wouldn't let us know if they did. We have no idea what is going on between Sisu and their investors regarding this.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

People are passionate. There are thousands of lifetimes invested in Coventry City FC. There’s a natural urge to do something, anything.

SISU and Wasps are playing ‘whose got the biggest dick’ with our football club. Today was a display of passion, unity and a non willingness to be passive about it.

U alrite M8!? After many years and posts you’ve just gone all serious & spot on!

Nick

Administrator

Ok so if it's about unity and passion why not build from it? There's nothing more unified than football fans celebrating a goal for example. Why not make everything purely "come and show how much you love ccfc"?

Why keep coming out with things over and over about pressuring or exposure? Why give people hope it might change things?

You can see it with Blackpool fans now, everybody is congratulating them and saying it will be us next but why will it?

pusbccfc

It's just about raising and keeping up the word around football. You wouldn't believe the amount of posts online I've seen from supporters who 'didn't realise all that was still going on'.

Nick

Administrator
It's just about raising and keeping up the word around football. You wouldn't believe the amount of posts online I've seen from supporters who 'didn't realise all that was still going on'.
Yes but what I don't get is what use is a random Burnley fan for example saying they didn't know it was still on going?

What will that achieve? Unity between clubs fans? A bit of comfort?

Again, im just trying to figure out viewpoints like that. I'm not having a go.

I can understand when us sky blue says it makes people feel better, I don't get things like this though

pusbccfc

Yes but what I don't get is what use is a random Burnley fan for example saying they didn't know it was still on going?

What will that achieve? Unity between clubs fans? A bit of comfort?

Again, im just trying to figure out viewpoints like that. I'm not having a go.

I can understand when us sky blue says it makes people feel better, I don't get things like this though

Unity and pressure on the football authorities.

Our protests are never going to force SISU out or for Wasps to change their mind. We learnt that the hard way. This must be our 8th year protesting now.

bawtryneal

Raise the profile to who?

People keep saying raise the profile or "exposure to the plight" but it never gets past that.

I am just genuinely trying to understand it.

So what action or stance would you suggest was taken against the current situation ?

Nick

Administrator
Unity and pressure on the football authorities.

Our protests are never going to force SISU out or for Wasps to change their mind. We learnt that the hard way. This must be our 8th year protesting now.
Again, how does it pressure them though? We have people demanding they take the club and hand it over etc.

Surely if the same has been done for years and not made a difference then keep holding things up for a camera isn't going to suddenly change.

This is why I'm asking to try and get thoughts and to try and think outside the box at least.

skybluetony176

Like the council love the Trust? Oh, wait. Like Wasps love the trust? Oh, wait.

Can only imagine your reaction if I actually worked for SISU and had Onwe Igwe proof read my propaganda.

Maybe you could just be constructive and discuss it?

You’re reply is the absolute epitome of why I would fucking love you if I was Tim Fisher.

Nick

Administrator
You’re reply is the absolute epitome of why I would fucking love you if I was Tim Fisher.

Strange, you still don't seem to be able to answer?

He would love me because I say that holding up a bit of paper doesn't pressure him? I'm not sure he would.

skybluetony176

Again, how does it pressure them though? We have people demanding they take the club and hand it over etc.

Surely if the same has been done for years and not made a difference then keep holding things up for a camera isn't going to suddenly change.

This is why I'm asking to try and get thoughts and to try and think outside the box at least.

Just give it up you tedious twat. Leave this thread to those fans who want to unite behind the cause instead of trolling it.

Grendel

What would you do to annoy Mr Fisher Tony? Bit of DIY instead of going to a game and tell him in an e mail?

Grendel

Nick

Administrator
Just give it up you tedious twat. Leave this thread to those fans who want to unite behind the cause instead of trolling it.

Unite behind the cause? My cause is CCFC, you only went to a game the other week because a bloke from the council and his mates were sleeping outside you clown.

Why is it tedious, because you can't answer? Other people have been able to be constructive, you should try it.

I'm pretty sure Fisher would be more worried about somebody wanting to think outside the box than somebody holding up a bit of paper.

NorthernWisdom

It has shown that the fans care. It has also enlightened supporters of other clubs that weren’t aware of our plight.

Beyond that? Fuckall m8

Forgive me for not reading the next umpteen pages arguing about this, and jumping in here.

What it gains is indeed what you said. And, ultimately, that's important. A message of apathy means CCC can do what they want, as nobody cares and they have higher priorities to gain public sway. A message of apathy means SISU, Wasps, Football League may as well do what they want, as the message being given is that nobody gives a shit what happens to Coventry City. Close it down? Why not, nobody will notice.

Anybody who thinks there is a direct correlation between an action and a change of action is barking. Anybody who thinks that no action showcasing the fact that things are not going overly well is more barking still.

If nobody notices something going under, it may as well go under. Show that it will have an effect, and people, stakeholders, decision makers may, *may* try and help out to ensure it doesn't go under. What's for srre is that doing nothing will not help. Doing something *may* not help... but it might. Why on earth wouldn't you take a might above a won't.

skybluetony176

Unite behind the cause? My cause is CCFC, you only went to a game the other week because a bloke from the council and his mates were sleeping outside you clown.

Why is it tedious, because you can't answer? Other people have been able to be constructive, you should try it.

I'm pretty sure Fisher would be more worried about somebody wanting to think outside the box than somebody holding up a bit of paper.

I’m pretty sure Fisher would roll his eyes at someone holding up a piece of paper whereas he punches the air in delight at anything you offer. Your idea of thinking out the box is pleasing Fisher.

Nick

Administrator
Forgive me for not reading the next umpteen pages arguing about this, and jumping in here.

What it gains is indeed what you said. And, ultimately, that's important. A message of apathy means CCC can do what they want, as nobody cares and they have higher priorities to gain public sway. A message of apathy means SISU, Wasps, Football League may as well do what they want, as the message being given is that nobody gives a shit what happens to Coventry City. Close it down? Why not, nobody will notice.

Anybody who thinks there is a direct correlation between an action and a change of action is barking. Anybody who thinks that no action showcasing the fact that things are not going overly well is more barking still.

If nobody notices something going under, it may as well go under. Show that it will have an effect, and people, stakeholders, decision makers may, *may* try and help out to ensure it doesn't go under. What's for srre is that doing nothing will not help. Doing something *may* not help... but it might. Why on earth wouldn't you take a might above a won't.

I understand that point about doing something.

My point is more about the methods as well than anything and what deems something a success in all of this. (not just in this case but protests in general).

As it stands, people like CCC know they can do what they want and publicly brag about it.

Nick

Administrator
I’m pretty sure Fisher would roll his eyes at someone holding up a piece of paper whereas he punches the air in delight at anything you offer. Your idea of thinking out the box is pleasing Fisher.

Do you mean like Wasps and the Council with your mates at the Trust?

It's funny really that you and people like LAST go steaming into things like aggressive puppies let off the lead.

Do you think people like OSB think outside the box or think logically? This is the sort of thing I am on about rather than holding up bits of paper.

Users who are viewing this thread