Luke Mcnally (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

I do agree in principle, but of the 20 players listed I don't know how many you would be able to keep out of the match day squad for an extended period of time. And whilst some players could be out for extended periods - O'hare - could well have a near fully fit squad as well. Are we really the sort of club who can have championship quality/paid players not even on the bench. Could be we use the loan system to cover ourselves - players out injured in September, bring in replacements, players out injured in January, bring in replacements. I'm also unsure if Burroughs (especially), Tavares, and Howley will be out on loan.

So I’d get an AM in until Jan for example to give O’Hare space to come back. Similarly I’d probably loan our Tavares and Godden would get limited games, so you’d really got three fighting for two spots at AM and ST, middle personally i think still looks light and I’d have let Kelly go and got cover for Hamer in. Wingbacks on the right both Tats and Lats can play multiple positions so should get game time. Same with Bidders if perhaps we forego a backup LCB.

I don’t think it would be too tough to keep everyone happy.

napolimp

So I’d get an AM in until Jan for example to give O’Hare space to come back. Similarly I’d probably loan our Tavares and Godden would get limited games, so you’d really got three fighting for two spots at AM and ST, middle personally i think still looks light and I’d have let Kelly go and got cover for Hamer in. Wingbacks on the right both Tats and Lats can play multiple positions so should get game time. Same with Bidders if perhaps we forego a backup LCB.

I agree don't think Palmer and Allen are enough at CAM, especially when playing 2 behind, and even with Sakamoto as cover who may well be needed at RWB at the same time. A loan option there would certainly be useful.

At forward it's tough, I think you need 2 championship quality goal scorers even if you plan on often playing one up top - what if Simms gets injured. If Godden goes someone needs to come in, if he stays it would be an interesting call whether he could play that 2nd striker role. There needs to be third striker cover and can't be Tavares.

It's fine to cover multiple defensive positions with the same player, but you don't want a combination of injuries where Latibeaudaire has to cover somewhere and there's no options at RWB, for example. I thought the 5 CB options last season, with Panzo and Rose, was comfortable but less than that would have felt like a squeeze. "IF" Bidwell can do a good enough job at LCB then I guess 4 would do. At the moment we have one. I'd prefer to have only 1 CB on loan.

I think defensive midfield is good and am happy with Kelly in there.

Based on above:
+1 CAM loan
+1 Forward perm
+1 Forward loan (if Godden goes)
+1 RWB perm/loan
+3 CB (mix perm + loan)

Last edited:

RoboCCFC90

Wilson/Moore
Sakamoto/Lats
McNally/Lats
Fadz/??
LCB/Bidwell
DaSilva/Bidwell
Hamer/Eccles
Sheaf/Kelly
Palmer/Allen/O’Hare/Sakamoto
Simms/Vente/Godden/Tavares

If we could go into August with something like that, then just loans and maybe the odd free to pad it out before the window closes I’d be very happy. Would still need a CB, LCB, ST and arguably an AM and GK.

I remember seeing City linked with a second loan move for Brooke Norton-Cuffy, which would free up the lad from Swansea (permitting he signs) or Sakamoto.

I think if we can sign a RB (BNC), 2 CBs (McNally & Latibeaudiere) and a ST (Vente), I would be happy with our business. We could look to bolster numbers with loans if it was needed.

napolimp

I remember seeing City linked with a second loan move for Brooke Norton-Cuffy, which would free up the lad from Swansea (permitting he signs) or Sakamoto.

I think if we can sign a RB (BNC), 2 CBs (McNally & Latibeaudiere) and a ST (Vente), I would be happy with our business. We could look to bolster numbers with loans if it was needed.

Yes, this is the other option. Sign an out and out RWB loan or perm, Sakamoto can cover the CAM position whilst O'hare out instead of loan, and Latibeaudaire (if he joins) covers RWB (or starts).

This actually makes us more flexible.

RoboCCFC90

Yes, this is the other option. Sign an out and out RWB loan or perm, Sakamoto can cover the CAM position whilst O'hare out instead of loan, and Latibeaudaire (if he joins) covers RWB (or starts).

This actually makes us more flexible.

Also worth considering we have Burroughs as well and Eccles who can play at RWB as well. I think Burroughs played well in that position last season in the occasions he did.

PVA

I'm pretty sure Sakamoto is the AM signing.

slowpoke

This one is bugging me now. If Burnley only want a loan deal then do a loan deal and try to change their minds in January or next summer. We just need him in the door.
Not as a bribe to grab Hamer off us though, I rate him and would like us to get him on a permanent not a loan, no way. There are a few alternatives about for the McNally position.

Kingokings204

Where did you hear that ?
What a good signing he would be but unless he is out of contract can’t see Middlesbrough letting him go and to buy would take a big fee I’d think.

No sorry it was a play on the previous post. PM

Skybluedownunder

And Luke Steele

Believe it or not it was me who got the club to sign Luke Steele on loan the second time.

We were desperate for a keeper as we had an injury and Paul Fletcher was the chairman or whatever he was at the time, I was working at the Cov ground and I said to him I see we need a keeper, you should go and get Luke Steele back, he didn’t know who he was as it was before his time so I told him who he was and that he was pretty well liked by the fans… few days later we went and got him in on the emergency loan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gynnsthetonic

Believe it or not it was me who got the club to sign Luke Steele on loan the second time.

We were desperate for a keeper as we had an injury and Paul Fletcher was the chairman or whatever he was at the time, I was working at the Cov ground and I said to him I see we need a keeper, you should go and get Luke Steele back, he didn’t know who he was as it was before his time so I told him who he was and that he was pretty well liked by the fans… few days later we went and got him in on the emergency loan

Brent David GIF18216927.gif

Matt smith

mitt romney face GIF

SBAndy

Wilson/Moore
Sakamoto/Lats
McNally/Lats
Fadz/??
LCB/Bidwell
DaSilva/Bidwell
Hamer/Eccles
Sheaf/Kelly
Palmer/Allen/O’Hare/Sakamoto
Simms/Vente/Godden/Tavares

If we could go into August with something like that, then just loans and maybe the odd free to pad it out before the window closes I’d be very happy. Would still need a CB, LCB, ST and arguably an AM and GK.

Keep playing the squad over in my mind and settled on the following.

Wilson
Moore/New Signing
Tyler

Latibeaudiere(?)
McFadzean
CB
CB
CB

RWB
Burroughs

Bidwell
Dasilva

Hamer/replacement
Sheaf
Eccles
Kelly
Allen

O’Hare
Palmer
Sakamoto
Rus

Simms
ST (Vente?)
Godden/new signing
Tavares

There’s a squad of 25 with 4 recent academy graduates who probably wouldn’t get huge game time. Be keen for one of the CBs to be a Hyam-type signing - one to develop and give games to here and there.

Manchester_sky_blue

Not as a bribe to grab Hamer off us though, I rate him and would like us to get him on a permanent not a loan, no way. There are a few alternatives about for the McNally position.
Better than or equal to McNally, in budget, proven at champ level and taking into account that we need to sign at least 3 CBs ?

San Francisco

Wilson
Moore/New Signing
Tyler

Latibeaudiere(?)
McFadzean
CB
CB
CB

RWB
Burroughs

Bidwell
Dasilva

Hamer/replacement
Sheaf
Eccles
Kelly
Allen

O’Hare
Palmer
Sakamoto
Rus

Simms
ST (Vente?)
Godden/new signing
Tavares

There’s a squad of 25 with 4 recent academy graduates who probably wouldn’t get huge game time. Be keen for one of the CBs to be a Hyam-type signing - one to develop and give games to here and there.

You forgot Howley. I think Tavares and Rus could do with going out on loan. If we keep Godden I’m hoping for 1-2 strikers in. Preferably, I’d like to minimise reliance on loans too so bring in 2 perm CBs and bring in a loan CB and RWB.

Manchester_sky_blue

Wilson
Moore/New Signing
Tyler

Latibeaudiere(?)
McFadzean
CB
CB
CB

RWB
Burroughs

Bidwell
Dasilva

Hamer/replacement
Sheaf
Eccles
Kelly
Allen

O’Hare
Palmer
Sakamoto
Rus

Simms
ST (Vente?)
Godden/new signing
Tavares

Howley to add to that list.

I think you're right. To my mind we need a Fadz type player, won't cost a lot or pull up any trees but solid and experienced so that we don't lose that mental strength when Fadz is inevitably knackered/injured. McNally and A.N Other in that same mould and then ideally, as you've said a Hyam type development player so bed in over the season.

I suspect though thay may be wishful thinking

shmmeee

Howley to add to that list.

I think you're right. To my mind we need a Fadz type player, won't cost a lot or pull up any trees but solid and experienced so that we don't lose that mental strength when Fadz is inevitably knackered/injured. McNally and A.N Other in that same mould and then ideally, as you've said a Hyam type development player so bed in over the season.

I suspect though thay may be wishful thinking

this is why I like Watmough, on a free, 26, could easily grow into a Fadz type player.

napolimp

Wilson
Moore/New Signing
Tyler

Latibeaudiere(?)
McFadzean
CB
CB
CB

RWB
Burroughs

Bidwell
Dasilva

Hamer/replacement
Sheaf
Eccles
Kelly
Allen

O’Hare
Palmer
Sakamoto
Rus

Simms
ST (Vente?)
Godden/new signing
Tavares

I'm pretty sure Rus will be going out on loan. Allen will slot into that position.

Northeast sky blue

Wilson
Moore/New Signing
Tyler

Latibeaudiere(?)
McFadzean
CB
CB
CB

RWB
Burroughs

Bidwell
Dasilva

Hamer/replacement
Sheaf
Eccles
Kelly
Allen

O’Hare
Palmer
Sakamoto
Rus

Simms
ST (Vente?)
Godden/new signing
Tavares

Still a lot of work to be done

CCFC54321

i'm pretty sure that club are awaiting the first instalment to hit the bank from the Gyokeres transfer before pressing the button on a couple of deals involving fees. The longer the transfer takes to actually confirm the waiting game continues.

I still think we must be in a shout of getting Doyle as the loan deal to them across the M69 has dragged on. Doyle hasn't seen the new Manager at Leicester in 2 seasons so can hardly know a lot about him along with Panzo leaving Forest appears strange.

McNally is an obvious one but i dont blame Burnley just wanted a loan deal as he will be a top player.

Manchester_sky_blue

i'm pretty sure that club are awaiting the first instalment to hit the bank from the Gyokeres transfer before pressing the button on a couple of deals involving fees. The longer the transfer takes to actually confirm the waiting game continues.

I still think we must be in a shout of getting Doyle as the loan deal to them across the M69 has dragged on. Doyle hasn't seen the new Manager at Leicester in 2 seasons so can hardly know a lot about him along with Panzo leaving Forest appears strange.

McNally is an obvious one but i dont blame Burnley just wanted a loan deal as he will be a top player.
Sure I read Panzo was now in discussions about a new deal at Forest after a move to Rangers failed to materialize

ajsccfc

Rather than wait for actual money to arrive from Sporting the club could potentially move for players under similar instalment deals. Big load of IOUs floating about, cheque's in the post, that kind of thing

Balli001

Isnt Doyles medical today? Zero chance he comes back here.

Manchester_sky_blue

Rather than wait for actual money to arrive from Sporting the club could potentially move for players under similar instalment deals. Big load of IOUs floating about, cheque's in the post, that kind of thing
I don't think we are waiting for the sporting cash, clearly we haven't with Simms or Tatsu. Just deals taking time as they always seem to. The hold up with McNally seems to be we want a perm and Burnley only want a loan deal, I think we'd be absolutely mad not to take him on loan now and try to change their minds later

Users who are viewing this thread