Luke Mcnally (2 Viewers)

kg82

As we’re clearly minted and the Man City of the Championship now, I’d like to see us bring in a new Fadz as well as a couple at RCB and LCB, Latibeudaire apparently looked decent at CB and I think can play a Josh Pask esque role covering at RWB and RCB. Burroughs and Eccles can cover there too. Get van Ewijk in at RWB, McNally at RCB. I like the look at Watmough at Wigan as a Fadz understudy, and available for free. Kitching at LCB with Humphries on loan to challenge. Then I’d probably move Bidders on and buy or loan an attack minded paced LWB. Ideally swap Moore out for proper competition for Wilson too.
Whose Humphries? Missed this one

Kingokings204

Speedie's Head

We should have got him from Oxford, I reckon the chance has gone now - he was too good. I'd want to know who else there might be now. It's pretty rare that loans come back anyway but there are the odd exceptions that prove the rule.

We've lost Rose and Hyam we need to be investing in our own players under our own contracts.

SleepyGinger

Wonder if we still have any interest in CJ Egan Riley. I’d imagine he’ll be leaving Burnley this summer either on loan or permanently.

RegTheDonk

Lad was great last year, DK should make this his 2nd priority. Loan is fine but he'll only increase in value. Make them a sensible offer now while they are overflowing with defenders.

SeaSeeEffCee

Getting him back should be our number one priority for the rest of the window. We desperately need centre backs and being able to sign one as good as McNally, while simultaneously maintaining some continuity in the backline would be excellent business. Get it done, Doug.

Frostie

We should have got him from Oxford, I reckon the chance has gone now - he was too good. I'd want to know who else there might be now. It's pretty rare that loans come back anyway but there are the odd exceptions that prove the rule.

We've lost Rose and Hyam we need to be investing in our own players under our own contracts.
We tried. Burnley beat us to him.

shmmeee

Wilson/Moore
Sakamoto/Lats
McNally/Lats
Fadz/??
LCB/Bidwell
DaSilva/Bidwell
Hamer/Eccles
Sheaf/Kelly
Palmer/Allen/O’Hare/Sakamoto
Simms/Vente/Godden/Tavares

If we could go into August with something like that, then just loans and maybe the odd free to pad it out before the window closes I’d be very happy. Would still need a CB, LCB, ST and arguably an AM and GK.

napolimp

Wilson/Moore
Sakamoto/Lats
McNally/Lats
Fadz/??
LCB/Bidwell
DaSilva/Bidwell
Hamer/Eccles
Sheaf/Kelly
Palmer/Allen/O’Hare/Sakamoto
Simms/Vente/Godden/Tavares

If we could go into August with something like that, then just loans and maybe the odd free to pad it out before the window closes I’d be very happy. Would still need a CB, LCB, ST and arguably an AM and GK.

In that scenario you would actually have 21 players of enough quality to be in the match day squad. You could drop Tavares on match day with a fit squad of players, but there wouldn't actually be space for any further loan players on the bench, and I presume they would need to be. I think at this point you're either buying or loaning the players still to come in - Vente or Loan, Mcnally or Loan, Latibeaudaire or Loan, other CB or Loan, etc. The remaining non-match day squad can be padded out with the likes of Howley, Burroughs, Rus, (Tavares), Tyler, etc. Although I do think the overall squad is very light on back-up young defenders.

shmmeee

In that scenario you would actually have 21 players of enough quality to be in the match day squad. You could drop Tavares on match day with a fit squad of players, but there wouldn't actually be space for any further loan players on the bench, and I presume they would need to be. I think at this point you're either buying or loaning the players still to come in - Vente or Loan, Mcnally or Loan, Latibeaudaire or Loan, other CB or Loan, etc. The remaining non-match day squad can be padded out with the likes of Howley, Burroughs, Rus, (Tavares), Tyler, etc. Although I do think the overall squad is very light on back-up young defenders.

Not everyone is going to be fit and on form at once, I’d have all the kids you mention out on loan. We’re going for the Prem, we really should be giving Robins all possible options to change games from the bench not using it as work experience.

I think we need 23/24 of Championship quality to make a sustained go of it this season. I suspect Kelly, Fadz and Godden won’t play big parts. We shouldn’t be in the situation we were several times last year where our formation was dictated to us by injuries and not our game plan.

napolimp

I do agree in principle, but of the 20 players listed I don't know how many you would be able to keep out of the match day squad for an extended period of time. And whilst some players could be out for extended periods - O'hare - could well have a near fully fit squad as well. Are we really the sort of club who can have championship quality/paid players not even on the bench. Could be we use the loan system to cover ourselves - players out injured in September, bring in replacements, players out injured in January, bring in replacements. I'm also unsure if Burroughs (especially), Tavares, and Howley will be out on loan.

Users who are viewing this thread