Lose the Gut Thread (Following on from New Year's Resolution) (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Although I had to pick up the pace coming up Bennetts rd as I was busting for a poo

don't worry about that, if shitting down your own leg in the middle of a run is good enough for Paula Ratcliffe mate.......

Rich

I'm definitely getting fitter. My calorie burn in a set 30 minutes cardio workout has gone from 362 to 385 in three weeks. Really happy with the progress, especially as I've been giving 100% every time.

Nick

Administrator
Been doing circuit training, twice last week with 1000 calories in an hour both nights and gym the nights in between.

Firing out 5k on the cross trainer in about 15 minutes.

Only shifting about a pound a week though. Apparently 1kg of body fat gone in 2 weeks according to the machine, not sure if it's that good when absolutely beasting myself and eating well!

Marty

It takes about a 3500 calorie deficit to lose 1lb of fat. Just keep at it.

Maybe you're just doing to much. For me I find that if I smash the gym all week I lose nothing as I tend to over eat, but 3-4 moderate sessions with one going mental I do well with the lose

Nick

Administrator
It takes about a 3500 calorie deficit to lose 1lb of fat. Just keep at it.

Maybe you're just doing to much. For me I find that if I smash the gym all week I lose nothing as I tend to over eat, but 3-4 moderate sessions with one going mental I do well with the lose
Yeah seems like the harder I go the less it is! Still feel better for it though! More energy and better sleep

clint van damme

I've lost 1/2 stone switching to low carb eating. I'm amazed because I did it to try and kick my sugar habit and haven't been dieting a such and haven't exercised much due to injury.
Do feel a lot better though. Sleeping better and got more energy.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Did another 10 mile run yesterday out through Bennetts road through fivefield rd up the Tamworth rd left at the church then through Corley to the heart of England conference centre and back
I was friggin knackered but enjoyed it

Nick

Administrator
Did another 10 mile run yesterday out through Bennetts road through fivefield rd up the Tamworth rd left at the church then through Corley to the heart of England conference centre and back
Mental! Sounds like torture!

skybluegod

Been doing circuit training, twice last week with 1000 calories in an hour both nights and gym the nights in between.

Firing out 5k on the cross trainer in about 15 minutes.

Only shifting about a pound a week though. Apparently 1kg of body fat gone in 2 weeks according to the machine, not sure if it's that good when absolutely beasting myself and eating well!

Yeah I do circuits as part of my training with an Ex Army PT coach, ready for the Navy, find it the most exhaustive, but as has been said, because you work so hard, your body is probably making you eat more even if it is healthier? Think you will also find, fat is now being replaced by muscle, which weighs more than fat, so you will find you have lost more than you think.

skybluegod

How fast did you run it? Legs gonna feel that tomorrow!

Sky_Blue_Daz

1hour 45 min
How fast did you run it? Legs gonna feel that tomorrow!
1hour 45 mins
I'm aiming for 2 hours 10 for the half marathon

I did it last time on 2 hours 8 mins last time but that was 2 years ago
Although I reckon I could do it on 2hrs 5 as I've had a bit more training time

Last edited:

skybluegod

1hour 45 min

1hour 45 mins
I'm aiming for 2 hours 10 for the half marathon

I did it last time on 2 hours 8 mins last time but that was 2 years ago

Decent time that is!! Considering signing up to the Warwick half Marathon personally, but I hate running with a passion, but need to force myself to do it.

superskyblue

Great reading all this stuff.

I've had to give up alcohol due to medication which has triggered me to try and lose a couple of stone as well - I'm 6ft and 16st in my late 20's.

I've started walking to and from train station instead of taking a bus so am walking 1 hour a day. Unfortunately I have issues with my lungs which won't allow me to run or swim. Anybody got any other ideas for exercises to help me shift the lbs? Or do you think controlling calories (less than 2000 per day) and 1 hour walk will work?

clint van damme

I've had to give up alcohol due to medication which has triggered me to try and lose a couple of stone as well - I'm 6ft and 16st in my late 20's.

I've started walking to and from train station instead of taking a bus so am walking 1 hour a day. Unfortunately I have issues with my lungs which won't allow me to run or swim. Anybody got any other ideas for exercises to help me shift the lbs? Or do you think controlling calories (less than 2000 per day) and 1 hour walk will work?[/QUOTE]

think you'll get a lot of results doing that. Daily intake should be 2500 so you're 500 in credit and you'll burn off 500 approx walking for an hour. Try going low carb for a few weeks, doing me the world of good though It there seems to be a bit of caution about doing it long term but 2 or 3 weeks and you should see results.

Rich

I've started walking to and from train station instead of taking a bus so am walking 1 hour a day. Unfortunately I have issues with my lungs which won't allow me to run or swim. Anybody got any other ideas for exercises to help me shift the lbs? Or do you think controlling calories (less than 2000 per day) and 1 hour walk will work?
If you were munching too much and not doing any exercise then you have to see an improvement. Have you thought of going to the gym and swimming and doing weights?

superskyblue

If you were munching too much and not doing any exercise then you have to see an improvement. Have you thought of going to the gym and swimming and doing weights?
I used to play footy twice a week but drank 6+ pints at least three times a week plus ate too much. Because of the illness I've had to cut the drink but also the footy (for now) so I'm thinking they will balance eachother out. Can't do swimming and will definitely look into whether I'm able to do weights. I guess controlling calories and doing the walking should work but not sure how quickly I'd shed 2st.

covcity4life

might buy a cheap sports band fitness tracker from amazon. found 1 qwith good reviews for 25 quid

anyone use 1? do they track distance and time well?

covcity4life

Use a fitbit, really seems to help get motivated!

cba to spend so much. i only really want it to track how much i i run during 5 a side

alot of fitbit owners have written reviews on this one though and said not much difference except for gulf in price which is nice to read

covcity4life

I used to play footy twice a week but drank 6+ pints at least three times a week plus ate too much. Because of the illness I've had to cut the drink but also the footy (for now) so I'm thinking they will balance eachother out. Can't do swimming and will definitely look into whether I'm able to do weights. I guess controlling calories and doing the walking should work but not sure how quickly I'd shed 2st.

cycling?

also agree a lil weights also gets blood pumping for fat loss

Nick

Administrator
cba to spend so much. i only really want it to track how much i i run during 5 a side

alot of fitbit owners have written reviews on this one though and said not much difference except for gulf in price which is nice to read

It's worth trying one.

If it is just steps you could get a pedometer, but it just depends what is built into it to know if it can track distance run.

The fitbit either does it from GPS or stride length.

Marty

Just a tip for anybody looking to buy a new bicycle. See if your company are signed up to the 'cycle to work scheme'. The government waive the tax upto a grand if you buy through the scheme. Takes about 3 days to process the paperwork and is taken directly from your pay packet over 12 months.

covcity4life

It's worth trying one.

If it is just steps you could get a pedometer, but it just depends what is built into it to know if it can track distance run.

The fitbit either does it from GPS or stride length.

it says it tracks distance

i dunno if its gps or not. shit iver oprdered it now! better be accurate or ill have to return it

me and my friend want to see how much distance we cover in footy to end a debate of who runs more on pitch lol

Nick

Administrator
Mine isn't too accurate when doing distance for things like that. Jogging is ok but not so much shorter bursts in confined areas

covcity4life

Mines steps. My wife has fit bit and saya its accurate. And the reviews for this seem v pksitive. I get it tmrw so will try it out on a road run

Sick Boy

If you start eating eating better, cutting down potion sizes and start exercising as much as possible you will see results. Cutting out the alcohol will also be beneficial. I would be happy to come up with a weights routine id you are able to them. Sorry to hear about your illness, I hope you'll recover soon.

superskyblue

If you start eating eating better, cutting down potion sizes and start exercising as much as possible you will see results. Cutting out the alcohol will also be beneficial. I would be happy to come up with a weights routine id you are able to them. Sorry to hear about your illness, I hope you'll recover soon.

Sorry just seen this, cheers Sick Boy - I will give weights a go and see how I get on. I may well take you up on the offer.

Nick

Administrator
Done 8lb so far since the 1st now.

Hammering circuits twice a week, weights and 5 or 6km on the cross trainer the days in between.

Just got to start increasing the weights a bit now!

lifeskyblue

Done 8lb so far since the 1st now.

Hammering circuits twice a week, weights and 5 or 6km on the cross trainer the days in between.

Just got to start increasing the weights a bit now!

I'm impressed...I've lost a couple pounds. Slowly slowly eat a monkey

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I'm impressed...I've lost a couple pounds. Slowly slowly eat a monkey

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thing I've started doing is 10 pressups everytime I have a wee and 15 everytime I drop the boys off as well. Seems to have helped!

lifeskyblue

Thing I've started doing is 10 pressups everytime I have a wee and 15 everytime I drop the boys off as well. Seems to have helped!

I could see myself starting that once or even twice but then I would be in danger of wetting the floor before I get to 10.

Users who are viewing this thread