Lose the Gut Thread (Following on from New Year's Resolution) (2 Viewers)

clint van damme

Thing I've started doing is 10 pressups everytime I have a wee and 15 everytime I drop the boys off as well. Seems to have helped!
is this something you'd heard about Nick or just something you came up with yourself?

Rich

It's kind of like the military isn't it. At any point during initial training you can be told to drop and do 10 or more press ups. I used to do them all the time when I first came out of the Navy. Whenever I had 30 seconds on my own I'd quickly do some.

Sky_Blue_Daz

One of the shirts that was very snug is a bit looser than it was
Still a bit to go

I'm going to try and do 11 miles on my run later

I've cut the beer down to once a week, and walking the dog more

Nick

Administrator
It's kind of like the military isn't it. At any point during initial training you can be told to drop and do 10 or more press ups. I used to do them all the time when I first came out of the Navy. Whenever I had 30 seconds on my own I'd quickly do some.

Yeah have found it slowly helps. Almost found them fun last night.

Sick Boy

Thing I've started doing is 10 pressups everytime I have a wee and 15 everytime I drop the boys off as well. Seems to have helped!

I used to have a couple of pull up bars and would fire out 20 everytime I went into the room. You can get them for under a 10er from Argos.

Nick

Administrator
I used to have a couple of pull up bars and would fire out 20 everytime I went into the room. You can get them for under a 10er from Argos.

Have seen them but issue is being tall and not the best door frames!

Did try some at the gym the other week, nearly physically shit myself with the strain trying to get 3! Not quite there yet.

covcity4life

setback last ngiht. played 5 a side and after 20 mins had pins and needles inf eet and it started going numb. after stint in goal i was ok but few moments outfield an it started happening again

lowback pain returned this morning. gotta be linked?

odd as i played for 90 mins on thursday and was fine during and afterwards

Sky_Blue_Daz

:woot: 11 miles in 1hour 45 very happy
giphy.gif

Sky_Blue_Daz

setback last ngiht. played 5 a side and after 20 mins had pins and needles inf eet and it started going numb. after stint in goal i was ok but few moments outfield an it started happening again

Sounds like nerve damage mate

covcity4life

Sounds like nerve damage mate

nerve irritation rather than damage?

im so annoyed. played 2 long game sof footy last week and was fine after. 2 road runs too. really felt like i was healed.

seeing chiro on 13th, but before that o have 2 games scheduled and i really hope they are not ruined like this.

skybluedan

I've got sciatica at the minute and have now got to have a pregnant birds injection next week in the spine

covcity4life

this thread is scaring me!!!

.chiro made such a big difference to me. this is first time in weeks my back has hurt. i am hoping it will be a one off.

hope the injection works for you.

skybluedan

this thread is scaring me!!!

.chiro made such a big difference to me. this is first time in weeks my back has hurt. i am hoping it will be a one off.

hope the injection works for you.

Yeah me too, just gonna have a blunt before I go, Need it done though my foot has been numb for a week can't feel nothing, from lower back to the foot is agony mate, I've broke a leg both wrist and been stabbed on numerous occasions and this shit is by far worse pain, don't wish it on anyone

Marty

I've had my first physio session today for my back. She said I have very tight hamstrings and that's most likely the cause, although she did find issues with my back too.

Had 'dry needling' done and feel loads better now although at the time it caused cramp in my arse. It was agony.

clint van damme

Yeah me too, just gonna have a blunt before I go, Need it done though my foot has been numb for a week can't feel nothing, from lower back to the foot is agony mate, I've broke a leg both wrist and been stabbed on numerous occasions and this shit is by far worse pain, don't wish it on anyone

you can't leave it at that mate. More info please!

skybluedan

you can't leave it at that mate. More info please!

Hahahaha. Nothing exciting mate in fact the opposite mate just the fact I used to like drinking sniffing cocaine and fighting be it at town , World Cup, or the city up till about 15 years ago I was a tool , and that combined with fannys who can't use there fists which didn't bother me
sad thing is I really enjoyed it,

Last edited:

richnrg

Have seen them but issue is being tall and not the best door frames!

Did try some at the gym the other week, nearly physically shit myself with the strain trying to get 3! Not quite there yet.
you could get into a nasty feedback loop there - i.e. physically shit yourself = 15 press-ups = physically shit yourself etc...

Nick

Administrator

I keep trying but it hammers my knees so stick to cross trainer.

Done 11lb since the start of Jan and feel a bit fitter so far.

Trying to ignore the BMI on the boots scales as I'm not quite sure how I'd survive at the weight they suggest without looking and being ill.

Rich

Did anyone try the Hike bars from Aldi? I love em, popped back in last night for another 24.

torchomatic

Well ive lost another stone, but no likes, ya bastards

Users who are viewing this thread