Lose the Gut Thread (Following on from New Year's Resolution) (4 Viewers)

clint van damme

An old mate of mine used to have a problem with pigging out after boxing, in the end he found a solution... breaking 6 eggs into a pint glass and downing the lot without whisking.

that sounds absolutely fucking disgusting!

covcity4life

keto defo works but its shit so easy to fall off the wagon

i also make sure to have carbs on weekend,dont think its heatly to go too long without them

its a balance that led to stone loss in 5 weeks

rob9872

Not been on this thread for months so I've just been on the scales. After a decent start to the year I'm now 1lb heavier than when I started and still got Christmas food and booze to consume! I guess that I'll have to make a serious effort from Jan 2nd 2019 :)

Nick

Administrator
We were housemates at the time and he tried to persuade me to give it a try, I couldn't even drink the egg whites.

They wouldn't be too bad, it's when the yolks get involved.

giphy.gif

oucho

Target set for 2019 - lose 15lbs (6.8kg) between now and mid-March. That's just over a stone in 2.5 months - doesn't sound too tough but does need to be manageable.

Going to have a Tuesday night weigh-in, bought some scales today and have set up a spreadsheet to track progress. Did 30-40 minute runs today and yesterday, which is going to be a 5-day-a-week occurrence. Should be doing similar length bike rides 3 times a week too. On the diet side, I am going to have soup for lunch most weekdays, have 7-8 fruit/veg per day, cut out the crap snacks, cut down on meat, cheese, beer, and just monitor progress from there. At least half the target ought to be a result of Christmas overindulgence so a return to normality will account for some of the progress.

clint van damme

Target set for 2019 - lose 15lbs (6.8kg) between now and mid-March. That's just over a stone in 2.5 months - doesn't sound too tough but does need to be manageable.

Going to have a Tuesday night weigh-in, bought some scales today and have set up a spreadsheet to track progress. Did 30-40 minute runs today and yesterday, which is going to be a 5-day-a-week occurrence. Should be doing similar length bike rides 3 times a week too. On the diet side, I am going to have soup for lunch most weekdays, have 7-8 fruit/veg per day, cut out the crap snacks, cut down on meat, cheese, beer, and just monitor progress from there. At least half the target ought to be a result of Christmas overindulgence so a return to normality will account for some of the progress.

If youre just jogging on your runs try some interval running to include sprinting.
You'll soon feel the benefit.Loads of plans on the internet.

Nick

Administrator

Fruit is full of sugar as well!

Sky_Blue_Daz

If anyone’s interested try the Vickis kitchen Facebook page she puts up loads of slimming world recipes some really nice stuff on it .I lost nearly a stone

oucho

Fruit is full of sugar as well!

I know but they're natural sugars not refined, processed, etc. I used to be a shocker for snacking on nuts, crisps, biscuits etc but instead now I snack on carrots, cucumber and celery. My colleagues think it's weird but it helped me lose 2.5 stone.

Captain Dart

Managed to kick bread, confectionery, ice cream, cakes, cheese & biscuits for a few weeks so far, hoping my will power stays the course to lose the stone I put on in the last 10 yrs.

Covstu

Sounds very admirable fella hope it works. All I would say would be that any major shift in diet and lifestyle is usually the worst so slowly does it. Just need to find something sustainable that you won’t fall off the wagon after a month or so (or even worse put it all back on afterwards!)

Covstu

Managed to kick bread, confectionery, ice cream, cakes, cheese & biscuits for a few weeks so far, hoping my will power stays the course to lose the stone I put on in the last 10 yrs.
Bread is usually the killer, I stopped it at lunch and can see a major difference already. Feel a lot less bloated

oucho

Sounds very admirable fella hope it works. All I would say would be that any major shift in diet and lifestyle is usually the worst so slowly does it. Just need to find something sustainable that you won’t fall off the wagon after a month or so (or even worse put it all back on afterwards!)

I have done this before so it is more a question of re adopting some good old habits which amount to several small changes, not one big chsnge. Makes it more manageable.

fellatio_Martinez

I'm going to get back on the 5:2 next week. Haven't over indulged as much as usual this Christmas mind. Not setting any targets as it's pointless

Yeah I agree with targets being pointless and I would even go as far as saying weighing yourself regularly is detrimental too.

Feeling good and looking better should be the goal. Not a number.

shmmeee

Posting this up in the hope it adds to my motivation but will in all likelihood hide from this thread again.

Hoping to get back on the low carb/weights now, was going well yesterday until the girl I’m seeing insisted on making Dutch pancakes.

Put a fair bit on in the last month, through a mix of burning the candle at both ends, being happy, and Christmas. So hoping to at least get back to where I was and ideally lose another stone or so. So probably about two and a 1/2 stone, ideally by Easter. Then just stick to my weights routine all year and it should be a good year.

Nick

Administrator
Posting this up in the hope it adds to my motivation but will in all likelihood hide from this thread again.

Hoping to get back on the low carb/weights now, was going well yesterday until the girl I’m seeing insisted on making Dutch pancakes.

Put a fair bit on in the last month, through a mix of burning the candle at both ends, being happy, and Christmas. So hoping to at least get back to where I was and ideally lose another stone or so. So probably about two and a 1/2 stone, ideally by Easter. Then just stick to my weights routine all year and it should be a good year.

A schmoke and a pancake?

Rich

Guys, there's some real good stuff in this thread. As it's a bit old, I've started a new one for 2019.

If you want to put personal targets and aims in there then you'll be able to find them easily come the end of the year.

Lose the Gut Thread 2019!!

Covstu

Yeah I agree with targets being pointless and I would even go as far as saying weighing yourself regularly is detrimental too.

I think it just gives you a target rather than something more general to aim for. I have a cycling target this year but my weight is key to that but not vital..

oucho

My plan is to weight once a week and as Stu says, this motivates you in getting ready for weigh-day and also gives you a buzz if you have hit target or exceeded (i.e. lost more than target). I foudn the monitorable progression a very motivating factor.

fellatio_Martinez

My plan is to weight once a week and as Stu says, this motivates you in getting ready for weigh-day and also gives you a buzz if you have hit target or exceeded (i.e. lost more than target). I foudn the monitorable progression a very motivating factor.

It works for me initially when the weight drops off at first but then after a month or so when the scales don't move the reward system is removed and I get demotivated. So I just stick to getting my positive feedback from better fitting clothes and women dropping at my feet when they see me.

oucho

It works for me initially when the weight drops off at first but then after a month or so when the scales don't move the reward system is removed and I get demotivated. So I just stick to getting my positive feedback from better fitting clothes and women dropping at my feet when they see me.

Is the whiff just too strong for them? :happy:

Sky_Blue_Daz

Not had a drink all week did a couple of 5 mile runs Monday and Wednesday intend to go slightly longer today

I’ve not had bread this week so breakfast has been weetabix and lunch has been fruit Greek yogurt and dried porridge oats and dinners have been from the wife’s slimming world recipes, Honeslty I recommend the Facebook page that puts the recipes up the foods lovely

Sky_Blue_Daz

I’m off to Florida in July so want to lose another stone and a half as we will be at water parks with family and my cousins husband isn’t shy about making comments about people’s weight

Although I think I’m slimmer then he is to be honest and the thought of just wearing shorts at a water park is scaring me abit

Users who are viewing this thread