Loan Watch (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Gillingham v Fleetwood has just kicked off. Eccles has started but Drysdale is out of the squad completely, had quite the shocker on Tuesday playing centre back according to Gills fans.

larry_david

Williams played the full game in a 1-0 loss. Sounds like they've got a bit of an injury crisis so he should get a fair few games

Sky Blue Harry H

Eccles and Drysdale playing in a struggling Gillingham team with a manager like Evans ! It will toughen them up no end, or destroy them. Hopefully a great lesson for them and it does the former rather than the latter.

SlowerThanPlatt

Brandon Mason is getting some game time at St Mirren. According to WhoScored he’s played left midfield and defensive midfield already

Eccles and Drysdale are in and out at Gillingham

Williams has played every game for Yeovil but they are still without a win and rock bottom of the Conference

larry_david

Drysdale missed 3 with compassionate leave according to my spies on twitter. Eccles prob feeling a bit of burnout, it's two games a week every week. They'll pprob be both in next game.

Williams was subbed at ht today. But my all accounts been decent so far.

Bristol sky blue

Unbelievable. That ref should be sanctioned for letting it go unpunished. Doubt anything can be done regarding the player commiting the challenge as he wasn't booked.

More importantly, glad Mason was unscathed.

Sky Blue Harry H

I like Brandon Mason. Giles is on loan and McCallum is on loan, so unlikely to be with us unless we can buy Giles if we stay up. Thought I had read that DaCosta can also play left back?

Sky Blue Harry H

Apologies hijacking the loan thread with an ex-player. Loved Jack Grimmer, but oh dear, looking at the highlights from yesterday!

Esoterica

Apologies hijacking the loan thread with an ex-player. Loved Jack Grimmer, but oh dear, looking at the highlights from yesterday!

Always feel bad for him because he's such a lovely bloke and that playoff final goal :love: but I've never seen a fullback who gets beaten to the byline with such simple regularity as Grimmer. Always felt he didn't get tight enough to the crosser because he was worried about getting beaten for pace 1 on 1 if they were to drive on goal.

There's only really 3 things that can happen here:

1609073376472.png

1) That extra yard of distance he surrenders is then enough for a winger to get the ball out of their feet and get the cross in
2) The attacker will waltz around him because Grimmer needs to take 2 strides to engage the ball if he wants to try and tackle and so the first stride telegraphs it and then he's easy to beat.
3) He'll get put on his arse anyway because the attacker has 2 yards to accelerate into vs Grimmer's standing start.

Last edited:

Frostie

Always feel bad for him because he's such a lovely bloke and that playoff final goal :love: but I've never seen a fullback who gets beaten to the byline with such simple regularity as Grimmer. Always felt he didn't get tight enough to the crosser because he was worried about getting beaten for pace 1 on 1 if they were to drive on goal.

There's only really 3 things that can happen here:

View attachment 18023

1) That extra yard of distance he surrenders is then enough for a winger to either get the ball out of their feet and get the cross in
2) The attacker will waltz around him because Grimmer needs to take 2 strides to engage the ball if he wants to try and tackle and so the first stride telegraphs it and then he's easy to beat.
3) He'll get put on his arse anyway because the attacker has 2 yards to accelerate into vs Grimmer's standing start.

Spot on, was decent for us in League 2 but it was obvious even then that we'd need better when in League 1. Many fans still bemoaned replacing him with far superior options like Dujon Sterling though.

larry_david

Burroughs assist again today. Young with the winner, free kick smashing in off the bar.

Gloucester fans on twitter very happy with both players so far. Looks a good loan move

larry_david

Motm midweek and voted so again today at centre back. Sounds like he's starting to stamp his authority on the back line.

I do think it's a shame for Eccles we didn't send him back out.

Users who are viewing this thread