Literally thousands not protesting outside Council House (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

So, less than normally turn up on the hill?

Good to see the slight softening of the message, but still not entirely sure what they are asking for.

Seyeclops666

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/telegraph-live-latest-news-coventry-6206102

CCFC PROTEST:
Our man Les Reid is outside the Council House with protesters. "About 40 fans and TV cameras outside Council House...."

ACL/Council, the people have spoken - please sell Ricoh to SISU at a knock down price

Quite clearly this protest has failed misetrably and those fans should now unitwe behind the majority who know where the problem lies and who have the clubs best interests at heart!!

fernandopartridge

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/telegraph-live-latest-news-coventry-6206102

CCFC PROTEST:
Our man Les Reid is outside the Council House with protesters. "About 40 fans and TV cameras outside Council House...."

ACL/Council, the people have spoken - please sell Ricoh to SISU at a knock down price

By your rationale the protest is as strong as any of the anti SISU ones in London or the last protest on the hill at Northampton.

Read Knowl's recent article on GMK to put yourself in the picture.

covmark

Quite clearly this protest has failed misetrably and those fans should now unitwe behind the majority who know where the problem lies and who have the clubs best interests at heart!!
all the protests have failed miserably. We're still playing in Northampton. The only one that deserves credit is the march.

RoboCCFC90

Presumably the 800 name petition is from all those who attend sixfields.

My name is on the petition but I don't attend at Sixfields.

will am i

They are fellow fans entitled to a protest if they think its the right thing to do. Its not a competiton between pro and anti sisu views. That said, when i went past there seemed to be more people protesting about the arms tarade

davebart

By your rationale the protest is as strong as any of the anti SISU ones in London or the last protest on the hill at Northampton.

Read Knowl's recent article on GMK to put yourself in the picture.

There is a substantial difference between protesting on your own doorstep and travelling long distances to do so.

Nice of Les to get the TV along as well.

Im not there cus I heard no details, time, date, anything like that. If we're gonna get anywhere, we need to be more organised. Plus its a stupid time to do it. Loads of people are at work and couldn't go if they wanted to

torchomatic

I don't go to Sixfields. By your rule of thumb then I presume all those who didn't sign it want the club to stay there too?

Presumably the 800 name petition is from all those who attend sixfields.

shmmeee

So can anyone tell me what they're asking for?

"Do more to get the club back" is about as specific as "Down with this sort of thing".

torchomatic

Maybe if they had pictures of Lucas and Reeve as Muppets it would help?

"Do more to get the club back" is about as specific as "Down with this sort of thing".

bigfatronssba

Careful now.

hill83

Careful%20Now.jpg

shmmeee

Maybe if they had pictures of Lucas and Reeve as Muppets it would help?

Why can no-one answer this question?

I honestly want to know. What are they asking the council to do?

FWIW the same criticism can be levelled at many of the KCIC protests, but at least "talk to us" is a tangible thing.

davebart

I don't go to Sixfields. By your rule of thumb then I presume all those who didn't sign it want the club to stay there too?

I haven't got a rule of thumb.

It was an ironic remark without an emoticon, so it will be difficult to get for some people.

torchomatic

Presumably to get one side to talk to the other and vice-versa. That's good, isn't it? What was KCiC aims? Did they ask for SISU to talk to ACL/CCC?

FWIW the same criticism can be levelled at many of the KCIC protests, but at least "talk to us" is a tangible thing.

NorthernWisdom

Here's an answer for ya!

We call on the council to conduct a survey of the impact on the city's economy of losing its football club (a) temporarily over up to five years, and (b) permanently, if a new stadium is built in Warwickshire following the Northampton groundshare.

We call on the council to explain to fans and city taxpayers what strategy it now has, if any, for returning the Sky Blues to the Ricoh Arena as soon as possible.

We call on councillors to explain the council's business plan for the Ricoh Arena without the football club.

torchomatic

I can't wait to read all about it! If Ainsworth then I presume a little quiet...if the protest then I imagine everyone will go Les Reid Pro-SISU Crazy again.

I'm sure both stories will get coverage.

Will be interesting to see which is given the most prominent coverage by local press - this protest or Bob Ainsworth's EDM/debate in parliament?

shmmeee

Cheers. I can see why that isn't on their placards (assuming there's placards, it's not a proper protest otherwise)

Nick

Administrator
I think it is aimed at getting people talking. I agree that it is at a bit of a dodgy time when not many can go if they are at work.

shmmeee

If it's aimed at getting people talking, why start with the one side that is willing to talk?

fernandopartridge

Will be interesting to see which is given the most prominent coverage by local press - this protest or Bob Ainsworth's EDM/debate in parliament?

This presumably as it's absolutely local - i.e. calling on the local council to do something, whereas Ainsworth is calling on an Administrator from London to look at something, or something.

bigfatronssba

Here's an answer for ya!

Points 1 and 3 are valid questions to ask the council. I thought there was going to be a council meeting to look into this sometime next month?

Point 2 is a question that needs to be answered by Sisu. The council cannot force sisu to move back, nor does it have any direct responsibility over any other private business in the city.

Users who are viewing this thread