Literally thousands not protesting outside Council House (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Is it not possible Joy extended the same invite to Ann Lucas as she did to Nikki Sinclaire and some fans? Joy certainly said she was happy to talk - how do you know it wasn't Ann that refused, she has been awfully quiet since.

I have seen nothing from ACL or the council for months now.

You've seen nothing publicly since the JR to be fair.

Joy didn't extend either invite, she accepted their requests. I'm fairly certain Lucas hasn't refused any offer as no offer has been made, Sinclaire said she could get Joy but hasn't delivered either. Like I say, whenever a third party has asked both sides, only one has replied.

Unless you've got evidence that Joy has made such an offer I think it's a bit silly to accuse Lucas of not accepting it.

shmmeee

I'm all for those who think the council are in the wrong having their chance to protest but having read their website I'm really not sure what they're hoping to achieve.

Of course the headline of the campaign, get cov back to the ricoh, is something I'm pretty sure we all agree with but the actual detail of the campaign doesn't seem to offer anything that will help us move towards that.

I'd much rather see this group come up with a clear plan that could facilitate the return of the club to the Ricoh and push both sides to move towards that.

If we are going to question the council I'd keep it simple, gives them less wriggle room:
Is the £150K rental offer available to Otium, if not what rental offer is available to them
Would the council consider any bids for the freehold
Would the council consider any bids for their 50% share in ACL

I think this campaign would get more support if they were clearer about what they think the council can do. It all comes across as a bit like 'let SISU have the Ricoh and everything will be OK'.

Agreed, I think perhaps the best starting point is a set of simple questions to each side that we as fans want answered. Those three are all good shouts for questions to the Council/ACL.

wes_cov

I'm not there because i'm at work (working hard...) but more importantly i'm not sure what this message is actually trying to achieve? what do we actually want from the council?

Should Sisu come out and say OK we want to start negotiations with the council/ACL and they don't or won't i could understand. But when Sisu are simply saying free hold or nothing i can't see what petitioning the council will achieve?

If others have a better understanding than me i'm happy to hear...

shmmeee

Another question: when will this group hold a similar protest towards the club? If they don't are they not just as guilty of imbalance as they accuse all previous groups of being? Or will the argument be that "that's what those other groups are for"?

torchomatic

mark82

I love how quickly his viewpoint changed to "Sell the Ricoh" as soon as he got an exclusive "interview" with Seppala. Same as Sinclaire. Same as the "chosen few" fans who have met her. Problem is, if she's so damn persuasive, why only meet with people already sympathetic and why not make those same arguments publicly?

I don't remember Sinclaire being sympathetic before, neither were the fans that were invited (at least one of whom is on here).

I agree she maybe needs to get involved in a forum like has been held previously.

mark82

You've seen nothing publicly since the JR to be fair.

Joy didn't extend either invite, she accepted their requests. I'm fairly certain Lucas hasn't refused any offer as no offer has been made, Sinclaire said she could get Joy but hasn't delivered either. Like I say, whenever a third party has asked both sides, only one has replied.

Unless you've got evidence that Joy has made such an offer I think it's a bit silly to accuse Lucas of not accepting it.

But ok to accuse Seppala of the same?

In terms of hearing nothing since the JR, they were quite happy to talk before the first one.

Nick

Administrator
It is weird though as the people who would back the protests in London where a few people went are now chuffed because only a few are at the council house and not thousands? I can't remember thousands being in London or the Hill (where the game can be watched and isn't in work time) and the only one is the march where everybody agreed.

mark82

I'm not there because i'm at work (working hard...) but more importantly i'm not sure what this message is actually trying to achieve? what do we actually want from the council?

Should Sisu come out and say OK we want to start negotiations with the council/ACL and they don't or won't i could understand. But when Sisu are simply saying free hold or nothing i can't see what petitioning the council will achieve?

If others have a better understanding than me i'm happy to hear...

Probably achieve the same as protesting at Sixfields, Ryton and London. Nothing.

Even the one well attended protest has achieved nothing.

mark82

Another question: when will this group hold a similar protest towards the club? If they don't are they not just as guilty of imbalance as they accuse all previous groups of being? Or will the argument be that "that's what those other groups are for"?

I actually agree with you on this.

RPHunt

I don't remember Sinclaire being sympathetic before, neither were the fans that were invited (at least one of whom is on here).

I agree she maybe needs to get involved in a forum like has been held previously.

Why involve Sinclaire in this - the European Parliament has nothing to do with local issues?

All a forum would do is give a platform and a voice to a political non-entity who couldn't even hack it with UKIP.

mark82

It is weird though as the people who would back the protests in London where a few people went are now chuffed because only a few are at the council house and not thousands? I can't remember thousands being in London or the Hill (where the game can be watched and isn't in work time) and the only one is the march where everybody agreed.

The argument, apparently, is that this is closer. But then the Ryton protest had about 10 people at it so that doesn't quite hold true.

mark82

Why involve Sinclaire in this - the European Parliament has nothing to do with local issues?

All a forum would do is give a platform and a voice to a political non-entity who couldn't even hack it with UKIP.

Sorry, I meant Joy needs to be at a forum.

I don't give a shit about Nikki Sinclaire. As you say she is only really in it for herself.

bigfatronssba

I love how quickly his viewpoint changed to "Sell the Ricoh" as soon as he got an exclusive "interview" with Seppala. Same as Sinclaire. Same as the "chosen few" fans who have met her. Problem is, if she's so damn persuasive, why only meet with people already sympathetic and why not make those same arguments publicly?

I think Joy must have charmed the dashing, brave Journalist.

Perhaps the deal was if he helps her, then she will let him dab his quill in her ink pot?

torchomatic

Don't forget the golden retriever. That counts as two as it's got four legs.

The argument, apparently, is that this is closer. But then the Ryton protest had about 10 people at it so that doesn't quite hold true.

blueflint

cannot believe that some coventry supporters want to sell ricoh to SISU not onion my opinion

shmmeee

24 from the picture you posted earlier, but yeah the only protest to cover itself in glory was the Trust's march. And even conservative estimates for the hill give double that at this protest.

That said, none of those protests had the Telegraph/Les Reid promoting them either.

andyboy81

The Whole situation is totally out of control. The majority of the fans don't know which campaign they are backing!!

The individual campaigns are the reasons that there are major fractions within the supporters now!!

DazzleTommyDazzle

And vice versa.

It was ever thus.

skybluetony176

24 from the picture you posted earlier, but yeah the only protest to cover itself in glory was the Trust's march. And even conservative estimates for the hill give double that at this protest.

That said, none of those protests had the Telegraph/Les Reid promoting them either.

dont forget the legends match, that too was a good turnout and i think their may have been alternative football games to go to on that day too.

Nick

Administrator
All of these campaigns just seem a bit like people who like to arrange things, a bit OTT.

asb

The Whole situation is totally out of control. The majority of the fans don't know which campaign they are backing!!

The individual campaigns are the reasons that there are major fractions within the supporters now!!

I am even thinking of starting a new group to protest on this issue.

We are [I am] going to protest outside the houses of all the campaign leaders urging them to talk to each other.

Houdi

No by far and away the most impressive protest, indeed far more impressive than even the 'March to Broadgate', is the overwhelming number of fans protesting by refusing to go to Sixfields. That truly is a hugely impressive protest, resolute quiet but determined, and clearly shows that 80/85% of fans are still united. The overwhelming number of fans will be continuing doing their protest tonight, by simply refusing to go to Sixfields.

Nick

Administrator
I agree.

Here's to people who sit and moan of the Internet :p At least we're modest!

I am going to start a splinter group with letters I can put at the end of posts. I still just think the one body should be pushing / speaking to / pressuring all parties. I am not saying shouting SISU OUT or mugging councillors but just trying to get all sides properly.

shmmeee

I am going to start a splinter group with letters I can put at the end of posts. I still just think the one body should be pushing / speaking to / pressuring all parties. I am not saying shouting SISU OUT or mugging councillors but just trying to get all sides properly.

Me too. I have no problem really with this protest, it does represent a certain section of our fans' feelings. But the solution to imbalance isn't imbalance the other way.

Like I say, let's see what they do now. If it's still all about the council, then I'm afraid they've made themselves as irrelevant and biased as those they claim to oppose.

ajsccfc

I'm arranging a local area network where we can congregate and voice our disgust behind our anonymity. Masks optional, but it'll be fuming over LAN.

PUSB FLAN

Philosorapter

I remember a collection of Sky Blues fans doing this before albeit for different reasons

1987_fa_cup_fans_gallery_07_470x305[1].jpg

The more observant amongst you may notice the difference in numbers.

PS Looks like it was raining there as well!

Last edited:

olderskyblue

I would suggest that the next act should be for individuals to write to their ward councillor to ask them the question.

Individuals can also write directly to Ann Lucas.

Maybe their next act should be to hold a protest outside ARVO offices, hand in a petition, and ask for the following:-

We call on ARVO to conduct a survey of the impact on the their balance sheet of losing its management fees from the football club (a) temporarily over up to five years, and (b) permanently, if a new stadium is built in Warwickshire and few supporters attend (this assumes of course that the £10million + fees will actually reduce?)

We call on ARVO to explain to fans what exactly did these fees cover.

We call on ARVO to explain their business plan to continue or increase these fees without Otium utilising the Ricoh Arena.

Does anyone actually know what these fees were for? £10 million seems an awful lot of money to me. The rent wasn't much different and we have had 100's of threads about that. How come this has not been as big a subject for discussion?

;)

CJ_covblaze

I was there today along with another member of our board. Felt the feelings towards both SISU and ACL/CCC/AHT were mixed. Everything passed peacefully and respectfully which was great to see.

I personally don't have any problem at all with this group starting. Whoever you think is at fault it's only right that both sides of the argument have a way to show how they feel on the matter.

Again my personal view is, having the Trust in the middle working in the background trying to engage with both ACL/CCC/AHT & SISU whilst these independent groups from either side peacefully get their message across could work well.

withers

I'm going to start a protest against HMRC, they also refused the CVA and cost us 10 pts, it's all their fault as far as I can see

Users who are viewing this thread