Literally thousands not protesting outside Council House (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

It's only causing "further division" because you don't agree with what they are doing. Correct?

chiefdave said:
Fair point but right at the time the other groups are making moves to bring everyone together this new group have appeared to cause further division! I'm not at all clear from their website / petition what they actually want to achieve.

Nick

Administrator
If it's aimed at getting people talking, why start with the one side that is willing to talk?

To be honest, if it pushes them to be more public and 100% put the ball in SISU's court it can't do any harm. If they came out and said "we have offered this", "sisu said this".

I know they can't give everything away but at least if they are more open as because if anything they have just been praised for anything they do.

It is all well and good Lucas saying "let's talk" to the press but didn't Joy say that too?

RoboCCFC90

no because of the tenor of the bulk of your posts

Now is it:

A) Because I just want to see the Sky Blues back in Coventry
B) Because I support SISU.

If it's B then you sir are wrong :)

bigfatronssba

To be honest, if it pushes them to be more public and 100% put the ball in SISU's court it can't do any harm. If they came out and said "we have offered this", "sisu said this".

I know they can't give everything away but at least if they are more open as because if anything they have just been praised for anything they do.

It is all well and good Lucas saying "let's talk" to the press but didn't Joy say that too?

I think most of us would support that as an idea. Get the council to say publically what they would be willing to do in order for the club to come back.

However I can't help but think that sort of message would be more effective after the JR.

NorthernWisdom

I think most of us would support that as an idea. Get the council to say publically what they would be willing to do in order for the club to come back.

However I can't help but think that sort of message would be more effective after the JR.

Maybe you're right.

Now would be about the time, a month before, to focus their minds on what to say then though, wouldn't it?

Warwickhunt

The 800 signature petition has been handed to the council who are obliged to make a statement, they should take this as a view of a cross section of the public's feelings and providing the group continues with another demo it will all be meaningful at the end of the day. If I was a councillor i would be thinking that i need people to vote for me in the next elections

bigfatronssba

Maybe you're right.

Now would be about the time, a month before, to focus their minds on what to say then though, wouldn't it?

Possibly yes. I just mean I don't think the council will say much if anything before the JR.

torchomatic

I think that's correct. I don't think we'll hear a peep out of them until early December.

Possibly yes. I just mean I don't think the council will say much if anything before the JR.

fernandopartridge

The 800 signature petition has been handed to the council who are obliged to make a statement, they should take this as a view of a cross section of the public's feelings and providing the group continues with another demo it will all be meaningful at the end of the day. If I was a councillor i would be thinking that i need people to vote for me in the next elections

I would suggest that the next act should be for individuals to write to their ward councillor to ask them the question.

Individuals can also write directly to Ann Lucas.

NorthernWisdom

Again you're probably right, and frankly the subsiding of statement wars is probably for the best anyway...

Not quite the way I'd be going with it, not comfortable with hundreds of splinter groups giving (exactly as predicted!) the opportunity for some to say no bugger cares... but have no problem with questions being asked, and answers expected.

Skybluesquirrel

This presumably as it's absolutely local - i.e. calling on the local council to do something, whereas Ainsworth is calling on an Administrator from London to look at something, or something.

You might be right - after all Les Reid is the local politics reporter. Ainsworth is only a locally elected MP talking about a local issue that has dominated the news over the summer.

fernandopartridge

You might be right - after all Les Reid is the local politics reporter. Ainsworth is only a locally elected MP talking about a local issue that has dominated the news over the summer.

Where is the story to report on from what Ainsworth has 'revealed'? It's a half story without a response or rebuttal.

The protest is on the same scale of that which happened in the wake of the death of Daniel Pelka.

shmmeee

They haven't actually shown they are willing to talk.

They've talked to the fans through the Trust, Ann Lucas has asked for her "woman to woman talks", AFAIK they agreed to Nikki Sinclaire's request to meet with Joy. None of that is true of Seppala/CCFC.

ajsccfc

I love how quickly Les Reed turned into a villain like that effeminate media guy in that rubbish Bond film.

shmmeee

I love how quickly Les Reed turned into a villain like that effeminate media guy in that rubbish Bond film.

I love how quickly his viewpoint changed to "Sell the Ricoh" as soon as he got an exclusive "interview" with Seppala. Same as Sinclaire. Same as the "chosen few" fans who have met her. Problem is, if she's so damn persuasive, why only meet with people already sympathetic and why not make those same arguments publicly?

mark82

They've talked to the fans through the Trust, Ann Lucas has asked for her "woman to woman talks", AFAIK they agreed to Nikki Sinclaire's request to meet with Joy. None of that is true of Seppala/CCFC.

Is it not possible Joy extended the same invite to Ann Lucas as she did to Nikki Sinclaire and some fans? Joy certainly said she was happy to talk - how do you know it wasn't Ann that refused, she has been awfully quiet since.

I have seen nothing from ACL or the council for months now.

torchomatic

Absolutely not. The fans will never be united. As I said on the other thread. One "side" takes the piss out of the other's protests.

We've never been more divided.

Not at all, are you saying that the launch of this campaign will help unite the fans because that's not the impression I get.

chiefdave

Here's an answer for ya!

We call on the council to conduct a survey of the impact on the city's economy of losing its football club (a) temporarily over up to five years, and (b) permanently, if a new stadium is built in Warwickshire following the Northampton groundshare.

We call on the council to explain to fans and city taxpayers what strategy it now has, if any, for returning the Sky Blues to the Ricoh Arena as soon as possible.

We call on councillors to explain the council's business plan for the Ricoh Arena without the football club.

I'm all for those who think the council are in the wrong having their chance to protest but having read their website I'm really not sure what they're hoping to achieve.

Of course the headline of the campaign, get cov back to the ricoh, is something I'm pretty sure we all agree with but the actual detail of the campaign doesn't seem to offer anything that will help us move towards that.

I'd much rather see this group come up with a clear plan that could facilitate the return of the club to the Ricoh and push both sides to move towards that.

If we are going to question the council I'd keep it simple, gives them less wriggle room:
Is the £150K rental offer available to Otium, if not what rental offer is available to them
Would the council consider any bids for the freehold
Would the council consider any bids for their 50% share in ACL

I think this campaign would get more support if they were clearer about what they think the council can do. It all comes across as a bit like 'let SISU have the Ricoh and everything will be OK'.

ajsccfc

I love how quickly his viewpoint changed to "Sell the Ricoh" as soon as he got an exclusive "interview" with Seppala. Same as Sinclaire. Same as the "chosen few" fans who have met her. Problem is, if she's so damn persuasive, why only meet with people already sympathetic and why not make those same arguments publicly?

She's assimilating us one by one, it's only a matter of time.

Users who are viewing this thread